Let JR back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rossored:
I don't think I'm over-reacting at all. I simply said something positive about someone who's left this site (for very debatable reasons), and absolutely nothing rude about anybody else. Yet, that positive comment was amended... Why? Isn't that taking censorship way too far?
In fact, it seems to me that the moderator that made the amendment is over-reacting way too much! Surely you must agree with that?

Trader333:
If a moderator modifies a post I have made then fair enough it is a part of using this site that I accept and if I dont like it then I can vote with my feet and leave. I cannot understand what all the fuss is being made about and we should just get back to talking about trading.

But that surely goes against the "nature"of this site...whatever happened to "free speech" - bearing in mind I was not abusing anyone at all. I come to this site very regularly, and contribute as well. I think I must have some rights to put my thoughts forward.

In case anyone has not picked up by now, one of the reasons I keep mentioning this is so that Sharky and Co. do take note. I think I do know who the moderator that amended my post is and I hope that by my harking on about this, the management accept that those responsible for this site (i.e. the moderators) should also behave responsibly and be willing to address any criticisms that MAY be aimed at them, rather than just amend or delete posts. Irresponsible behavior will only stimulate discussions such as those on this thread... Just so that peeps are made aware, I also know that the moderator I "refer" to has behaved this way many times before. I hope this post and thread will now bring about an improvement in his/her "moderating", and thereby sustain the incredibly high standard of this site, which is constantly growing in members. I still do not think this is a trivial matter. Hope the majority agree.

:D

DM. You have made your point . I have taken it on board. Like so many things in life, what is done is done. In general , people in authority cannot bow to the demands of subordinates or minorities. Hear what they have to say , by all means and make due consideration.

If it was noted on a thread (preferably automatically) where and when a post had been edited or deleted and by whom. then it would soon become clear whether there was undue censorship or not. This is done on some other BB's and the sky hasn't fallen - as far as I know.

Some moderators may prefer not to do that. I would consider it on a case by case basis.
Edited by ChartMan

My preference is to post a normal reply, thus leaving the original post intact. On the odd occaision, I have deleted expletives, where required. I can't speak for others.

Well said Chartman.
Moderating must be quite a chore at times especially when having to deal with crackpots etc.

dsmodi.
I dont think you are over reacting at all, To have posts deleted or edited without being given a reason would make anybody request an explanation.

wow guys, i can't believe yuo guys are still discussing this

let me tell yuo something, as an American, freedom of speach blah is a very important issue to me, as it is to most Americans

however, there are limits....

JR was posting some serious sh!t and accusations blah, and i fully understand the admins decision to remove it from the board

I've had several posts edited or deleted (my one about Posh Skank for example) but i never once pissed & moaned about it or asked for an explanation because it wasn't an important post/thread/blah and I fully realize that being a mod on a BB is a thankless task, just like being a baseball ump or a soccer referee

if Chartman or whoever has deleted or edited someone elses post about this JR debacle and it wasn't really warranted (and i'm not suggesting this is the case) then call it a screw-up and forget about it. Haven't yuo guys ever seen a good ump make a screw-up at a ball game? it doesn't mean the ump has a sinister agenda or is in on a fix (although i had my doubts about one of umps in the Yankees/Bosox game the other night, how the hell Pedro didn't get tossed after he flipped Zimmer, i'll never know) it means the ump made a bad call but, all in all, he's still a good ump and does a fine job. IMO the same applies to the mods on this board

so lighten up and move on!!!

that is all

- Car Key Boi

I think you'll agree that this particular thread has run its course. Therefore I'm closing this thread for new posts. However I'm keen to continue discussing a) site guidelines, b) proposed warning system and c) any related issues, but the place for this is the Feedback and not General Trading Chat. I shall start a new thread with this purpose in mind, and would welcome further contributions.

The new thread is:
http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6926

Status
Not open for further replies.