Key economic dates, Help Please

robber

Apologies, I know this question MUST have been asked before; Does anyone have a link to a site which lists the dates of major economic news that is likely to effect Forex markets. I can find lists of all announcement dates but am struggling to extract the ones that are particularly relevant to FOREX markets.

thanks in advance

Neil

thanks all, some useful info there. All very useful but how do I find out which are the SIGNIFICANT announcements?

Neil

the link which Tileman posted will highlight BOLD caps against the (considered) major releases for the day!

Rate meetings (FOMC & BOE)......Non - Farms.....Greenspan rambling on & on & on.....Inflation Reports are the biggies which can throw a spanner in the works........

as a safeguard - expect the unexpected as far as the news releases go, that way you won't get caught in the backdraft ;)

Robber,
Try briefing.com- provides a comprehensive guide to economic dates and allocates a grading sytem (A- F) of importance .
HTH

Mick

Originally posted by mik1973 -
Robber,
Try briefing.com- provides a comprehensive guide to economic dates and allocates a grading sytem (A- F) of importance .
HTH

Mick1973

Hi mik

are you able to post a direct link to the www.briefing.com information that you refer to? as i had a look at the website and couldn't find it.

Is this info available for free or via a subscription service?

And is the grading system an up to date rating of each upcoming announcement week by week, or does it just give a general picture?

Cheers

jtrader.

jtrader,
Go to briefing.com- double click on the release you are interested in- this will tell you in detail about the data- then (on the right)- double click more about this release- that will then provide the relevant grade.

Cheers,
Mick

Thanks mik1973 - the information on briefing.com is very handy. :)

Last edited:
I presume reason for Eur/USd volatility at 15.00 today was US Home Sales (Aug) .
Not all calendars seem to list this so I guess you need to follow a few different sources?

Weekends are days set aside for frivloity, relaxation and amusment.
But these are days also on which calendars should be consulted, to plan the week ahead and not be taken by surprise.

SOCRATES said:
Weekends are days set aside for frivloity, relaxation and amusment.
But these are days also on which calendars should be consulted, to plan the week ahead and not be taken by surprise.

Quite so.