Key Economic Data

mik1973

I'm in the process of collecting dates of key economic releases in order to try and understand its impact on the Forex market. I've found the briefing.com site an excellent source of information for providing release dates for US data (it also provides an explanation as well as grades the information from A-F).
Does anyone know of a similar site which will provide this type of information for news from the UK and EU?
I noticed today that there was quite a significant move in the £/USD as well as EUR/USD at around 9.30. The economic data released at that time was PMI manufacturing and consumer credit and mortgages- could someone let me know what the PMI is and if these releases were responsible for the move at that particular time.
Cheers.
Mick

Economic Calendar

As an entry point Yahoo offers an economic calendar, they do better on US data obviously!

mik1973 said:
I'm in the process of collecting dates of key economic releases in order to try and understand its impact on the Forex market. I've found the briefing.com site an excellent source of information for providing release dates for US data (it also provides an explanation as well as grades the information from A-F).
Does anyone know of a similar site which will provide this type of information for news from the UK and EU?
I noticed today that there was quite a significant move in the £/USD as well as EUR/USD at around 9.30. The economic data released at that time was PMI manufacturing and consumer credit and mortgages- could someone let me know what the PMI is and if these releases were responsible for the move at that particular time.
Cheers.
Mick

pmi=purchasing managers index.

responsible for fx move?...... probably, since it came in at 55 and particular mention was made of "strength of new business from the US". However, I don't trade FX and PMI (US) isn't a report that I would normally trade off. US wise, PPI, CPI and employment numbers (obviously) are the ones I keep an eye on but everyone has their favourites, I'm sure...;).

I'm sure there are literally shed loads of reference sites for global economic reports, but just to start you off, have a look at:

http://www.ntc-research.com