It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General Motors must surely limit the upside in these markets...

I could be wrong.

D

If this CABLE does break up there could be a few cheeky pips on the break from 90...

You could always reverse your trade..

D

Most indicators are pointing slower as the right shoulder on a H&S for the S&P500 offered some resistance. Cable should also be lower from here.. but never can tell!

Hi

The famous monkey has said watch DOW at this level...

We have seen huge buying from 8250 to 8370 but its looks to be topping out. If it breaks 8400 then we will see a move back towards the previous highs but 8350 to 8375 is huge resistance for now. Looking for this to fall back to 8250.

I am still short CABLE and want dow to fall. COME ON GBP FALL!!!

Out for a thai now...

D

Hi

The famous monkey has said watch DOW at this level...

We have seen huge buying from 8250 to 8370 but its looks to be topping out. If it breaks 8400 then we will see a move back towards the previous highs but 8350 to 8375 is huge resistance for now. Looking for this to fall back to 8250.

I am still short CABLE and want dow to fall. COME ON GBP FALL!!!

Out for a thai now...

D

I like your attitude Dan. Now it will fall for sure. But Bernanke keeps blowing up balloons. We need to stop him first.

New slogan is STOP BB, STOP BB....

Erik

Good morning all

I couldn't sleep as i was wondering about CABLE too much.

Its formed a triangle but the good news is the 60min trigger is about to come down. The bad news is the DP and 4hr 20ma is below. I am small up and have 75% of the trade on. I will hold the balance for now with a stop above the resistance. I am being stubborn and technically should close it out at 20 pips up but will wait until it breaks res.

The old saying of go away in May couldn't be more true... May has been a crazy month and when i look back i see that i have hardly traded and apart from a couple of big winners i have had quite a few small stop outs for 30 pips here and there. Frustrating to say the least but thats the market and i must respect that.

To be honest with you i feel i have taken my eye off the ball in May and made it harder for myself. The strategy is key and i musnt get influenced from what others say. I make thousands of pips from my 60min chart using the 15min 20 crossing upwards through the 60min 20ma (silver cross) which is then above the 4hr 20ma (opposite for a sell). If i stick to this i make huge and when i don't i end up fighting the market on his own territory.

Simplicity is key in this game and i have over complicated it for myself in May. It hasnt helped that the Daily CCI has been in danger zone for a month in CABLE so i have been holding off for that dramtic reversal and last night is another example of me trying to find the high.

I will show you in the room this morning what we are going to be looking for each day and stick to a rigid plan of attack. I will talk u through the setups each am so you can see exactly what we are looking for.

See u in the room in 2 hours.

D

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    24 KB · Views: 171
Morning

Ok i closed my 75% short from last night in CABLE..

As a room we shorted CABLE from high at 1.6070 with stop at 90. Most have banked around 30 pips and holding balance with reduced stop...Free trade now.

Some are still short USDCAD from yesterday with Anders great call in the afternoon.

I will be glad to see the back of May...I want to see a big flush out in these markets then we can have lots of fun in June. I can feel it now...Remember it wasnt long ago that everyone was making 300, 400, 500+ pips a week...In tough weeks just remember to back off...For 3 weeks i have hardly traded but i am happy with that. Looking to hit it hard again in June with some big swing trades. These will be sent by email to you all.

COME ON CABLE FALL YOU ........ !!! I am a stubborn old man.

D

Month end not really helping methinks. Euro looked pretty mixed flow first thing. Aussie is allegedly the one way bet but cable is just plain silly.

Closed balance in CABLE...Its not ready...Was playing double top at 85 (no harm done) but just shows the strength of GBP or should i say weakness in the USD.

4hr chart is wrong and needs a pullback to the 4hr 50ma but hard to stand in its way.

D

HI

I am doing much the same as you ..left the rat race a year ago & now live in SW france. I also only trade about 3 hrs a day ..life is too short ..and the countryside is calling!
I coach people and I can not agree more how improtant having money management in place is. Writing a journal and reviewing your trades is the best learning experience you can have
good luck with trading and "love that sun"
Karen

I'm staying away from these markets today.. it does not make sense.. all index indicators are looking lower.. but the market will probably rise today. Its a strange one..

Still looking to short Dow Jones futures at 8450-8550 level (long term short I should make clear)- 150 point stop loss

50 points made on usd/jpy short, up 45 points on USD/CHF short. Annoyed I didn't take the USD/CAD short yesterday at break of support at 1152.
Should add that I trade off daily/4 hour charts, switching to 1 hour, and occasionally 15 mins, to see where the Support/Resistance levels are for entry. Was up late so didn't get into eur and gbp/usd, although my entry for gbp/usd. Gbp/usd looks beautiful on the 4 hour chart-oh well.

As Gamma says, month end and it's a Friday. All I've done today is 2 trades on cable, played the double top from 6070 down then caught it going up for a total of only 37 pips. As I said in the live room, 'every little helps'.

Ken

Roll on Swinging June...

Morning

I will be glad to see the back of May...I want to see a big flush out in these markets then we can have lots of fun in June. I can feel it now...Remember it wasnt long ago that everyone was making 300, 400, 500+ pips a week...In tough weeks just remember to back off...For 3 weeks i have hardly traded but i am happy with that. Looking to hit it hard again in June with some big swing trades. These will be sent by email to you all.

D

Hi Dan and the Gang

Couldn't agree more, I remember those fantastic CABLE and USDJPY break-outs with the trend we all played earlier in the year and I know they will be back; before they do, it's all about keeping hold of the capital ;) Yep, a couple of those a week and a nice swing trade is more than enough to make target and some were regularly making 500+ pips a week thowing in GBPJPY and a couple of other pairs.

This month has proved one thing: if I had been completely on my own I would have lost a lot of pips and would have really started questioning my ability and getting negative and confused.

As it is, thanks to logging into the Club each morning, I'm still really positive, I have a solid plan to keep things really simple (otherwise brain goes to mush!) work with the strategy, and have robust MM.

Those great set-ups will be back soon and when they are I'll still have the capital to take full advantage and get those pips in.

Thanks Dan for all your support, have a great week (and birth) and see you in June:)

Julie

Hi all

Good to see the thread alive and well...

Julie have fun and good to see your picture. I am too scared to put mine up. You might run away!!!

Ok i am honest enough to admit when i am wrong and i have traded CABLE like a donkey. Yes call me what u want and i admit i was wrong. I am not going to reflect on CABLE as i made well on UJ this month and one good trade on EURGBP so all in all i am up but no where near what i should have been. I always look forward and after a couple of weeks of poor (GBP) judgement i wont let it affect my trading. I can do so much better and will do in June...Infact i am going to nail June in a big way...

As explained in the room, its a fresh start and a fresh approach..We r putting all intelligent views on the back bench, putting those economic degrees in the bin and just going to trade what we see.

If that means buying CABLE at 1.9500 on monday then so be it i will buy it... You all know the plan for setups on monday with the moving averges and what we are looking for eg the silver crosses as explained.

As long as we are all happy, we will then trade them with the trend. If we fancy something against the trend then we will state vvv clearly this should be a low risk trade. You obviously do not need to take it as they are just ideas.

Remember (as Julie says) its not hard to get a couple of swing trades right and then you are back in the game. You could even take 1 a week and do vv well, like UJ earlier this month.

The email alerts will be coming your way from monday so hold onto you seats... I feel confident as ever and wont let my BEAR come out again. I will trade what i see and that is it...

Well done and see u on monday
D

Last edited:
Hi all

Good to see the thread alive and well...

Julie have fun and good to see your picture. I am too scared to put mine up. You might run away!!!

Ok i am honest enough to admit when i am wrong and i have traded CABLE like a donkey. Yes call me what u want and i admit i was wrong. I am not going to reflect on CABLE as i made well on UJ this month and one good trade on EURGBP so all in all i am up but no where near what i should have been. I always look forward and a couple of weeks of poor GBP judgement wont let that affect my trading.

As explained in the room, its a freash start, a fresh approach..We r putting all intelligent views on the back bench, putting those economic degrees in the bin and just going to trade what we see.

If that means buying CABLE at 1.9500 on monday then so be it i will buy it... You all know the plan for setups on monday with the moving averges and what we are looking for eg the silver crosses as explained.

As long as we are all happy we will trade them with the trend. If we fancy something against the trend then we will state vvv clearly this should be a low risk trade. You obviously do not need to take it as they are just ideas.

Remember as Julie says its not hard to get a couple of swing trades going and you are back in teh game vv quickly. You could even take 1 a week and do vv well like UJ earlier this month.

The email alerts will be coming your way from monday so hold onto you seats... I feel confident as ever and wont let my BEAR come out again. I will trade what i see and that is it...

Well done and see u on monday
D

Almost time to sell cable then.......:LOL:

50 pips usd/jpy, 45 pips and 90pips on usd/chf, done for the day and grinding my teeth over cable-why couldn't it have moved at a more humane time in the morning?
HAve a good weekend all

Well good to see Zia & Darryl are on CABLE short...

We admit we r a little crazy but we made good pips from it.

Still short on balance.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.