Scalping The Forex

kwilo

I've recently received emails from John Bartlett extolling his Scalp The Forex CD. Any views anyone?

Hi,

I dont know about this guy. All i would say is be careful these companies are experts at drawing you in and making promises like 20%/month etc... But remember if they are making a fortune and taking constant profits out of the markets why give that up to start a training company and start emailing strangers! Im not saying dont listen to anyone, there are good traders who will give advice just be careful before parting with cash.

Guys

Have bought course from JB in the past, only cost £200, which is not a lot compared to some other courses. This guy is pretty much honest and gives you the facts. There are no hyped up claims or false promises, although you can't help but wonder sometimes why teach if you can make loads of money trading. I have not bought the scalping course because I am trying to learn a different style of trading and this stuff would just confuse me. Couldbe a worthwhile buy, but remember there is no holy grail. You have to put in the time and effort and learn to trade. Just beware of the scammers and sharks who promise this and that........trading is not easy, but I believe you can succeed if you are committed and willing to take the time to learn.

bert

The most perfect system can be messed up by an imperfect trader!

(Reader, I was that trader! ....):cheesy:

Call me a sucker and slap me silly! I went and bought it.

It's not too bad as it happens. Ideal for a complete beginner but with most of the information gleaned from it also available on the internet.

It touches upon the basics of the Forex, trading setup, money management etc - enough to get started without overloading with too much info. As for the main content, it shows example videos of live trading on a demo account with the aim of making 5% ROA per week with a few trades per day. He enters trades based on price action and indicators while making it look easy... You can't substitute for experience.

If you're looking for a system, I'd say identify possibilities on Google or one of these forums and experiment, back-test, forward-test it yourself. Narrow the list down to what you're comfortable with. This CD shows just one of many out there.

You'll also hear people say that scalping is statistically suicidal - sounds like a theoretical generalisation to me but I'm in the process of proving or disproving it with my own test setup. In the mean time I'm laughing all the way to the bank! Not with real money though :(

Last edited:
I went on a two day Forex/scalping /spreadbetting course with John Bartlett and found it good value for money.He is a down to earth bloke and doesnt give you the illusion of making thousands at the press of a button.Its not so much his trying to sell his system as there are many out there, alot of the emphasis is based on having the right mind set and sticking to a strategy or trading plan.There is a wealth of information on the internet but I had to put my hand up and admit that I needed some help in putting it all into perspective.Also if you need any support his easy to get hold of and help you with any problems or any trading matters by phone or email.

indicators

" less is more " - (Mies Van Der Rohe)

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (19-DEC-08).png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (19-DEC-08).png
    13.7 KB · Views: 1,682
I scalp GBP/USD because it has a habit of shooting up 30 pips in seconds and then reversing 20 pips also in seconds.. It literally is a 15 second trade.. The downside is that you have to watch for it and the spreads on GBP/USD always suck. I mostly do it for entertainment because I think over time I've lost as much as gained.