Lazy Trader

fxrookie24

Hi, I'm fairly new to trading (under a year) and keen to try and develop a trading style or edge. End of Day strategies are really what I'm after, something I can fit around other commitments. In my quest I've come across Rob Colville's 'The Lazy Trader', and Nail Fuller's 'Learn to Trade the Market'. Does anyone have an opinion on how they compare?
Any thoughts gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Gavin

no - forget them both.

go read/learn the 3 ducks thread on this forum & use the averages on monthly/weekly & daily to line the 3 ducks up with. wait for a pull back, aim & fire......you will need to learn PA, S&R though so dont think you are gonna get a free lunch.

or if you're as lazy (& sorry for casting aspersions but evidence is pointing that way) as 99.99% of newbies go buy some signals off of mr spreadbetting & the like & watch your capital erode.

PS: Can you tell me who created 3 ducks? seems like there are a few variants online

the OP...
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex/123288-3-ducks-trading-system.html

you may need to tweak the time frames eg try daily/3day/week as the 3 duck time frames vs daily/weekly/monthly.

you will need to look at quite a lot of markets to get reasonable number of trades per week. & you may also find that deviating from the method slightly but adding some more parameters elswhere will give you more setups.

when i traded eod i included most main commods, fx & equity indices.

beauty of following the trend is that it works on all.

I can see what you mean. People need to be proactive with learning and determining what strategy suits them/fits with their personality.

For example I only want to trade the daily or weekly charts so I can just set and forget my orders. I guess you can choose a "lazy style" of trading but you will need to be proactive in executing your strategy...

I do like the look of TheLazyTrader.com and Learntotradethemarket.com...I guess I'll try their free downloads first before signing up to either one.

By the way, Fiverr.com seems to have a load of freebies on there to do with trading although i don't trust that one!!

Hi, I'm fairly new to trading (under a year) and keen to try and develop a trading style or edge. End of Day strategies are really what I'm after, something I can fit around other commitments. In my quest I've come across Rob Colville's 'The Lazy Trader', and Nail Fuller's 'Learn to Trade the Market'. Does anyone have an opinion on how they compare?
Many thanks,
Gavin

Hi, I haven’t read either of these books but there are some decent books out there that give you an insight into trading based on your preferred trading strategy/style. If you are looking to day trade then you will unfortunately need to put the hours in as opportunities come and go very quickly. However if you are looking at a slightly longer term trading style then you wouldn’t need as much dedication especially if you put in stop loss and limit orders to limit losses and take profits at levels you are comfortable with.

Many thanks,
Gavin

I think I would be even more of a novice than you, I haven’t even heard of either of those! There are quite a few books out there that you can read; ‘The Naked Trader’ by Robbie Burns and High Performance Trading by Steve Ward are both good reads with all sorts of info in them. I only dabble myself and like you have other commitments that I need to consider, maybe have a look at Forex, you can trade it 24 hours a day so if you can only get to trade after work and after putting the kids to bed etc. then maybe Forex would be a good idea, there is always something going on.
Good luck with your on-going quest.