KISS Trend Trading

alphamarkets

Hi,

I'd like to take a moment to say hello and welcome you to my thread. I'll be posting my market analysis, trade ideas and money management methods on this thread so hopefully it will be of benefit to those that are new to trading or would just like a different perspective.

Speak soon.

Alphamarkets

Hello

I am currently working on a new trading plan and could use some help. I did a lot of analyzing, studying and so on, and I want to put this info in my new plan

so entries, exits, selecting the stocks, metals and so on to trade
money management

I looked up a lot of info and tried out different stuff so I could use some help putting it all together

greetz

Hi,

I'd like to take a moment to say hello and welcome you to my thread. I'll be posting my market analysis, trade ideas and money management methods on this thread so hopefully it will be of benefit to those that are new to trading or would just like a different perspective.

Speak soon.

Alphamarkets

Ok so what indicators and settings do we use?

Firstly the trading strategy that I have developed uses one timeframe - 30 minute charts.

It enables me to do all my analysis on one chart with multiple timeframe indicators (can't stand flicking through different tf's)

I use a multitude of indicators including moving averages, pivots, stochastic and Fib Pivots to determine an entry and exit levels. I'll discuss each one in a seperate post.

The single most important aspect which gives me an edge is Money Management. Simple yet concise and very effective. Again, we can talk about that at a later stage.

Moving Averages

So Moving Averages on the 30 minute chart - 10, 40 & 160. These represent the 4hr 20, 1hr 20 and 15 minute 20 MA's.

I'm looking for the cross of the 40 & 160 to give me a fresh trade direction. This is stage one of the trade setup. (Did I say it was simple?)

Speak soon,

Alphamarkets

Hi Jantje,

Sure, I'd be more than happy to help. What are you working on at the moment?

Regards,

Alphamarkets

Currently I am writing a totally new plan with all my experience I have build up.

First of all I have studied a lot about Money Management so I have all my trades in a spread sheet, with equity, with win/loss, profit per month, and so on. I wanted to analyze and study them to improve my trading. So the trade log was a good start to give me an impression of how I am doing.

Now I was focusing on the ROC and MACD divergence. I found out that (when you know a bit of Elliot Wave) that between the wave 4 and 5 there mostly is a divergence on the ROC/MACD. So I am writing down this method (setup, trigger, follow through), and also try to look at some extra indicators like stochastics to improve the win ratio with this method.

Also I want to write down the method to trade trending stocks. I traded mostly metals like platinum, and bought only after a dip (rule 1) when the MA's where pointing up or flat (rule 2) , the price was above the MA 10 (rule 3) , and there was at least one price bar above the MA10 (rule 4).

For me this was a easy metal to trade. But a lot of other stocks or futures do not trade so nicely so to get in those is a bit difficult for me at the moment. Look at sugar, it goes straight up, stochatics overbought, so where to buy to give you an example.

regards

J

Morning all,

Looking for continued AUD weakness. AUDUSD for a possible short later this today after a consilidation and a possible long EURAUD at 1.4470 with a 30 pip stop. Will be clearer as we approach this support level.

Cable & EU are limited as we have no entries at this level.

Speak soon.

Alpha Markets

looks like EURAUD is supported off the 1.4505 level for now. Still looking for a better entry level as mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Alphamarkets

I see a divergence in AUDUSD pointing down, so looks like it that it will go down the next few days. The trigger has to fire yet. Only problem is that there is a support level near where it can bounce back so for a short it will probably will be a very short one. When the support is almost reached, dump 1/2 of your position and wait if it will go through.

Agreed AUDUSD does look top heavy here. Waiting for a short setup but at the moment I think EURAUD isa better option.

Well for the EURAUD we have bounce of 38.2 fibo
one candle in the black yesterday, short term trend is up
stochastics are just turning up
also macd want to go back up
we see a red candle today
a possible long

Well on the 30min chart it doesn't look to good
looks that it first want to go down a bit
there was a big spike of 0.83 % yesterday (late)
indicators on the 30 min chart point down in my opinion
so I only would buy a bit closer round 1.442
I try to minimize risk

With respect, I disagree; the 30 minute chart looks great . I think that there is support below but should it make a move lower to 1.4420, that's fine because I'll be averaged in at a lower price and then looking for a break of todays high.

As always, time will tell.

Ofcourse, if I'm wrong, I'll get stopped for -2%. That's what stops are for :)

Regards,

Alphamarkets