Junior Night Fever Traders

marketmakers

I know this a broad question to ask and a big shot in the dark. But a

Leading hedge fund managing $9.7 billion in a range of top performing funds spanning equities, global currency, fixed income, interest rate and commodity markets. We are looking for a Junior Trader to work closely with the Asian Traders. This is a diverse role covering all Far Eastern, Asia Pacific and Australian futures markets as well as Foreign Exchange. The role involves working 75% of the year on the Asian shift (nights), and 25% on the day shift. Demonstrate the ability to understand and work competently with computers. Some knowledge about Foreign Exchange.

I have Junior Trainee Bond Derivatives experience and I was wondering if anybody out there could help me prepare for this interview. I only use FX to calculate my p&l from euro to sterling, any useful techniques or want types of questions a night trader may ask? I have also researched the company toughly but cannot find the type of instruments they trade in? How would I learn about the just the basics of FX markets?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Marketmakers

marketmakers said:

Leading hedge fund managing $9.7 billion in a range of top performing funds spanning equities, global currency, fixed income, interest rate and commodity markets. We are looking for a Junior Trader to work closely with the Asian Traders. This is a diverse role covering all Far Eastern, Asia Pacific and Australian futures markets as well as Foreign Exchange. The role involves working 75% of the year on the Asian shift (nights), and 25% on the day shift. Demonstrate the ability to understand and work competently with computers. Some knowledge about Foreign Exchange.

I have Junior Trainee Bond Derivatives experience and I was wondering if anybody out there could help me prepare for this interview. I only use FX to calculate my p&l from euro to sterling, any useful techniques or want types of questions a night trader may ask? I have also researched the company toughly but cannot find the type of instruments they trade in? How would I learn about the just the basics of FX markets?

Marketmakers

Hi I had an interview for a similar job sometime ago and assume it maybe the same hedgefund. My interviewer didnt go into much detail apart from questions on my previous experience and what I think the role will entail and weather these hours suited me or was I going to leave fter a few months.

What company is your interview with.

hz125 said:
Hi I had an interview for a similar job sometime ago and assume it maybe the same hedgefund. My interviewer didnt go into much detail apart from questions on my previous experience and what I think the role will entail and weather these hours suited me or was I going to leave fter a few months.

What company is your interview with.

Aspect Capital?

Mine was with another fund dupont I have also applied to aspect awaiting a reply what was the interview like.

marketmakers said:

Marketmakers

Learn the basics by looking on the net and reading books..............!!!! if you need help on this give me a shout as I can show you how to use google and open books.....

Best of luck