It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont forget our longer term targets in GBPJPY are 160.00, CABLE 1.5800 and EURGBP 0.8500

Last edited:
This is good...

All week been saying if USDJPY breaks highs, GBPJPY will remain bid and CABLE will rally.

If targets get hit in CABLE, GBPJPY and EURGBP we will be looking at over 4000 pips.

Interesting few weeks ahead.

D

Fab Week

What a cracking week!

My record weekly pippage at just over 400 and a great confidence-booster before going back to old Blighty...

Just hope I can stay in my little positive bubble when faced with all the doom & gloom, cold & wet. The sun is always shining in the Live Room though, eh?

I've even promised myself that I won't be watching any news, even though Huw Edwards is lovely :innocent:

Well, time to get packing and hit the road.

Thanks Dan, have a great chocolate-egg-filled Easter and see you in a couple of weeks.

Julie :)

What a cracking week!

My record weekly pippage at just over 400 and a great confidence-booster before going back to old Blighty...

Just hope I can stay in my little positive bubble when faced with all the doom & gloom, cold & wet. The sun is always shining in the Live Room though, eh?

I've even promised myself that I won't be watching any news, even though Huw Edwards is lovely :innocent:

Well, time to get packing and hit the road.

Thanks Dan, have a great chocolate-egg-filled Easter and see you in a couple of weeks.

Julie :)

Thanks Julie...

Well done young lady...400 pips is a sterling effort.

With a preganant wife chocolate doesnt last very long in my house.

I no doubt will be dressed in a pink bunnies outfit, laying eggs in teh garden for all the kids... Can´t wait!!!

Have fun.
D

Hi Dan,
Decided to close my cable trade for 407 pps just before non farms - didn't want to see it disappear - will start again Monday.
This hourly trigger is the key for me as the hourly 20 crosses the 4 hourly 20 after doing a 123 - depending on the daily trend of course.
Have a good weekend & i'll see you Monday -
Thanks Dan & team!!

Simon.

Hi Dan,
Decided to close my cable trade for 407 pps just before non farms - didn't want to see it disappear - will start again Monday.
This hourly trigger is the key for me as the hourly 20 crosses the 4 hourly 20 after doing a 123 - depending on the daily trend of course.
Thanks Dan & team!!

Simon.

Nicely done Simon!

Dan,

Friday London Open was definitely fantastic and overall a great week.

I'm looking at my chart and EURGBP is in triangle on 4hr TF, getting close to support line. Perhaps we could take a look next london session for trading opportunity here.

FX500 is king.

Thx!

Alex

Dan,

Friday London Open was definitely fantastic and overall a great week.

I'm looking at my chart and EURGBP is in triangle on 4hr TF, getting close to support line. Perhaps we could take a look next london session for trading opportunity here.

FX500 is king.

Thx!

Alex

Hi Alex

Yes we will def look at this on monday.

Really glad u r happy and making pips.

Have a great weekend.

D

Hi Dan,
Thanks Dan & team!!

Simon.

Hi Simon

As always very steady... You are developing vvvvvv well.

407 pips is pipalicious!!!

Cheers

D

Gd morning all

Overall a great week and thankyou for your kind emails. Some truely amazing results with the best student making 1,700 pips this week.

My aim as always is to get the very few who arent quite mastering the strategy up to speed as quickly as possible and will work with them next week. Maybe an extra school session on monday in the room. Will let u know in mondays session.

It was a good week for me but i let myself down on friday. I was up well, got greedy and my thoughts over powered what the chart was telling me.

I was convinced we would see a few retracements. I am not upset that we didnt (as you all know i am long GBPJPY, CABLE and short EURGBP) but i felt the market needed this after the week it had.

Infact yesterday morning was a perfect long off that DP with an entry on a 5min chart but my blinkers were on thinking a pullback was on. How many times do i say, dont think too much but trade what you see??? Well i broke this rule on friday and took a big hit for 200 pips on 3 trades. Yes i made 180ish back within the hour but the principal was wrong. I traded poorly and have learnt from that and will move on for next week. I had my stops in the right place for my trades but stupidly moved them up as the market went up...I was disappearing into a dark hole getting chased by the market believing it would turn and it didnt. That was stupid of me and never again.

Anyway overall a fantastic week and glad to see so many of you breaking the target of 250 pips.

Have a great weekend. I am starting running again so wish me luck.

D

Last edited:
By the way really happy about you all posting on the thread.

Keep it up!!!

See you monday at 6.30am.

D

I would like to make a simple comment on the loads of pips that are made in the club. And that they are made is 100% sure. But these are extreem volatile times. This will not always be the case. So save your pips and don't spend them all. Hard times in tight ranging will come and makes trading a lot more difficult. That will be the time your money management comes in to play and Dan's einstein rule of banking will make the difference.

I would like to make a simple comment on the loads of pips that are made in the club. And that they are made is 100% sure. But these are extreem volatile times. This will not always be the case. So save your pips and don't spend them all. Hard times in tight ranging will come and makes trading a lot more difficult. That will be the time your money management comes in to play and Dan's einstein rule of banking will make the difference.

Good evening

You are right...These are volatile times and currency traders around the world are smashing records.

I mentioned a while ago that a good friend of mine who works in London made his annual target in 1 month. That can't be right but its true!

Yes money management is key and we will work hard on this over the next few weeks so we are prepared for the less volatile times.

Have a good one.

D

Last edited:
London Open Notes - Monday 3rd April

Good morning team

Amazed how the market didn’t retrace on late Friday afternoon but maybe today is the day!

CABLE
• This is great news for our longer term book and 1.5000 will surely be tested this week and broken. Still targeting mid 1.5000s.
• Only option until we break 1.5000 is the pullback.
• 60min trigger is very high
• Watch break of 1.4900 but lets be very careful of the DP. We need this to break for a stronger pullback.
• Looking for 5min 20ma to cross the 60ma on the 5min chart.

EURUSD
• The golden cross is on the 60min chart, however we need a stronger pullback into our buy zone before a buying opportunity.
• Not overly keen on selling into the DP.
• Prefer CABLE as its more overbought.

EURGBP
• 60min chart has formed a triangle and we are sitting on support as we speak.
• If GBP retraces this am across the board, look for support off the 0.9050 level with stop below the 0.9000.
• Still short longer term and targeting 0.8500 to begin with.

JPY´s

USDJPY has been the catalyst and broken the 100.00 level.
GBPJPY definitely needs a pullback so lets watch GBP this morning as this market is more overbought than others,
Still targeting 160.00 for longer term book.

Verdict
Retracements only option at the moment.
Not too keen to trade them but lets keep an eye on GBP this am.

Good morning all

Interesting setups today… Markets are overbought or oversold and badly in need of retracements.

There were cheeky trades in CABLE, EURUSD & USDCHF.

There was no JPY trade due to USDJPY holding its 70 support level.

Looking at retracements over the next 48 hours.

Dan

Attachments

• cablet2w.gif
    cablet2w.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 136
  • gbpjpyt2w.gif
    gbpjpyt2w.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 122
Retracements

Hi Dan

I took EURJPY on the 123 on the 15m chart. Across 3 lots I took 50 pips, 73 pips and 42 pips.

Also took USDJPY on the 123 on the 15m chart for 22 pips, 23 pips and 10 pips again across 3 lots so really chuffed with that.

I'm not very confident at trading retracements but did ok today using your 123 strategy.

Thanks

RS :)

Status
Not open for further replies.