Leading Indicators as Opposed to Lagging Indicators

I am personally wary of most indicators but the other day I was looking around on'tinternet for a way to filter out bad trades during periods of consolidation or ranging action.

I found the so called Squeeze-Break indicator which can be downloaded for free at.....

http://codebase.mql4.com/5520

I have tried it for a couple of days and have had a good measure of success in using it.

This may of course just be coincidence but I was wondering if anyone else has used this and if so, what degree of success you are getting.

If anyone has played around with the settings and found an optimal situation, I would also be interested to hear about it.

Has much changed ?
I keep expecting technology to finally get to grips with this problem and in time I am sure it will.
In fact I have invested in neuroshell. Preliminary results look promising but far from certain. Adaptive Modeler is another high tech possibility.

P.S. Wonder if El Splitto is still alive and kicking after another 5 years ?

price action could be a leading indicator and the 20 ema can give some indication combined with it where price will be leading next.

All indicators of price lag price. Adaptive Modeller looks like a curve-fitting tool. Any other price action tools out there?

Of course there are "leading indicators " - but like any indicator - lagging or leading - they will never be 100% correct

For me with Forex trading - main leading indicators are divergence of oscillators - trendlines - S & R interim levels ( known in advance ) and my own favourite linear regression price structure off a tick or one min chart combined with time of the hour and session and day.

Are they accurate - yes over 65 -70% probability and even more if experienced and the market is being kind.

Price action on its own lags - yes its partly leading on a one min chart - but session price structure and time of hour out trump it ;-)

Good Trading

F