laptops YM Trades.

Are you looking at the same target or have you started to think along the lines of damage limitation now Laptop? Just following up really on your post yesterday in which you stated you would have looked to double up to get out at BE, would that still be the case if the market does not move in the next few hours prior to the volatility that will undoubtedly come with the Fed announcement later today?
Chris

Hi Chindl

Nothiing has real changed...The only time I try to use Volatility is to double up and get on at even if the market has gone against me...I dont alway use it...But tend to use it more on the ER2

But the this trade still stands. even if it take a few days or untill I see a new pattern...Maybe th Fed will help later.

I post an update later....

Got stopped out for a loss of 70 points, well, it was over dew, had a good run...My challange is to post 50 live calls on this thread, I dont want to start zooming in intrday, to get out of trades. I want 90% of these trades to hold till target or stop, which ever one is it first....Keep it simple so to speak

Live Trades to date so far
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-Even trade

12...£1 a point - 24 points = loss £24

13...£2 a point + 52 points = profit £ 104.00

14. Doubled up to £2 out at.Break-Even ..

15..£1 a point..........Break-Even ..Trade...........

16....£1 a point -70 points = loss £70

Up £872.00 on 16 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £8720.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $109.000 trading a futures account
......................................................................................................................................................................
Ok I have a sell at around 12450, However, dew to the big fast run up I'm going in early and short at tonight close at 12523...stop 90 Target 150 at 2 pound a point

Short 12523
Stop 80
Target 120

could you clarify the target and stop laptop? you've put two different levels in.
chris

chindl said:
could you clarify the target and stop laptop? you've put two different levels in.
chris
Hi Chris

Short 12523
Stop 80
Target 120

I should have changed it sorry...Still holding on...I though there would have been some give back today, lets hope the Nas will pull it down, its trading weak to the Dow and the Trans is weak at the moment, so should see some pull back from this level at 12550

The trouble with this method, looking for big swings is, the use of big stops. when looking for a move of 100+ points.

You can use 25 point stops, but if you done that today, you would have been stops out

Anyone got any view on STOPS...

I am still in the trade, the only reason being I have a big 90 point stop in place.…

That's the only concern I have that lets this method down....After 20 trades I will be post the same trades but with tighter stops and see how they go.

got any views?

laptop1 said:
The trouble with this method, looking for big swings is, the use of big stops. when looking for a move of 100+ points.

You can use 25 point stops, but if you done that today, you would have been stops out

I am still in the trade, the only reason being I have a big 90 point stop in place.…

That's the only concern I have that lets this method down....After 20 trades I will be post the same trades but with tighter stops and see how they go.

got any views?

Your record speaks for itself Laptop. Your system is working fine. If anyone can pick a top or a bottom it's you.

laptop1 said:

got any views?

FWIW
If one has the time to watch the market I would recommend use only trailing stops to lock in profit. However if it is probably going to go on going against you then bail out. The problem I found here is being like the "bunny in the headlights" and just watch it getting worse and worse without being able to pull out. Have confidence in one's forecast but dont freeze if its certainly wrong

I would love to double up here and sell more..at 12583 and I have..avg prce now 12553 at 4 pound a point...

Sold ..2 @ 12523
Sold ...2 @ 12583
Avr 12553...............

I will get out at 12553 for a break-even trade..we had a quick spike up and I have taken advantage of it, to sell more..these trades work about 85% of the time

Flat told you when there volatility take advantage of it....I only do this when prices moves fast one way..through experience it always gives me a chance to get out of a trade for a small loss or break-even. about 85% of the time

Now out at Break-even...

New trade..Order in to sell @ 12575

Stop 70
Target 100

Update the P&L Later tonight

Order filled to sell @ 12575

Short 12575
Stop 70
Target 100

Live Trades to date so far
1...£1 a point - 55 points = lose- £55.00

2..£2 a point + 107 points = profit £214.00.

3..£1 a point - 25 points = lose £25

4..£2 a point + 114 points = profit £228.00

5...£1 a point + 100 points = profit £100.00

6.. £1 a point + 110 points = profit £110

7..£1 a point + 40 points = profit £40

8..£1 a point + 78 points = profit + £78

9.. £1 a point - 8 points = loss -8

10..£2 a point + 60 points = profit £120

11..£1 a point + 60 points = profit £ 60

12..£1 a point..........Break-Even trade

13...£1 a point - 24 points = loss £24

14...£2 a point + 52 points = profit £ 104.00

15. Doubled up to £2 out at.Break-Even ..

16..£1 a point..........Break-Even ..Trade...........

17....£1 a point -70 points = loss £70

18..£2 Doubled up Break-Even ..Trade...........

19 Short £2 @ 12575..Trade running...

Up £872.00 on 18 trades so far. based on £1,00 point. you know the rules if the first trade goes down add another £1 to the next so on....If one was doing 10 pound a point you be up £8720.00.......if one was trading 25 lots you be up $109.000 trading a futures account

Last edited:
Very hard day to read the market today..The last half hour the Nasdaq sold off nicly, but the Dow ingnored it. However the Trans was strong..

To get a move, you would want them all to be in synch with each other. However, I'm still in the trade short @ 12575, Ok, wait till Monday and see what happens

Also, oil was strong all day....the signals was there for a sell off, but the market went side ways...So with that said. I will not be give it much room for Monday..

If it close on a 15 min chart in the yellow area and above the trend line. time to get flat.. and revese and go long

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...het.net&symbol=YMM7&duration=5d&frequency=15m