Best Thread Joke of the day

Found it in under a second - sorry Socrates ;-))
The reasons are more interesting than the shortness of the times, I suspect.
I assumed before clicking to enlarge that people took longer because they probably scanned the image, didn't see Starbucks Head In There and then methodically searched. Most people do that top left to right, down a "row" and so on till they find the hidden item.
I don't.
I start bottom left and move to the right....so I found it immediately.
What is also interesting is that we have Socrates and boy with widely differing times.
Now I happen to know for a fact that both are extremely capable traders, (no blushing, guys), so either they trade completely differently, (which they indeed do), or finding Starbucks Head In There is pure method, or it is pure luck, or it is totally irrelevant, or several other things.
A thought about life and the counter-intuitive nature of trading - that those who stay within the box have limited horizons, those that look outside it or from a different angle, see what others do not.........that is a distinct advantage to those who remain objective.
Off to the garden to sip a cappuccino in the gentle sun kissed breeze of floating golden leaves.
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
Found it in under a second - sorry Socrates ;-))
The reasons are more interesting than the shortness of the times, I suspect.
I assumed before clicking to enlarge that people took longer because they probably scanned the image, didn't see Starbucks Head In There and then methodically searched. Most people do that top left to right, down a "row" and so on till they find the hidden item.
I don't.
I start bottom left and move to the right....so I found it immediately.
What is also interesting is that we have Socrates and boy with widely differing times.
Now I happen to know for a fact that both are extremely capable traders, (no blushing, guys), so either they trade completely differently, (which they indeed do), or finding Starbucks Head In There is pure method, or it is pure luck, or it is totally irrelevant, or several other things.
A thought about life and the counter-intuitive nature of trading - that those who stay within the box have limited horizons, those that look outside it or from a different angle, see what others do not.........that is a distinct advantage to those who remain objective.
Off to the garden to sip a cappuccino in the gentle sun kissed breeze of floating golden leaves.
Richard
Trust you to be the only one to spot it and I have mixed feelings about it .

On the one hand I am gratified. On the other hand I feel frustration because you go on to explain how you view. I was very interested to see if this excercise would bring to the surface exceptional individuals with special biomind faculties. That possibility is now ruined, never mind.

The next time an opportunity arises I shall PM you in advance to prevent you from what is in obviously good intent, inadvertently ruining an important group experiment.

hmm, heres what I did i enlarged the pic, didnt use a stop watch ,didnt focus on detail i started top leftish looking (with hindsight at about 25%) of zone top down. eyeballs not focusing on detail counted scans or eyeball shifts across the whole image, left, right,left, rig....... on the fourth shift my brain kicked in and said go back somethings odd....... focus..... back to 3 and thats when i focused. Just been snoozing on the couch, dont know if thats what figured in the delay or whether my eyes moved quicker than my brain processor or combo..... all over by the count of 4 though..

Sorry, Socrates.
However, I seriously doubt if anyone else would have taken this on another step anyway:
one, they would have been ridiculed,
two, it's a joke thread so they would deem development inappropriate,
three, how many would regard this little exercise as anything other than passing amusement?

Just as has been demonstrated in some posts already, people see whatever they wish to find and see...."and disregard the rest".

"And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the sound of silence"

How I wish I had the creative talent to write words like that!
Richard

I've just waded through the last 10 pages and can't find the original message about spotting the man or the starbucks head. Is this a url we go to?
Thanks,
JO

Mr Charts now that seems a bit closed off......... your points sir...

point 1. is that a strong enough, IS there a strong enough reason to cause prevention? isn't it just choice?

point 2. yes, but maybe some are beyond tags. (children offer lessons without being tagged teacher? should we ignore the lesson?)

point 3. how many wouldn't ?

And creative words........you could be that........

Latest...

A golfer buys six new golf balls. He decides to travel to his golf course by tube and puts three balls in each trouser pocket. Whilst seated, he finds these a little uncomfortable, and makes the requisite adjustment with his hands. Seeing that the lady sitting opposite is finding it difficult to take her eyes off him, he says, by way of explanation, "golf balls...." ..."Ah ! " Says the lady sympathetically "Is that like tennis elbow ?".

LION63 said:
Dear Socrates,
I need your help. You are a pure genious. (1.2 seconds)

Kriesau,
I take my hat off to you. (5 - 6 seconds)

Rog1111,
You seem to have stolen most of the matter in my head. (7 seconds)

Boy and Trendie,
What can I say? (20 seconds)

Does one presume that there was an error in the original text from BOY?:
".... if you find the man in 3 seconds that your Right half of your brain is less developed than most people. If you find the man between 3 seconds and one minute, then your right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between one minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and You need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes your right half of your brain is a mess"
I presume that it should have said MORE developed in the first line.
Everyone seems to be delighted to have a less developed right side!!!!
Is this more significant than looking at coffee beans?
:rolleyes:

ale said:
".... if you find the man in 3 seconds that your Right half of your brain is less developed than most people. If you find the man between 3 seconds and one minute, then your right half of the brain is developed normally. If you find the man between one minute and 3 minutes, then the right half of your brain is functioning slowly and You need to eat more protein. If you have not found the man after 3 minutes your right half of your brain is a mess"

Tee hee....... ;)

boy said:
Tee hee....... ;)
LOL :LOL:

"There is a very fine line dividing sense from nonsense" and old Albert - aka Socrates - just stepped right over it. He even programmed and alarmed his "split second stopwatch" to try and show how smart he was :eek:

"No fool like an old fool" - right Albert :cheesy: :cheesy:

ale said:
I will tell you what is significant.

The significant bit is to be able to recognise and identify an anomaly, which in this case is a hidden image, in a nonosecond.

This is particularly valuable when snap looking at data in rapid sequence, which is not dissimilar to card counting.

I am not surprised that there is only one other member who can do this, and I am not surprised that the majority of you do not understand the significance of this faculty.

Now you can carry on laughing among yourselves.

.Interesting....as other people have also noted, my first thought was that I should scan the whole image looking for a large face made up of many beans, then a quick magic eye attempt, then finally switched to looking at micro details in the same way that one would speed read a book (not actually "looking" at the individual words, but letting the brain "scan" them) and then bingo, obvious. Mr Charts was correct about scanning left to right but I started in the middle of the left side. All FWIW !

rog1111

SOCRATES said:
I will tell you what is significant.

The significant bit is to be able to recognise and identify an anomaly, which in this case is a hidden image, in a nonosecond.

This is particularly valuable when snap looking at data in rapid sequence, which is not dissimilar to card counting.

I am not surprised that there is only one other member who can do this, and I am not surprised that the majority of you do not understand the significance of this faculty.

Now you can carry on laughing among yourselves.
LOL: "nonosecond" I think that you probably mean 'nanosecond' Albert :rolleyes: !

Now you claim to have been able to recognise and identify the hidden image in a nanosecond ! Do you know what a nanosecond is ???

A nanosecond is one billionth of a second - that timeframe is less than a blink of an eye. You are therefore claiming that you were able to identify the hidden image in a timeframe that was less than a blink of an eye.

Now Albert you should remember that "there is a very fine line dividing sense from nonsense" and you've crossed it once again, you old fibber ! :cheesy:

You can therefore be assured that we will "carry on laughing" among ourselves for a very long time
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I found the man's seated friend very quickly, then took another 10 secs or so to spot the intended man. D'oh. :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 217
frugi said:
I found the man's seated friend very quickly, then took another 10 secs or so to spot the intended man. D'oh. :)

Frugi lad, I dont thinks there is another geezer, your suffering from the sick chartist ailment 'analysis paralysis' perhaps :eek:

Just surprised none of you saw the exceedingly small but painful looking pimple on the guys left earlobe..attention to detail at all times ! ...LOL