Best Thread learning to read price action with p/f charts

Then flick to the bar chart to see if your trend analysis was right

Screenshot_21.png

lines can be placed at the top/bottom of trends
bullish support line/Uptrend
bearish resistance line/Downtrend

Next place any internal trendlines.These can be either 45deg or subjective
They must come from a reaction point in the trend.ie a pulback in an uptrend or a recoil in a downtrend

Screenshot_22.png

Yellow is an internal/ 45 deg

Just wanted to update this thread.
I got very frustrated having to run to the Bulls eye to analyse a chart.I messed about with Line and bar charts to see if i could adapt the p/f method to that form of charting,meaning i could use any charting software
I abandoned BEB some time ago as I couldn't get any support from the seller. I do like yr new approach and it makes a sort of sense...but the p&f I'm using is pretty much OK for me as it's on a platform I use to trade as well so I'm not deprived. I think the line/bar charts do enhance things but I'm not yet at a stage where I can "see" the raw timeless pa behind the chart. More hours and less distractions needed.

I abandoned BEB some time ago as I couldn't get any support from the seller. I do like yr new approach and it makes a sort of sense...but the p&f I'm using is pretty much OK for me as it's on a platform I use to trade as well so I'm not deprived. I think the line/bar charts do enhance things but I'm not yet at a stage where I can "see" the raw timeless pa behind the chart. More hours and less distractions needed.
One thing about p/f i did not particularly like was all the fiddling with box sizes and reversals

How do you determine what a 45 Degree line is on a time based chart? I would have thought it impossible. You could express gradient as points per hour for example but if you draw what looks like a 45 degree line and then stretch or shrink either axis, or indeed change time frame, it's no longer a 45 degree line! I'm confused.com

I never knew this thread existed btw, I will review it with interest - Thanks D :)

How do you determine what a 45 Degree line is on a time based chart? I would have thought it impossible. You could express gradient as points per hour for example but if you draw what looks like a 45 degree line and then stretch or shrink either axis, or indeed change time frame, it's no longer a 45 degree line! I'm confused.com
yeh, wot he sed! :)

The 45 degree lines are from the top/bottom or any other reaction point.They are a projection of the trend..no more and are usually nearly specific to that timeframe
Screenshot_37.png

The 45 degree lines are from the top/bottom or any other reaction point.They are a projection of the trend..no more and are usually nearly specific to that timeframe
View attachment 277592
I can understand that from a P&F perspective but I can't understand how that translates on a time based chart. Yes, you can draw a 45 degree line in ProRealTime but if you adjust either axis, it's no longer a 45 Degree line. And I understand that the purpose of drawing lines is to help determine who has control, it's just the 45 degree bit that has me baffled !

I can understand that from a P&F perspective but I can't understand how that translates on a time based chart. Yes, you can draw a 45 degree line in ProRealTime but if you adjust either axis, it's no longer a 45 Degree line. And I understand that the purpose of drawing lines is to help determine who has control, it's just the 45 degree bit that has me baffled !
Here lies the secret.

Screenshot_41.png