Lets all join the Millionaires CLub

I'm still looking a FCs system and had you used the BUY/SELL L+10/H-10 yesterday you would have gone LONG 10447 at 13:45 (EST) and CLOSED at 10505. 58pts.

Ah,

So you are using data for a cash index that trades between 14:30 and 21:00 UK time, yet taking trades on a future that trades outside those hours, and taking a trade outside of those hours!!!

You have not backtested this, so you are not trading the system as published here.

I wish you well, been there, done that, moved on.

Hope you can handle the volatility, drawdowns and false trades taken trading sorry gambling this way.

JonnyT

Jonny, i appreciate your concern..

the only out-of-hours trading going on is in between 14.25-14.30 UK time.

i shall publish and be damned. godammit!

FC

Im concerned about him too!! still we are all in this together lol

hmm, looks like we may be going unpatriotic and shorting this afternoon.. may well have to take the union jack thong off now.

FC

FC, I'd hate to have your account wiped out - I sincerely hope that your system works because at the very least your sense of humour and self-deprecation deserve it to work.

Why don't u stop using real money and open up a Capital Spreads demo account and try with that for your fwd testing first?

Cheers

ive got a demo account momb,

thanks for suggesting it..

however, in the past, owing to my character i find it doesnt reflect my trading style when there is money on the line..

ie i would find it very hard to stick to the rules, especially if i see a trade 100points to the good, as i would be so tempted to take a profit there and then..

i suppose it all boils down to the usual "fear and greed".

need to conquer that and then i will be laughing. or at least cackling madly to myself as i swig meths in my cardboard box...

FC

JT - just for fun...imagine a hypothetical intrument which can be traded.

We get a series of data for that instrument (OHLCV) over an indeterminate time period and we select a subset of that data and analyse possible combinations and correlations.

From that a hypothesis emerges.

We test that hypotheses with scant regard for the realities of the market or the actual data itself.

Pure scientific research.

FC's system MAY be untradeable. The data used may not relate to cash and only be applicable to futures in the real world. That's not the point. It doesn't matter.

For me, the benefit of doing an exercise (i.e. 'getting involved' rather than just passively 'watching' the thread) is that I find it leads to all sorts of other ideas and connections which wouldn't otherwise have been made. This is a purely my personal position - it's just the way I work.

Your warnings and comments have been taken on board. I do understand what you are saying.

But the fact is, if my attention is drawn to something, there's a reason for that - and I always follow it. Many a blind alley, but also many a worthwhile discovery.

JT - thanks for your concern, but I'm sure everyone following this thread understand the point your making - and it's a very valid point.

FC - Thanks for your concern but I'm as mad as a hatter anyway.

forgot to add, my "wiping out my account" quip was almost entirely in jest..

im only punting at 1/3 of my normal stakes.. so i should still be around next week at any rate..

dont forget to bring a comfy chair, i think this one could run and run......

Right it looks like we are thongs away and SHORT TODAY...

STOP is at 10530 as per t'rules

SHORT entry was triggered @ 10467 just now..

lets hope the economic news is bad today.. unless of course the rest of you are long. in which case, good luck :D

what you been doing ?

:LOL:

this sort of thing is going to make life tricky for you I think !

Attachments

• spike.gif
    spike.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 521
Indeed, funny how a bit of bad news can do that!!!

i put my orders in at 14.30 on the dot.. thankfully missed that spike. thats why i want to put open positions as close to kick off as possible to avoid tedious spikes like that..

still, 6 hours of the day to go.....

lets see if i can avoid doing a Barnsley again!

FC

Careful

My team are playing Barnsley tomorrow and I wish we were in their league position!

JonnyT

Bonsai,

My Forex system took advantage of that spike and made $1062 per contract in around 10 minutes!!

JonnyT

Bonsai,

On no he didn't!!!

I've got a few losses I can utilise from 2 years ago, and a non working wife whose allowances I can use.

Almost worth getting married.

JonnyT

Notts County JT?? good god, nearly as bad as my boys (Sunderland)

but shhh, dont let TBS hear me!

FC

Nottinghams pretty glum at present with Forest also having a real tough season :eek:)

JonnyT

JT

trouble is these women are only worth something in january

once you have used up their allowance ..........

hang on tax year runs from April.
and you still haven't used up her allowance ?

(better back test that system again?)