Economic releases for backtesting

wasp

Legendary member
Hi all,

I'm backtesting a system for trading the GBP/USD market and require details for prior US economic releases to test how they tie in with big movements and decifer which were, and are most relevant.

Does anyone know of such a site with this information and/or specific releases which have great effect on the spot cable market?

Any help, greatly appreciated

chris

Cheers Jim,

After reading the thread I'm starting to understand the amount that might nee to go into this. I've found a couple of things but the list is quite exhaustive.

Just want to work out the most important ones to hang around for so as not to dissapear to the golf course to come back the next day and discover I've missed a large move.

Chris

First Friday in every month at 13:30 is the biggy. The Non Farm Payrolls in the States.

This moves the currencies more than any other data release here or in the States.

JonnyT

Cheers guys,

When backtesting I've usually only found about four days in each month that have large moves after 3 (GMT). As much as the desire for not working past this hour grabs me, I'm not a fan of missing decent chunks of possible profit!!

I'm not too fussed on what the data is and its actual results as I trade EMA crossovers so I just follow them. Just trying to decifer which reports are worth waiting for and which days I can safely turn of the computer and not worry about missing anything!.

Any other real major ones other than the Non Farm Payrolls?

Chris