KISS Trend Trading

Ok, I'm done for this session... off for a swim

Will catch up with you later for WTI and AUDUSD/EURAUD.

Have a good morning.

That is why I am here to learn. I saw some divergence on the 30 min chart but it has to play out. SO for now it is 50%/50% to go up or down. And then I do not trade. And yes there is a 2% or around that number that it can go down.

Why do you think it is good? what indicators, patterns, support and so on are you looking at.

Also I would like to know the following
- how many trades did you do
- % of winners (win ratio)
- % of losers
- Payoff Ratio (3:1,2:1,..)

you can also send it private if you want
I also have all these figures for this year.

What do you think about the EURUSD?
I see that the price is at a fibo line and trying to go through.
So at this point for me it is not to say down of up.

Also I want to write down the method to trade trending stocks. I traded mostly metals like platinum, and bought only after a dip (rule 1) when the MA's where pointing up or flat (rule 2) , the price was above the MA 10 (rule 3) , and there was at least one price bar above the MA10 (rule 4).
J

I like the simple approach jantje and am doing something similar with indices. I had originally planned to take trades only with the prevailing trend, entering on pull-backs, and only when the exit from the pull-back also gave a trend continuation pattern.

However, my backtesting clearly showed that if I only took with-trend trades, I would struggle to break even and would do very much better if I ignored established trend. I was surprised by this but the charts suggested that the reward from getting into a reversal right at the turning point was much greater than the risk from getting into a counter-trend trade. The stop would remain the same in both cases of course, but the reward is asymmetrical and potentially very much greater. You may wish to review whether you really need to go with an established trend.

Hi, Just got back and I'm now long USDCHF at 1.0580 with a stop at 1.0535 (2% risk)

Stop to BE on WTI with a target of 10% growth.

Have to pop out for a while. Will reply to the above comments a little later.

Have a good afternoon.

Alphamarkets

What do you think about the EURUSD?
I see that the price is at a fibo line and trying to go through.
So at this point for me it is not to say down of up.

I don't use fibs on their own.. Will discuss teh strategy a little later :)

I like the simple approach jantje and am doing something similar with indices. I had originally planned to take trades only with the prevailing trend, entering on pull-backs, and only when the exit from the pull-back also gave a trend continuation pattern.

.... reward from getting into a reversal right at the turning point was much greater than the risk from getting into a counter-trend trade. The stop would remain the same in both cases of course, but the reward is asymmetrical and potentially very much greater. You may wish to review whether you really need to go with an established trend.

Yes simple is better, I do not want to use a lot of indicators, just a few solid method.

And no I do not only trend trade. I used platinum because I liked that. I traded that until it reversed down and just wait for it to pick up its path again.

I also have dug into trading reversals like the EURUSD that topped in januari and went down from 1.51. That also can make a lot of money.

I have a nice setup to trade but it does not happen often.

What is your plan to trade a reversal? so what setup do you require, when do you get in and so on?

I recently traded the XHB a bit down from around 16 to the first support, then kicked it out with a profit. That was trending down

gr

you are pretty much shorting eurusd by doing this. though i think eurusd is in for quite a big pullback, beyond its previous low imo

i know what you're saying and i think that most of the time, but EURCHF has been its own animal of recent. It's holding up. Just waiting for it to pull back to the chart trend line and hopefully smash up between 8am-12pm GMT I think EURUSD is limited to the upside. EURUSD shouldnt be up here.

Attachments

• USDCHF.png
    USDCHF.png
    110 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
i know what you're saying and i think that most of the time, but EURCHF has been its own animal of recent. It's holding up. Just waiting for it to pull back to the chart trend line and hopefully smash up between 8am-12pm GMT I think EURUSD is limited to the upside. EURUSD shouldnt be up here.

I am just waiting to go long or short on the EURUSD. To dangerous right now. Hope it will come down a bit and after that maybe back up.

Yes simple is better, I do not want to use a lot of indicators, just a few solid method.

What is your plan to trade a reversal? so what setup do you require, when do you get in and so on?

I don't trust any indicators, but they make nice shapes on my PC screen. If price action says go long, I would go long, even if the market is 100% overbought.

My plan to trade a reversal using my simplest entry method based on MA is the same as for a with-trend entry. That is because its impossible to see which is the reversal (with many points potential) until it has already started. The rules for this system, I call it 2C14X, are simple (reverse this for shorts) - 1. look for first close above 14EMA: 2. go long at next day's close if also above 14EMA: 3. set stop at low of first day : 4. set target at first close which is in the money which is back below the 14EMA.

I know this is a stupid system. At first I planned to only enter long on the day 2 close if both days were really positive candlestick patterns, and the second close was higher than the first etc. etc. but this did not predict the really powerful reversals and kept me out of them. So if you run this system, and ignore trend and take all trades, it is very successful. Backtest it across major indices and see: I have not tested it on 24hr markets.

USDCHF has broke the trend line, but i think will run into decent support around here. If we see renewed dollar weakness. I may consider closing. Recently swing lows mapped as 1.0395, 1.0460 and 1.0518. A difference of roughly 60 points. Maybe inclined to move my stop up to 1.0510. Stopped out.

Last edited:
I don't trust any indicators, but they make nice shapes on my PC screen. If price action says go long, I would go long, even if the market is 100% overbought.

My plan to trade a reversal using my simplest entry method based on MA is the same as for a with-trend entry. That is because its impossible to see which is the reversal (with many points potential) until it has already started. The rules for this system, I call it 2C14X, are simple (reverse this for shorts) - 1. look for first close above 14EMA: 2. go long at next day's close if also above 14EMA: 3. set stop at low of first day : 4. set target at first close which is in the money which is back below the 14EMA.

Well stupid? Sometimes something easy is just what you need. I traded platinum for almost a year taking a trade every 2 months or so. And only one time I had a small loss. I was using the MA10, MA20, and that worked well. So no other indicators, and also like you I would like at least one close above the MA lines and only when these were flat or pointing up. I was only doing longs. With leverage I went from 20% till 129% profit. The latter with keeping my emotions under control and staying longer in the trade and dumping half of my position when prices would hit some support.

Now I found also an improvement for platinum. You can check it out yourself if you want. Open the platinum chart. Then go to the weekly view. And then zoom out so you can see about 5 years. And then look at each year and compare to other years. So what nice thing do you see that can save you money/make you money?

regards

J

With respect, I disagree; the 30 minute chart looks great . I think that there is support below but should it make a move lower to 1.4420, that's fine because I'll be averaged in at a lower price and then looking for a break of todays high.

As always, time will tell.
Ofcourse, if I'm wrong, I'll get stopped for -2%. That's what stops are for :)

Regards,
Alphamarkets

Well it worked out as I said, it went lower towards my preferred price of 1.442 (not yet there) :)

About the EURSEK, I am following this a while now, this has got to turn around in the next few days or weeks (more chance of this). What do you think?

It is around the lowest price since august 2008