It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi danarm

please can you post your CCI histogram.

The one trendie posted is different as it has an extra input number. Thanks anyway though trendie.

EDIT: or could the user just reset these 2 extra input numbers to zero in trendies "cci histo", to end up with the same as danarms CCI? (i suspect yes)

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi danarm

amongst other questions, i previously asked why you use the heiken ashi indicator that covers over the candles on the chart.

I dont think you answered that question.

Cheers.:)

Last edited:
Taken 100 pips Oil, should probably have kept it open. Lost 40 pips on USD/CHF though

Still up 120 in two days, still on for my 250 week......

Also still have my long EUR/USD open!

Last edited:
Fact 1 about Gorillas...

1.Gorillas are the largest living primates - the family of animals that includes monkeys, apes and humans. A mature male gorilla can be over 6 feet tall and weigh 300 to 500 pounds. He can spread his arms 8 feet across and is as strong as 4 to 8 strong men. Adult female gorillas are about half the size of the males.

Hi danarm

please can you post your CCI histogram.

The one trendie posted is different as it has an extra input number. Thanks anyway though trendie.

EDIT: or could the user just reset these 2 extra input numbers to zero in trendies "cci histo", to end up with the same as danarms CCI? (i suspect yes)

Cheers

Pls find attached...

D

Attachments

• FX_Sniper's_CCI.ex4
    5.1 KB · Views: 388
Hi danarm

amongst other questions, i previously asked why you use the heiken ashi indicator that covers over the candles on the chart.

I dont think you answered that question.

Cheers.:)

Hi

I purely prefer them to the candles. They smooth out the move for me, thats all...

Its worth reading about them online.

With indicators they are purely personal preferences. You need to try them for yourself and see what you like.

D

Taken 100 pips Oil, should probably have kept it open. Lost 40 pips on USD/CHF though

Still up 120 in two days, still on for my 250 week......

Also still have my long EUR/USD open!

Stuart excellent work...

From reading your post i can really see the determination in you getting the 250 pips this week. You have a clear plan and are focused on the end result.

That is what its all about...

Well done

D

Cheers D.

do you have any tips for being in a few short term trades in different instruments at the same time in realtime eg. today was eurusd, gold, crude. Do you find it difficult to manage 3 at once, or does practice make perfect?

Cheers.

Cheers D.

do you have any tips for being in a few short term trades in different instrumentsat the same time eg. today was eurusd, gold, crude. Do you find it difficult to manage 3 at once, or does practice make perfect?

Cheers.

Hi

It comes with practice to be honest... Stay with one or two to begin with... I wouldn't promote three unless you are experienced... Mainly one commodity and one currency. That should pick you up 50 odd pips per day.

If i had traded after 10am i would have chucked away my pips (i think)... Bit messy today... Glad i stayed away!!!

Cheers fella

D

Thanks D. I'm learning this trade and can clearly see targets are important, wanting to make the months target in 1 day is a road to ruin, so i'm going to take baby steps.

I really like your indicators and the markets are clearly the most liquid to TA should work.

Hi

It comes with practice to be honest... Stay with one or two to begin with... I wouldn't promote three unless you are experienced... Mainly one commodity and one currency. That should pick you up 50 odd pips per day.

Cheers fella

D

Yes. I've never been that good at patting my head &rubbing my belly at the same time, so perhaps thats a warning....:eek:;) though i imagine its easier on H1 than M5. Haven't tried it yet though tbh.

Don't forget that i worked off my 60min chart for the direction (this am) and only looked at my 5min for entry.

D

Think a nice glass of red will go down well tonight.

See u all tomorrow...

D

Hi Dan,

Thanks for maintaining this thread. As a newbie it helps us alot.

I have some questions I am hoping to put to you soon. Hope you dont mind.

Good Luck.

Manya1983

Morning all

EURUSD and GOLD look good for short downside play so jumped in already...

Wait for 123 play on downside for CABLE on break below 60min 50ma.

Missed the USDJPY and USDCHF but u cant take them all...

The USD has found support so far this am. The only reservation i have is CRUDE looks like a break through the 60min 20ma on the upside could be on. This would bring small USD weakness back into play so i need to be careful.

Speak in a bit.

D

Look at the gaps on the 60min charts down to the 4hr 20ma's. That is key...

Status
Not open for further replies.