laptops YM Trades.

So Lappy you're not just an oil wizard....

A little surprise with small points considering the big swings today......... not knocking ....... honest
Any comments ?

Well Done by the way.......

laptop1 said:
Hi

I have been shorting today, but through day trades, "cant post day trades", I placed 2 nice shorts trades today, I will post up a chart later , made my money for today.

As for the long trade I am not bottom fishing, I was looking at a basic double bottom, nothing fancy, if you look at the open, we had a nice run up of 68 points, then a sell off, to test the S/R this is why I went long, but it dint work out, so I doubled up and bought more, to get out at break-even...Looking back it was the right trade to take, we now going up.

Today was hard to get prices right, I was writing a trade at the same time looking at price it was 12111 as I posted the market was 12092, to I deleted it to give an average price of 12103, if you look at the time stamp the market was trading at this time, I want to be close to the real market as I can, but when prices are moving fast, It can be up to 10 ticks out, However most of my trades are resting orders, that can rest in the market from 15mins to 2 hours. these be are easier to follow........This is the reason I cannot post live "day trades", unless we go in to a live chat room. but I'm not sure if I want to do this.…

I post a chart later on my last trade.
What you are saying then is that you have used your swing trade account for the last 2 days to scalp countertrend long?(ie...like a daytrade account.)
While your previous trades were quite impressive, this just doesn't make sense to me.

Hook Shot said:
So Lappy you're not just an oil wizard....

A little surprise with small points considering the big swings today......... not knocking ....... honest
Any comments ?

Well Done by the way.......
Hi Hook

I do trade Oil...You on about the Live call I made buying Crude Oil at $51.00.

As for today I made good money DAY TRADING. I did give a one Live call what I call a semi postion trade, but it didn't work out, I was a little early on the long trade today, buying at 12111 it went down some more, so I doubled up to avr the position and then got out at B/E....However I had a good day, Its not worth saying how much I won or how many points I made, because I didn't post live...From experience I here traders saying I made 100 points today, then made another 70 points on the way down, but they always say after the event. This is not my style, if I'm going to give a trade out, its will be a live call....So to answer you question I had a good :D

Hi laptop -- can't seem to find any reference to the pcml indicator on your ym chart you posted.Can you tell me what it measures ?

Keep up the good work.

klw said:
Hi laptop -- can't seem to find any reference to the pcml indicator on your ym chart you posted.Can you tell me what it measures ?

Keep up the good work.

sent you a PM

laptop1 said:
Hi Hook

I do trade Oil...You on about the Live call I made buying Crude Oil at $51.00.

As for today I made good money DAY TRADING. I did give a one Live call what I call a semi postion trade, but it didn't work out, I was a little early on the long trade today, buying at 12111 it went down some more, so I doubled up to avr the position and then got out at B/E....However I had a good day, Its not worth saying how much I won or how many points I made, because I didn't post live...From experience I here traders saying I made 100 points today, then made another 70 points on the way down, but they always say after the event. This is not my style, if I'm going to give a trade out, its will be a live call....So to answer you question I had a good :D

Cheers
Continued success to you :D
HS

Could add to the short here at around 12240...........This is what I do on pull backs.that is if you get a chance take it.

laptop1,

I cant get YMM7 or $5MUL to show up on prophet.net!

what am I doing wrong? whats teh code for the MiniDow you're trading?

thanks

trendie said:
laptop1,

I cant get YMM7 or $5MUL to show up on prophet.net!

what am I doing wrong? whats teh code for the MiniDow you're trading?

thanks

What package are you subscribed to with Prophet?

laptop1 said:
We had the pull back to 12265 and filled

Short 12265
Stop 55
Target 70

http://quote.prophet.net//applets/j...et.net&symbol=YMM7&duration=30d&frequency=30m

Hi laptop --- interested in your target price here of 12195 and the reason why you chose that price.

The dow will very often just drop below the hundred mark to take stops out and possibly reverse as you will already know but has been known to reverse just above the hundred level and catch traders unaware as you will also know. With that in mind would a target of between 12200 and 12205 been a better bet ?

As it happens the move reversed at 12207 which is a little more suprising again and my idea would have failed also but overall would you be more likely to reach target price with my suggestion ? As I watch the chart now we are frustratingly back up to opening price and flirting with the possibility of a loss now.

By the way I bow to your superior knowledge and trading capability so if you want to dismiss my suggestion feel free to do so :LOL: but as Tesco say " every little helps "

laptop1 said:
What package are you subscribed to with Prophet?

bog standard minimal - basic!
do I need to upgrade then?

aaahhh, I see it. Gold = RT futures.

do you recommend them (prophet.net)? are your brokers charting not sufficient?

EDIT: thansk roguetrader, but didnt work. I think I need the subscribed package for teh futures.

The Chart Stream section rather than the Java should do it Trendie, it is YMM07 but you won't get live without subscribing, it will be delayed 15 or so mins. You can also get free EOD on the YM without the stream in the Snap Charts area.
Hope this helps.
Chris

trendie said:
bog standard minimal - basic!
do I need to upgrade then?

aaahhh, I see it. Gold = RT futures.

do you recommend them (prophet.net)? are your brokers charting not sufficient?

EDIT: thansk roguetrader, but didnt work. I think I need the subscribed package for teh futures.
I use IQ Trader Platform for charts to zoom, when taking the sgnals, but for TA back veiw I like Prophet..you dont need fancy charts to make money, I have everything I want with them..on the Dow you can go back to 1901, if you wish..I recommend them

laptop1 said:
Could add to the short here at around 12240...........This is what I do on pull backs.that is if you get a chance take it.
laptop,

can we assume that you added to your short position, and if so, does that change your stop levels and profit targets?
good luck

chindl,

thanks -YMM07 does work on Chartstream. (I was using Javacharts)

Laptop - will your target remain in place for the last 20 of the session and will you carry if not hit?
Chris

klw said:
Hi laptop --- interested in your target price here of 12195 and the reason why you chose that price.

The dow will very often just drop below the hundred mark to take stops out and possibly reverse as you will already know but has been known to reverse just above the hundred level and catch traders unaware as you will also know. With that in mind would a target of between 12200 and 12205 been a better bet ?
"

I was looking to take todays low out, just off Target...I have patterns to get me out but I dont have the time to post every signal on an intraday basis

There was signal to get out at 12226,but left it run, knowing the market is still weak, Anyway, we are still in the trade making 14 points lol at the time of writing this to you.

rainman2 said:
laptop,

can we assume that you added to your short position, and if so, does that change your stop levels and profit targets?
good luck

I said it would be a good place to add to a short. However I did not say I added to the short..I said it be a good place to add and if you get a chance take it..But lets say I did take it, the stop would be reduced to half of the original stop. For ease of following I will keep it as simple as possible.....Trade 14, where I doubled up, I dont realy want to give calls like that, they are to fast and hard to follow...
95% of my trades on this thread are simple to follow, place an order and wait for a fill then place a stop and profit target...

chindl said:
Laptop - will your target remain in place for the last 20 of the session and will you carry if not hit?
Chris
Still in the trade from short at 12265..........Shall we get out at the close?? I decide in 15 mins

Last edited: