journal of trader formally known as wasp

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Simple Life...

I think I may have said it before, your journal is not only an enjoyable read but also a pretty good place for folks new to the combat that is trading, to hang out in & think about what really matters when hauling up a technical chart.

Wrapping a tight, extremely visible & well tested set up or two around support-resistance zones will always make ones life a little simpler & hopefully, uncomplicated.

To be honest, 1 decent set up will do it.

Identifying & recognizing the important s&r zones which come into play, whilst waiting patiently for your set-up(s) to trigger, is obviously paying you handsome dividends.

Sure, they don't all return a positive dollar ticket, & that will be for any number of reasons. But I'd sure as hell prefer to do my regular business in & around those zones of s&r (supply-demand) than slug it out in no-mans land with all the other hotshots & hustlers.

Good to see you've found your balance & it's keeping you honest ;)

Give me a K.....

Attachments

• euro.gif
    euro.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 377
Whats your plans for it mon? You looking to fold what you hold or planning selling it?

Not even trading it! Too busy with the Yens and kiwis lately, not paid it much mind....

If I was, I'd be watching the lower S/R and the higher S/R, expecting a bit of an ease off for the short term but wouldn't be in right now. I'd be looking for LrL and LrH though with bias to the South...

Too busy with the Yens and kiwis lately!

Very true. Whats the point in battling trend! (note to self here!). Some right old shorts out there atm. :)

tests.

Attachments

• chfjpy.gif
    chfjpy.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 242
  • eurjpy.gif
    eurjpy.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 233
  • eurnzd.gif
    eurnzd.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 211
  • eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 209
  • nzdusd.gif
    nzdusd.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 178
  • nzdjpy.gif
    nzdjpy.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 181
  • gbpusd.gif
    gbpusd.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 201
  • gbpjpy.gif
    gbpjpy.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 188
  • usdjpy.gif
    usdjpy.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 188
  • usdnok.gif
    usdnok.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 211
Thanks For The Great Read

Hey Wasp,

I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for your journal. It is a great read and fantastic to see your journey into consistency. For many out there in the struggle to remain consistent, myself included, it provides an excellent avenue for learning and what it takes. Great work mate and although once reaching the point you are at in your trading, keep up the posts as they do provide many with some valuable information.

Regards,

Jay

volatility records

Attachments

• vol ej.gif
    vol ej.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 238
  • vol eu.gif
    vol eu.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 205
  • vol gu.gif
    vol gu.gif
    29 KB · Views: 195
  • dead.gif
    dead.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 225
Just picked the first one out... interesting how the same principles follow so very nicely.

Nice clean moves between the pauses. Then retracement after breakout, test and re-test of support.
Another test may follow, but back to the highs is more likely imo. Consolidation as a pause for continuation.

Only difference between my trading is that I wouldn't have the patience to wait for days... hours is bad enough :)

Attachments

• sr.GIF
    sr.GIF
    29.8 KB · Views: 212
Just picked the first one out... interesting how the same principles follow so very nicely.

Nice clean moves between the pauses. Then retracement after breakout, test and re-test of support.
Another test may follow, but back to the highs is more likely imo. Consolidation as a pause for continuation.

Only difference between my trading is that I wouldn't have the patience to wait for days... hours is bad enough :)

Very true but fortunately I don't trade this scale, much smaller TF's but easier to see the volatility and movement size this way.

Always the one you didn't trade

:mad:

Bollox, that'll teach me for being thin skinned and overtly cautious after a bad run...... Cable and Euro gorgeous today!

Attachments

• sod.gif
    sod.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
George Soros is short EURJPY, apparently. Wonder if George still got it.:)

"[EUR/JPY] Recent EUR/JPY trading: Traders hearing rumors that George Soros has started selling EUR/JPY over recent sessions - sources"

George Soros is short EURJPY, apparently. Wonder if George still got it.:)

I'm short EURJPY too, gonna have to be a huge move for me to catch up with his wealth though! :LOL:

That last chart was cable BTW.

Looks like we didn't go back to the highs, but went lower to test support again.
Right wasp? (not following this instrument actively)

Attachments

• eurjpy.GIF
    eurjpy.GIF
    30.2 KB · Views: 206
Looks like we didn't go back to the highs, but went lower to test support again.
Right wasp? (not following this instrument actively)

You're not wrong......... :whistling

I didn't think about the future, as Garth said to Wayne, ''live in the now...'', but extended it in case you/anyone fancied a shot at it!

Attachments

• ej.gif
    ej.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 225
Status
Not open for further replies.