Let JR back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rognvald said:
In his short lived stay on the boards JR showed a good knowledge of probably the most important aspects of trading i.e. executions. risk and money management. He discoursed on this at a practical level - ie the nitty gritty of dealing with the issues that tend to plague traders.
I feel that he is a loss to the boards.
As an aside I have just noticed that the 2 votes that I had acquired and which were originally in a green box are now rather red shaded since my first response to the JR issue. Only certain people can alter these indicators on the site and as the number of actual votes is unchanged ...........??

Blind Pugh obviously came your way and put a black spot on your palm. Could be you are a marked man now.

Was it a one legged blind sea faring rabbit?

:eek: :cheesy:

Rognvald,

If your votes changed from all green to partly red it is because whoever originally gave you green may have changed their vote which they can do at any time. Also you have 3 votes not 2 and if anyone gives you less than 5 you will get some variation in colour

I would be very surprised if anyone had manipulated the votes as this serves no purpose at all and it is far easier to just give a bad vote than change the orignal.

Paul

Paul
:LOL:
I've always been a bit paranoid. I didn't know we could change our votes and so should perhaps recant.

There were only 2 when I posted.

"Sleep goes kindly among the mortals but, his brother, Death has a heart made of pitiless iron. When he takes hold of you, the world of light ceases to be"

I'll shut up at this point

Rognvald,

There are those who believe that death is just a transition to greater things and not an end to light or life.

Paul

I don't believe in re-incarnation.................. although I used to in a previous life.

Sharky/Moderators,

was the thread about Helen really deleted? Is this true? please tell....

Have to agree here and say that I thought it was a bit harsh banning JR - differing views on things are what make us what we are, and from having read the thread that resulted in his ban from start to finish ( seeing as I was the one who started the thread) the only thing I can see that resulted in his ban was his fairly sharp response to a post by CM (this post has now been deleted btw) and perhaps a similar response to a post from Mr.Charts.

Perhaps a direct warning via PM might have been more suitable on this occasion (maybe he got one, I dont know) but then who am I to argue.

Anyway, its still a great website.

No, I'm aware of that Sharky : I meant I had followed the thread in its entirety from the beginning and got to see all the posts pre-removal - however, I could see the "ban point" fast approaching :D It's not a criticism exacty, more an observation.

It seems as if any posts directed at certain moderators get ammended or deleted. If that's the case, then it can't be right, can it? And certainly goes against what was said by Sharky in one of his posts above.

Sharky;
(1) How can I see who all the moderator are? Is there a list anywhere?
(2) Can you perhaps do an internal investigation and find out who ammended my post and find out why? You know who my suspicions are with, so perhaps you can start there. An explanation would certainly be appreciated from that moderator, and not too much to expect. How can it be wrong to praise helen ?
(3) Nothing I write is directed personally against Sharky, who I think, we all will agree, does an exceptional job in running this website,a nd for that we are all grateful to him....

Dsmodi arent you overreacting a bit here? An "internal investigation"? Are you serious? :LOL: :LOL:

PS the people who are moderators have the word "moderator" under their avatar, like yours and mine say "senior member".

Sharky,
maybe you should have a warning system (i.e 3 official warnings resulting in a ban) to deter 'offensive' posts. The Poster(s) should be pm-ed or emailed to make them aware of what they have done wrong and the consequence.
That's my personal view anyway!.

The list of so-called "forum leaders" is available as a link on the main forums page or here: http://www.trade2win.co.uk/boards/showgroups.php - I'm not going to conduct an internal investigation, but grubs50 idea of a warning system is a good one, and one that I had planned on implementing if the need arose (which clearly it does).

As you can imagine, I'm busy getting the store ready for tomorrow's launch, but if there's time I'll also activate the new warning system which should make the moderators life a lot easier and also give members extra confidence that they are being treated fairly.

In addition guidelines on board usage will be published in the next couple of weeks, if anyone wishes to assist in the drafting of these guidelines they are more than welcome to email me.

Or what about an unmoderated room where steam can be let off, or is that a no-no?

Here's a suggestion that might improve things -...any offending post could be initially removed (not deleted) into a separate area. If a ban was the thinking, then the mod/Admin should announce that intent and ask people to check out the 'sin bin' thread to gather a vote from the members. This would still ensure that the worst offenders get booted, but it would ensure that the popular contriubutors remain. In effect, the moderators decisions would themselves be moderated! It would truly enable the board to be run for the majority of people, and not just the chosen few
Why not give this a shot?

I dont think this is a good idea and just adds to the workload of moderators. In my view standards should not be determined by the lowest common denominator which they clearly would be if we voted on whether a post should be banned or not. In similar circumstances I have seen to doing this the quality of the forum just degrades.

If a moderator modifies a post I have made then fair enough it is a part of using this site that I accept and if I dont like it then I can vote with my feet and leave. I cannot understand what all the fuss is being made about and we should just get back to talking about trading.

Paul

As a priority I support 100% Grubs50's proposal of a "warning system .. 3 official warnings resulting in a ban". Those warnings should be sent by PM.

It is wrong to ban anyone without a warning. Moderators are only human and the thing is that if you happen to really upset a moderator sooner or later he may well try and get shot of you. So there should be a system which both protects members, one, and two, helps to keep and promote lively bb's at T2W.

There are definitely cases where people should be banned and a warning system is not appropriate. In particular we have seen on 2 or 3 occasions on a Sunday morning every single thread with the same advert from a new T2W member. When banned they came back 2 weeks later and did the same again and then again 2 weeks after that and I would guess we are about due for another run of the same this coming weekend.

If they are given a warning it just gives them more time to post the rubbish that they post. So in these circumstances an immediate ban is the only option in my view.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.