Jail!

That's a better solution than the current method although I'm reluctant to give the state those kinds of powers when the free market can handle it!

I am reasonably skeptical that there would be a significant increase to be honest. After all I can think of plenty of hard drugs that are perfectly legal if you know what you're doing.

Atilla have you considered said nuisance crackheads are attacking Paul essentially because they are criminals not because they are drug users? Do you believe it is possible to be a drug user without being that kind of nuisance and if so whether it is fair to criminalise the non nuisance users?

This is where it gets a little hairy. I suspect what you mean is if you have money you can buy your drugs legally.

Statistics and research tells us that large proportion of crime is drug related. You can include alchol here too.

It is refered to as secondary crime where the primary objective is not to carry out the offence with "intent" but simply because you are addicted and thus it is a medical condition.

If this is what you mean - than yes.

If you also mean you are rich and can afford the drug as a recreational habitual use to enhance your sexual gratification or what ever rocks your boat, then I suppose yes you can do that do and not be a criminal.

If you treat it in terms of price supply and demand then there will always be those people who will want to take what they don't / can't have.

Give it away for free and you immediately kill off the crime aspect imo.

That's a better solution than the current method although I'm reluctant to give the state those kinds of powers when the free market can handle it!

Give it to free market and they will restrict supply and charge extortionate pricing. Back to square one.

I think we can make most drugs very cheaply... after all they are not subject to patents ;)

I'm reasonably convinced though that most of our current nuisance addicts being essentially very weak willed people (it's not that hard to hold down a job with a drug addiction with perhaps the exception of meths... certainly cocaine or heroin are no problem) are still going to be committing thefts just because they can.

All this reminds me of the opening credits to, 'Shameless' and Frank Gallagher, he goes on about ending poverty with cheaper drugs, i used to laugh at that but it actually makes sense since drugs are so dear on the black market.

Here's a thought, imagine a thread on T2W,....."Where is Cocaine futures heading in 2010"....i'm long. Hehehe.

Edit: Or would coca (the plant) become part of the commodities market?

What or who has ANY proof of claim of authority that they dare tell any one man that he cannot choose to abuse his body in any way he likes ?

Who stands and has proof of this claim ?

You play with fire and you risk getting burnt.

You do something wrong & immoral and you deserve to be punished.

If they are drug smugglers/dealers whose aim is to illegally profit from other peoples addictions, then you deserve to do some jail time.

If they were to argue that the drugs were planted on them, I'd say, stay away from dodgy 3rd world countries, whose main exports include drugs, and whose rules and regulations are not quite in line with the G8.

What or who has ANY proof of claim of authority that they dare tell any one man that he cannot choose to abuse his body in any way he likes ?

Drink and driving!!! :!:

Its good fun for the user and abuser, not for the family and friends that are watching them losing there mind and soul

:smart: