laptops YM Trades.

Stay in the trade and hold overnight...

Orignal Trade
Short 12265
Stop 55............................Moved Stop to 75
Target 70......................... Moved Target to 105

I think we could tank tomorrow :)

I got out at 12265....I have give the trade plenty of time to work, but its not going to plan. so I have decided to get flat at a breakeven trade

Data that came out today was friendly to the market, did not help the short view and with option and futures expires today, the market cold be all over the place..

Its a day trading market today...... I'm going to do a few short term plays, that is, holding from 3 mins to 30 mins

Next semi postion trade will be Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.

laptop1 said:
Data that came out today was friendly to the market, did not help the short view and with option and futures expires today, the market cold be all over the place..

Its a day trading market today...... I'm going to do a few short term plays, that is, holding from 3 mins to 30 mins

Next semi postion trade will be Monday. Have a good weekend everyone.

How is increasing inflation friendly?

karmit said:
How is increasing inflation friendly?

Inflation reading that was better than the market feared and as industrial production showed a stronger-than-expected increase.

I'm more of reading charts than fundamentals, but with option and futures expires today and the weekend, I want out plus I have an engagement tonight .........There be more trades like the ones I have give...

Did you make money on the news Karmit?

See you guys Monday last post today

laptop1 said:
I'm more of reading charts than fundamentals, but with option and futures expires today and the weekend, I want out plus I have an engagement tonight .........There be more trades like the ones I have give...

Did you make money on the news Karmit?

See you guys Monday last post today

yes.. thoroughly enjoying the bear market at the moment...

Interesting betting system.
I checked back to November and found that I would have made an extra 7.5% if I had used it.
However I didn't have 2 losers in a row, so If I had had then it would have been a not so nice story. I suppose I am stating the obvious in that you need a low % of consecutive losers to benefit from the system.

Pat494 said:
Interesting betting system.
I checked back to November and found that I would have made an extra 7.5% if I had used it.
However I didn't have 2 losers in a row, so If I had had then it would have been a not so nice story. I suppose I am stating the obvious in that you need a low % of consecutive losers to benefit from the system.

You should go back and test it over 12 a month period. How many wins vs losses you had since Nov?

I have 2 profitable set up that I take advantage of, based on Day Trades...However, the current method I use on this thread work nicely. The only advantage with the set up is big stops are needed.........My day trades, stops are much tighter.

laptop1 said:
You should go back and test it over 12 a month period. How many wins vs losses you had since Nov?

I have 2 profitable set up that I take advantage of, based on Day Trades...However, the current method I use on this thread work nicely. The only advantage with the set up is big stops are needed.........My day trades, stops are much tighter.

S&P
I only trade EOD on the close
I had 6 wins out of 9 = 67% wins
= + 82 points .
The b&h = +24.7 pts
I expect many did better but it was OK by me.
I enjoy your thread & learnt a bit from it too !!
Thanks

No Trades Today.

Live Trades to date so far
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-Even trade

12...£1 a point - 24 points = loss £24

13...£2 a point + 52 points = profit £ 104.00

14. Doubled up to £2 out at.Break-Even ..

15..£1 a point..........Break-Even ..Trade...........

Up £942.00 on 13 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £9420.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $117.750.00 trading a futures account

hi
what were you doing on 14 (doubled) when 13. was a profit ?
typing error ?

I checked back over the last year and would have done better with your betting system, but I did have a bad patch in July with 4 losses in a row, so I think I will stick to straight trades for the time being ! less stressful

Pat494 said:
hi
what were you doing on 14 (doubled) when 13. was a profit ?
typing error ?

I checked back over the last year and would have done better with your betting system, but I did have a bad patch in July with 4 losses in a row, so I think I will stick to straight trades for the time being ! less stressful

Hi Pat --- Trade 14 was a 2 part trade, first part at £1 a point was a long that went wrong,Laptop then doubled up at £2 a point lower down and went long again and total trade came out at break even.

klw said:
Hi Pat --- Trade 14 was a 2 part trade, first part at £1 a point was a long that went wrong,Laptop then doubled up at £2 a point lower down and went long again and total trade came out at break even.

Thx

Ho Dear, this trade is not going to plan..However, the purpose of this thread is to show one can place a trade with a stop and target and sit back...The trade is still running but I'm over dew for a loss :( .

If there was Volatility today I would have doubled up and sold some more,to try to get out at Even... But there was no chance of this today.