John Bartlett CD course

mik1973

Anyone purchased the John Bartlett course on Spread Betting? Would apprecaite any comments regarding the quality and content.

Cheers

Mick

I don't know it per se but I know he rallies against the get rich quick scam merchants like darren Winters and Vince Stanzione so I'd guess it would be pretty solid information, musch like the other good vendors that post here on the board.

For those who may be interested in John's CD courses and workshops I have posted a review.
In my opinion excellent value for beginners :D

Not really aimed at the more advanced trader but in my opinion if you are just starting out John will help you to move on to the next level.

does anyone know of any courses where by you can attend for a week or so, or what ever, and actually be trained trading skills?

Mr Charts & Naz (both available on this site) do one-on-one course for a day with individual traders. I believe they match their training programme with your trading skills and experience level.

John Bartlett.
I haven't watched his CD course, but have been on a training day with him (Spread Betting) some time ago, which I believe the course is based on. If you are a beginner (not intermediate), then you will find his course easy to understand and informative, he like to talk plainly, in language ordinary people understand, and is a pleasant person to be around. I would be happy to recommend it to anyone who is thinking about spreadbetting, but not sure what it is all about or what to do.

If on the other hand, you are looking for some better trading techniques, then his course is not for you. He plainly explains that it is for beginners, not someone wishing to improve their techniques.

I don't know anything about his Forex course.

I have been lucky enough to get this this CD course F.O.C
it is 10 times cheaper than Vince Stanziones course and it is better
John gives you the basics to trading theres no hidden costs
he provides you with free eod data
and puts you on the right road to progress into a better trader.
great value!

phatbustered said:
I have been lucky enough to get this this CD course F.O.C
it is 10 times cheaper than Vince Stanziones course and it is better
John gives you the basics to trading theres no hidden costs
he provides you with free eod data
and puts you on the right road to progress into a better trader.
great value!

Thanks

Progress from Spread Betting

There seems to be a lot of people wishing to progress from spread betting, which is fairly easily grasped, to other things such as CFD, options, futures etc etc
Is there any good information out there on DVD, CD etc to guide one through this minefield?

Re: Progress from Spread Betting

Make your own mind up...!

I note your Name on T2W is 30ND what a strange coincidence or is it? my Car Registration is :- 30ND It is for Sale ??

Attachments

• BOND.jpg
    BOND.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 275
Watched his scalping course yesterday, this guy is proper scalper n does basics things correctly on regular basis. Although his £25 pound per pip strategy doesnt go down well with me, I will be picking up some tips where he showed 1 minute charts can be traded and scalped ;-)

First post and endorsing John's material already.

Just a few Q's:

Did you attend John's course or watch DVD?
What type of platform does John use
What type of markets is he scalping
What is his typical R:R

Oh and how much is he charging for his invaluable courses these days?

Mike, I watched it on a DVD course Scalping the Forex. A Forex Scalping System That Teaches Scalping Forex Strategies[/url]) downloaded by one of my mates from internet ( i know its cheeky :p ) so it didnt cost me anything but few hours time wise yesterday afternoon. He was showing some forex traders in his workshop how to trade live and nick some easy pips using 1 min charts while taking in consideration long term trend obviously and also how small ranges can be scalped for few pips(but he was using £25 per pip wager). He traded with a stop loss of 10 pips but a mental stop loss of 4 pips and he did have guts to close couple of them(quite impressive/fearless I guess).His profit targets were small say 5-7 pips but with a sucha high wager it would have been considerable profit I guess. Tho I dont agree with £25 per pip wager he is using with his 10K account, I think I can apply his simple trick of nicking 3-5 pips consistently I wouldn't do myself any harm I guess. Any profit small or large is a profit in my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovester thats naughty......send john a cheque imediately ;)

look all......trading is not just about reading books and research.... sometimes its about also talking to experienced traders who have been around the block a lot and can answer the personal questions you have...:smart:

John can do this and is very very good at coaching newbies and nurturing them on their way .....(no BS)....and his particular style of scalping can be adapted going forward if you chose to do that but is a good starting point

N

Thanks for your response lovester.

I'm always suspicious when someone starts posting and mentions one of these "trainers- traders, coaches or gurus".

I'd be very cautious of this nicking 3-5 pips approach though. If your'e using a spread betting platform it is a very short trip to the poor house. Even the "tiny" spreads on spread betting platforms would eat up any potential profits.

My understanding is that John tends to trade FX which in the smallest of time frames goes up and down like a whores drawers. You may find that you get your overall direction right but there's a high chance because of the tight stops you will lose out.

Mick

Re: Progress from Spread Betting

There seems to be a lot of people wishing to progress from spread betting, which is fairly easily grasped, to other things such as CFD, options, futures etc etc
Is there any good information out there on DVD, CD etc to guide one through this minefield?

i'd really recommend newbies looking at options and futures etc first before spending 2-3 years learning the basics of trading

sigh....:whistling
N

Hi mate, do you think it's worth the money? All the traders on here say you shouldnt pay for anything, don't know who to believe on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mate, do you think it's worth the money? All the traders on here say you shouldnt pay for anything, don't know who to believe on this one.

hmmm - what does "worth the money" mean in any Educational context ?

I always tell people not to pay for anything until they have spent at least 6 months researching the web and forums for the multitude of free sites , systems and indicators available on whatever market you are interested in ....

by then you will have a feel for what you might want to do regarding trading education.........also if you do invest in a course or some training you will have more questions to ask and it will be more productive ....

in the last couple of years I have paid a few hundred quid to attend as few training courses and seminars but I was more interested in getting some F2F time with the presenters than the actual courses....

i dont think anyone can become a really good trader without ultimately spending a little cash here and their

N

Benj81

For what it's worth if you want to learn to trade:

Start with a small pool of money that you can afford to lose (chances are you're going to lose it anyway).

Play with small stakes (after all if you can't do it with small "bets" you won't do it with the bigger ones).

Read a couple of trading books- check out some of the free trading material from spread companies
as well as online info.

All these gurus - trainers - traders or whatever are doing, is rehashing what's already out there and charging an extortionate amount of money.

Only you know how disciplined you can be and what your own attitude to risk is.

Save yourself the money and do yourself a favour- treat yourself or your family to something good.

Take it from experience you will have to learn most of how you trade by yourself.Sure go on a beginners course if it is very cheap or free,your broker should also do some webinars,but most of what you need is available on the net,the rest is in your mind. I cant think of one course that can honestly be recommended by a proven performer.