It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Well the USD is in big trouble...

Re our USDJPY email alert that was sent to you all last night. We are sending you another one now suggesting that you bank part at 95.00 and will hold the balance for now.

Yes i backed away from CABLE but the lowest risk trade out there was USDJPY. At least that has made us a solid 100 pips in 24 hours.

See u tom and more email alerts to come.

D

Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer! I'm only joking course I'm notbut I am definitely in the minority now. All I would say is that longterm I of course remain a bear however I have felt that this rally andthe price action is/was extremely positive and remains so. Having saidthat the market got seriously silly today corporates anywhere between 25and 300bp better on the day and apparently the streets inventory fromlast week has gone. The good news is that cds is doing very little soat long last the cash is playing catch up and therefore the basis tradethat I have been banging on about these past 4 weeks is working well. Iguess the one thing the bears are still asking is, "what is the triggerfor the next blow up?" As always I do not know however I think good oldfashioned data watching will be back in vogue in the coming months. Ifthe data continues to come in better than expectations then the rallywill continue. If not maybe the market will wake up to the fact thatthe world isn't the same place, property isnt a one way bet no brainer,and nor is buying credit because of the wall of money argument. In theend fundamentals will always prevail and participants should rememberthat.

Mr P......

TOP Line

Hi,

Just want you to see sometimes drawing lines in advance is not such a bad idea.

Lines on the wrong side as we say. Look at this GBPUSD where it made its latest high.

Price at time of writing 1.5771

Erik

Attachments

• gbpusd topline.jpg
    gbpusd topline.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 159
Good evening

Am i surprised with the weak USD? Am i surprised with the rally with EUR and GBP? The answer is no...

I remember being a bull all the way from 1.4000 up to 1.5000 and a strong one at that in CABLE. I have done the classic over the last 3 weeks by listening to so many people telling me this stock market is going to crash that i have actually taken my eyes off what is really happening.

The easy thing to do is listen to the bear traders and listen to them saying the world is over and that Indices will fall another 2000+ points. Well yes it might do but the fact is the trend is up for now and i took my eye off it. I turned into a bear which i promised myself i wouldn't. If i stay neutral as a trader i make good decisions however if i come in everyday thinking this must happen it affects my judgement. There is no point prempting this maket. Its less thought and more action with the trend that is important...

I know i am not the only one..I know some traders who have lost a mere fortune by selling without stops on cable and eur..A bad bad mistake!!!

With this USDJPY trade i am 50% there on making my budget for the week but i am still annoyed with myself how i became a bear overnight!!! I will make budget this week but it should have been so much more. Only 3 trades this week and 2 more days to make target..

Ok see u tom.

D

Good evening

The easy thing to do is listen to the bear traders and listen to them saying the world is over and that Indices will fall another 2000+ points.
Ok see u tom.

D

Hi Dan,

I am one of the bigest bears out there but as you know I kicked myself a few times this week. It's not me who makes the market. It's all these fools out there that make the market. So Bear or Bull you have to do what the market tells you. And the market was only saying one thing this week. BUY, BUY and BUY again. Silver crosses everywhere. CCI'S going through the roof over and over again. The only thing i heard was it is toppy so together with my thinking as a Bear I was even more convinced it would go down. No such way. UP, UPPERTHEPUP. No more bulls and bears. Just Trade what you see and become a millionair.

P.S. Already in a nice profit on GBPUSD down hill but stop at breakeven. Not a fool anymore. Roling tight stop of 20 pips and it already roled over 1 time. LOL

Erik

Last edited:
Hi Erik

Yes i am as well (deep down) but i also know the more level headed and neutral i am as a trader the better judgement calls i make.

Mates in town lauged when i said CABLE up to the high 1.5000s over 4 to 6 weeks ago.

All i am saying is that each day you must come in with a clear head and not let your own thoughts get too carried away. We must stay level headed and trade what the market is offering us and not what we think it should offer us.

Anyway must put the little one to bed.

D

One look

Hi,

Here is a chart where you see them all and not one of these charts is overbought or oversold. No not even after this massive breakout on Cable.

To become overboughht on cable I have to see levels of 80-85 on RSI.

Oh by the way to see the charts in real size click the attachment and after that click the charts again. ( took me some time to find that out)

Erik

RS Please give me some of your brain. It will make be a better trader instead of a thinker who looses money :) It would be a half pea in that case. Makes me an even better trader.

Attachments

• one look.jpg
    one look.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 199
honesty and opinions!

Hi Erik

Yes i am as well (deep down) but i also know the more level headed and neutral i am as a trader the better judgement calls i make.

Mates in town lauged when i said CABLE up to the high 1.5000s over 4 to 6 weeks ago.

All i am saying is that each day you must come in with a clear head and not let your own thoughts get too carried away. We must stay level headed and trade what the market is offering us and not what we think it should offer us.

Anyway must put the little one to bed.

D

Hi Dan,

That's good honest feedback about the danger of losing your objectivity through an opinion. So easily done. I have to admit that I don't grasp the fundamental stuff that easily and all about how mr x saying y caused z which set off 1 that led to 2 and by the way did you know that 3 was a by-product..... - so for me, the charts are definitely my best guide. I don't even read a newspaper anymore, except the sports pages of course, which I nick off me mates on a sunday!!!

Looking forward to the latter half of the week,

All the v best

Mike

Morrning

Quite simply i have no idea how to explain this market.

I have a small position in USDJPY but otherwise i am completely flat. This market is nuts and we have to back off from it today. Golf beckons because i cant read this market.

I will be honest with you when i can´t read it!!! After a cracking week (last week), this week i feel i cant read a chart. Its not me but the levels the markets are at.

I am not trading and havent traded today and will come back tomorrow.

See u.

D

lo mismo

Hi,

Here is a chart where you see them all and not one of these charts is overbought or oversold. No not even after this massive breakout on Cable.

To become overboughht on cable I have to see levels of 80-85 on RSI.

Oh by the way to see the charts in real size click the attachment and after that click the charts again. ( took me some time to find that out)

Erik

RS Please give me some of your brain. It will make be a better trader instead of a thinker who looses money :) It would be a half pea in that case. Makes me an even better trader.

Really? Therein lies your mistake methinks.

Indices tanking...

Sorry been very busy today but good to see Zak and James keeping you vvv vusy in the room with shorts in USDJPY, AUDJPY & DAX.

I am short on all 3 stil and AUDUSD. Can´t lose on these trades now...

Cheers
D

Well my tight stops got hit on those shorts from earlier this am in DAX and AUDJPY. 2 very nice trades...

Still got AUDUSD amd USDJPY.

D

Cci games

Hi, DAN ZAK and JAMES

Just want to say I am realy getting the hang of your system and altered it in the way it works best for me. The pip play of today was massive. The ones I missed because of to much typing and also the ones I got stopped out at Zero for example the GBPUSD long wasn't a big problem because half of those missed trades my wife played.

It means I have to do the dishes again tonight.

The CCI'S were written for me. Have long term audjpy down with a hundred pips stop but took the CCI crossings back up in usdjpy, eurjpy and audjpy. The last one on another trade station. These 3 alone made so many pips that I don't have to play for the rest of the week. (Can't keep still however because I have become addicted to the room.)

Massive, Massive pips.

Erik

Really? Therein lies your mistake methinks.

Hi Swann,

My mistake on Cable not being overbought at the RSI levels was not a mistake because it went up even more today and recovered as a steam train after disastrous news of a lower rating. Not saying it goes up or down. I just said the chart was not overbought. Nothing more nothing less.

I think we had a misunderstanding. Just pointed out that it could go higher before getting overbought. But as you have seen today there is a lot of strength in cable or weakness in the dollar.

Erik

Below is a chart compared with the one from yesterday and the candles will close in 3 hours time so maybe it could go up even further. RSI level 74+ on cable

Attachments

• all pairs.jpg
    all pairs.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hi, DAN ZAK and JAMES

Just want to say I am realy getting the hang of your system and altered it in the way it works best for me. The pip play of today was massive. The ones I missed because of to much typing and also the ones I got stopped out at Zero for example the GBPUSD long wasn't a big problem because half of those missed trades my wife played.

It means I have to do the dishes again tonight.

The CCI'S were written for me. Have long term audjpy down with a hundred pips stop but took the CCI crossings back up in usdjpy, eurjpy and audjpy. The last one on another trade station. These 3 alone made so many pips that I don't have to play for the rest of the week. (Can't keep still however because I have become addicted to the room.)

Massive, Massive pips.

Erik

Hey Erik,

So you just look at divergence in the CCI's and the trend to make a judgement call where and when you place a trade?

Erik, it sounded like you were doing very nicely in the room today - well done to you.

Would you be prepared to tell us a little more about how you have adapted the CCI strategy to your style?

I realise you are using the 0.0 line cross on the 15min chart for entry and I assume the same for exit, plus you are using your judgement on when to enter and when to leave a trade. Can you post a couple of screenshots of trades you took for our understanding? That would be very interesting.

Cheers and well done today

Mike

Cci

Hi mike,

Actually its nothing new compared what Dan and Zak showed in their video's.

Further more it depends on the volatility in the market. Are we in a range trading mode or trend mode.

Also use the idicators for exits and entries. When to many ma's below me I will not sell and vice versa will not buy. Just overall how your feeling is in the market.

A picture of one trade taken today is shown below with all indicators removed.

But again it's nothing more than Dan is teaching us.

What I do know for certain is that you need to stick to one strategy. A loss on one trade does not mean a loss on all trades. Changing strategies all the time will give you a wild west feeling and a hangover. Do what is best for you. I do not have the holy grail. No one has that and when they did you have to pay a fortune.

In the end it is you who has to push the buttons.

Erik

P.S. I am not hunting for pips anymore. I try not to loose and that's a new ball game.

Attachments

• cci trade.jpg
    cci trade.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Hi mike,

Actually its nothing new compared what Dan and Zak showed in their video's.

Further more it depends on the volatility in the market. Are we in a range trading mode or trend mode.

Also use the idicators for exits and entries. When to many ma's below me I will not sell and vice versa will not buy. Just overall how your feeling is in the market.

A picture of one trade taken today is shown below with all indicators removed.

But again it's nothing more than Dan is teaching us.

What I do know for certain is that you need to stick to one strategy. A loss on one trade does not mean a loss on all trades. Changing strategies all the time will give you a wild west feeling and a hangover. Do what is best for you. I do not have the holy grail. No one has that and when they did you have to pay a fortune.

In the end it is you who has to push the buttons.

Erik

Cheers Erik, I like that very much, I got a clear idea of how your using the strategy.

It was quite a bold trade with the 15m50 and 60m20 just above you, but then again price had just bounced forming the triple bottom and there was plenty room for the bungee to take effect, plus the volatility was picking up.

About pushing the buttons - indeed it is me, which is great, cos I love pushing buttons! ;)

All the best

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.