Its Goodbye from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've being around on T2W since 2003, of late I found most the forums I visit have become nothing more than a ground for slanging matches, arguement and counter arguement, with nothing constructive coming from them, for me anyway.

Friday 20th March will be my last day visiting this site, for those of you who already know of my decision, I will keep in contact as we discussed.

Happy Trading all.

Bye. Rob

Really sorry to hear of your decision to leave Dinos, and I'd like to say BIG thank you as you did help my trading couple of years ago by taking the time to explain your system.

I'm also one of those who feels the site is improving but respect your perspective and consider the possibility I'm changing for the worst along with T2W and haven't noticed the deterioration. :cheesy:

finding-friends-with-the-same-mental-disorder-as-you_o_2536523.jpg

Needless to say I sincerely wish your return when the wind blows in the right direction again.

(y)

Why have so many hundreds of members left, then? Why is this forum (in contrast to some others) the merest shadow of its former self?

What difference , do you sense, since you've been a member ? What affected you, that made you notice any change ?

What difference , do you sense, since you've been a member ? What affected you, that made you notice any change ?

People don't like change!

I don't like to see Dinos change and leave the site.

I would like Dinos, however, to change his mind.

That's the problem... It's all about Dinos... Really I can't believe simply how selfish some people can be :cry:

People like to change everything else but them selves and I think I've proved my point. :smart:

What difference , do you sense, since you've been a member ?

It doesn't matter (any more, to me) and this perhaps isn't the place for a full-blown "stewards' inquiry" about it, anyway. I support Rob in his decision to leave, but I'm sorry to see him go, ok? :|

Not to sound crass or rude...but Who Cares if someone decides to leave a forum...i find it kind of hilarious that we are treating it like it's a funeral or something

It's the world of Trading...one of the most cold,heartless,soulless places there are. afterall. next.:devilish:

Not to sound crass or rude...but Who Cares if someone decides to leave a forum...i find it kind of hilarious that we are treating it like it's a funeral or something

It's the world of Trading...one of the most cold,heartless,soulless places there are. afterall. next.:devilish:

First of all it's not a funeral but a little bit like being excused from the table.

World of trading is nothing like that? You crazy fool. :cheesy:

World of trading is purely a personal experience between you and the market... Who gets to screw who is purely up to your personal approach, foreplay and ability :love::love::love:

imho (y)

Alexa, Ok, my bad , I thought it might of mattered to you, cos you bothered to ask a question.

Appols.

if you want change something, change it within.

To me the forums seems reasonable enough, it is a place where you can share, learn and teach, often while you teach you learn and vice versa.

Yes, at times you can see the unusual comment with the pure intent to troll or create some kind of problems but in my personal experience when reported it is dealt by the moderators very quickly and appropriately.

Why have so many hundreds of members left, then? Why is this forum (in contrast to some others) the merest shadow of its former self?

Lots of reasons why they leave i'm sure...but here are a few off the top of my head.

1) They finally admit defeat cos they are crap at trading.
2) They never figured out that those with the deepest pockets win the game.
3) They lose way too much money but escape before the wife finds out.
4) They find out that other peoples opinions are no better than their own.

Actually, i'm already bored giving reasons.

Btw, ALL forums, trading or otherwise are in decline.

I've being around on T2W since 2003, of late I found most the forums I visit have become nothing more than a ground for slanging matches, arguement and counter arguement, with nothing constructive coming from them, for me anyway.

Friday 20th March will be my last day visiting this site, for those of you who already know of my decision, I will keep in contact as we discussed.

Happy Trading all.

Bye. Rob

Hi Rob,

What have you said about slanging matches & argument that's may be true for some forums. But not for this one. I joined T2W few months ago. I find this forum very informative. Members are here very helpful not much sarcasm compared to my previous forum experience.

In my previous forum, there if a new traders ask anything, people used to answer in a way, like they made a big mistake for asking. Most of the big members attitude over there is like, "I know better than you", "Go back to your mama", "Stop bothering".

I'm glad this forum is not like them. Forum is for sharing information, joining valued discussion. If everybody knows everything, then what is the point of creating forums.

Best Regards.

I went, once, Rob, but I came back. I hope that the same happens to you because, the same as when you are dead, after a while no one misses you!

What you should be is noncommittal, just stay away when you are fed up and come back when you want to make a comment.

You are one of the many with whom I have not exchanged posts , much, but have always been around and I read what you had to say. Part of the landscape. T2W will be worse off without you.

I agree with Sun 11, I had a look at another famous forum the other day, they all making 15% a day, they are all the greatest traders ever lived, discriminations remarks are the norm and the seniors members have much more power than the others, if you do not approve their saying, they will suspend you....lol
In brief a nest of losers and trolls, yes much more readership but all nonsense....

Agreed :LOL: , Rob is fine , infact leaving T2W could be better for him , he can take a peak now and then , its not a big deal .

Lots of reasons why they leave i'm sure...but here are a few off the top of my head.

1) They finally admit defeat cos they are crap at trading.
2) They never figured out that those with the deepest pockets win the game.
3) They lose way too much money but escape before the wife finds out.
4) They find out that other peoples opinions are no better than their own.

Actually, i'm already bored giving reasons.

Btw, ALL forums, trading or otherwise are in decline.

There are many other reasons , some of them may have improved in trading to the point that they cant login to this forum anymore , some may had a life changing event like death , career or marriage ... etc . Seriously people change and life is big , no one can expect people to stay here for ever . Thats the nature of online communities - besides facebook- .

Last edited:
I wish you well Rob - both with your business interests and also your trading - whether you stay or leave

I have only got to know you more over the last 4 -6 months or so - and we have had a few disagreements etc etc - but I could tell - you cared and was genuine as well as seeming a really great bloke - wanting to help others and wanting fairness etc etc

Just hope its not your last day - maybe a few weeks or month off and you will have the withdrawals kick in and then you will pop back etc etc and see maybe that this place is like life - both when good and bad - with the highs and the lows

Meanwhile GL and Good Trading

Regards

F

. . . I've "had it up to here" with trying to be helpful. I'm just plain pissed off by this forum, and as you see I've even reached a point where I don't mind saying so publicly, since nobody takes any notice at all when I try to do that privately, however tactfully and politely I try . . .
Hi Alexa,
I'm sorry you feel so disappointed by the forum and let down by the response you've (not) received from my colleagues. Obviously, I can't comment on that as I don't know the history. However, what I can say is that to the best of my knowledge, I've never failed to reply to a PM or e-mail sent to me by another member and, had you contacted me directly, I would certainly have replied. I might not have told you what you wanted or expected to hear - but that's another matter.

Regarding your question about why members leave, as others have said, there are any number of reasons for this and the one cited by Rob is relatively rare IMO. It is just my opinion though, as there are no statistics available giving the precise reason(s). As C_V rightly points out - most online community forums are in decline: the current state of T2W merely reflects a wider trend and is unlikely to have anything to do with the way it's moderated.

Needless to say, I care about T2W and want to make this site as good as it can be. The Mod' team certainly care as they give up their time free of charge and receive very little praise or support for their efforts. And Sharky certainly cares because it's his business and his income to lose if it fails! On that note, I'll repeat my comment in my last post - 'I'm all ears'. I always like to receive feedback about what we can do better and I'm always happy to listen to members' concerns and to explain T2W policy and why we do / don't do the things we do. So, feel free to start your own thread - or PM me directly - I promise I'll reply!
Tim.

Happy Trading all.

Bye. Rob

hey Rob

sorry to here that ................sure its not the level of years gone by when i can remember an incredibly high level of quality contributors ......

for me i actually like some of the banter .........my systems are pretty solid so i'm not seeking that much on the holy grail side these days anyway

good luck and best wishes

N

Status
Not open for further replies.