It's All About The Pips...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wont run this out of court too much as hits have to be made, but technically this beast needs to pullback. A good trader knows when to take a hit no matter how much it hurts. It purely offsets my UJ from the day which is purely frustrating rather than hurting too much on the pip count. At least CABLE was a cracker and we made a lot there so happy days again with the morning session.

Ok well backs to the wall and watching DOW as we speak. Infact shorted again at the figure so hedged in at not too bad a level....Get down u beast!!!!

See u tom

D

Something really hit me today...

The best sportsmen always make their game look easy. Look how Jonny Wilkinson played for England at the age of 18. He wasnt flash but purely did the simple things well.

I was always taught from a very early age that if i did the basics well, the results would take care of themselves. Oh how right they were..

In trading once you chase the market you will always lose. Work with it and it will be your friend for life...

Just my impression...but....

THe first post above seems to me that you're trading what you think the market will do rather than what it's doing and as i think you hinted a few weeks ago this was making you take some not ideal trades. Just a thought.

Much easuer for me to comment looking in, i may be wrong, just sometimes good to get an insight from someone elses perspective.

So far, another tough week but fair play to Dan, James and Zak. Ive still been hitting my daily targets.

Cheers Guys,

Brett

Good work Brett, especially considering you are either off eating Shepherd's Pie or taking a power nap.

RS :)

Hi Foredog...

Yes i understand what your are saying...

Yes i do believe that the DOW Future will fall back shortly but we did have every reason to think that with it below the DP for the 1st time since the 13th July. I havent once pre empted this DOW on the way up and purely traded with the trend. Infact its been so good not thinking and not trying to beat the market that i must admit it is the 1st trade for a while that teased me into thinking it was a short.

So i did sell at 8860 and again at 8900.. As mentioned i have banked some down at 8870 and running balance, so net net i am averaged in well at just below 88 which is now only an exposure of around 25 pips...

Who knows. I dont often trade the DOW but use it as a guide for my trusted currencies.

D

Last edited:
No problems Dan, just seemed to remember you saying before and wanted to just point it out just in case, but since you've already spotted that then no harm done.

It was a very valid point...

Look at me trading at 5.30pm when i should be back home swimming with my little girl.

Watching a silly DOW trade when i was all done and dusted by 10am.

Could close it out here for profit.. Will have a think what to do in the next 5 mins b4 i leave.

Hope all is well.

D

Ok it's a historic day, I concede defeat the recession is over and thecarry trade is back, thank the almighty that after 20 years of spendingmoney we haven't got, it has all been solved/fixed in 6 months. I amalso delighted that my house is shooting back up in value and JOBS <go>page is full of vacancies like 2 years ago. Ok I have a smallconfession I am being a little sarcastic. The market has lost theplot, you can use whatever example of a bubble you can find whether itbe the Nasdaq in 2000 or the credit bubble of 2006 either way itsgetting silly. Due diligence, credit analytics is being replaced bygood old fashioned get me some I need some yield. Normally I would saythis herd mentality is a sign of us topping out, I mean Chinese IPOS 400times over subscribed, is this really based on hopes of a recovery or usreturning to trend growth of the last ten years? As a trader callingthe top of the bubble is nigh on impossible, one thing is for sure weare not there yet. The Nasdaq rallied for over a year before everyonerealised it was a load of hot air, the credit bubbled rallied for 4years before it finally burst. If anyone wants a little snap shot ofthe real world, a world where there is too much debt not enough assetsand not enough tax revenue to go around, go and have a word with Arny inCalifornia and see how he's getting on. I have said it before and Iwill say it again, the numbers do not add up and the only way we get outof this mess is by saving more and spending less (Gordon Brown takenote!). Right in the mean time I am off to join the lemmings and closemy eyes and buy some risk, more of the same tomorrow.

Mr P......

Ok it's a historic day, I concede defeat the recession is over and thecarry trade is back, thank the almighty that after 20 years of spendingmoney we haven't got, it has all been solved/fixed in 6 months. I amalso delighted that my house is shooting back up in value and JOBS <go>page is full of vacancies like 2 years ago. Ok I have a smallconfession I am being a little sarcastic. The market has lost theplot, you can use whatever example of a bubble you can find whether itbe the Nasdaq in 2000 or the credit bubble of 2006 either way itsgetting silly. Due diligence, credit analytics is being replaced bygood old fashioned get me some I need some yield. Normally I would saythis herd mentality is a sign of us topping out, I mean Chinese IPOS 400times over subscribed, is this really based on hopes of a recovery or usreturning to trend growth of the last ten years? As a trader callingthe top of the bubble is nigh on impossible, one thing is for sure weare not there yet. The Nasdaq rallied for over a year before everyonerealised it was a load of hot air, the credit bubbled rallied for 4years before it finally burst. If anyone wants a little snap shot ofthe real world, a world where there is too much debt not enough assetsand not enough tax revenue to go around, go and have a word with Arny inCalifornia and see how he's getting on. I have said it before and Iwill say it again, the numbers do not add up and the only way we get outof this mess is by saving more and spending less (Gordon Brown takenote!). Right in the mean time I am off to join the lemmings and closemy eyes and buy some risk, more of the same tomorrow.

Mr P......

Nothing has changed. There hasn't been enough pain...yet. S&P 450 should do it but it's gonna s**k for all of us. In the meantime...as the summer air wafts the bubble deep into the Bozone layer, these words of wisdom by a well known market guru are more relevant than ever.

"Remember, the market can stay irrational a lot longer than you can stay solvent."

YL

Mr P......

Wouldnt it be great if our government would just come out and tell the truth like this guy does...

I get home and finally the DOW has behaved itself...That should drag USDJPY lower so overall i am happy.

Patience has paid off here.

D

Crazy in love

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record...

...another nice cable breakout this morning, banked my 40 pips just ahead of the MP, all done by 0830, just how I like to start the day :) Some I'm sure held for more like 70 pips but I'm well happy (y)

RS, missed the Beyonce revelation yesterday! hope you're not too upset Ken, what a tart!

P.S. Where is everyone?

Hey Ken
What a way to find out (n)! I don't think you are a tart at all, you have my sympathies
Julie - fantastic consistency, keep trading those breakouts, the account'll keep growing:clap:

Good morning all

I have chopped my DOW position as it broke back above the DP at 48 so only made 40 pips from yesterday’s trade. UJ was closed on the break of the 4hr 20ma at 93.90 for a loss of 35 pips… The DOW was all set to go but with all the good data out yesterday (except Morgan Stanley) it had no real drive behind it. Let’s be patient and trade with the trend where we can.

CABLE
• ALL CCI´s are suggesting further strength in GBP.
• However the 4hr chart is building into a Head and Shoulders pattern which would suggest a reversal.
• The Right shoulder is always hard to trade for a long, as all MA´s suggest further strength but then weakens.
• Strong resistance at 1.6559 which needs to be respected and it could be worth a small sell order just below with a tight stop above.
• I am in mixed minds as short term charts suggest a buy up to 1.6559, where as my longer term chart suggests for us to look for a sell ahead 1.6559.
• Temptation would say we could look for a break of 1.6503 (previous 1 hour reversal) up to old high at 1.6559.
• We could play this with a tight stop incase of pullback.

Morning all

Made about 2 pips in CABLE today so happy days!!!

I agree Paul we are all loving those breakouts. Lots of pips on Monday, none Tuesday, lots of pips Wednesday, none today...Maybe that means lots of pips tomorrow.

You all know my levels on where to trade Wall ST Future & CABLE. They shoudl certainly bring us more safe pips.

See u later.

D

USDX

Another slightly lame day for the dollar yesterday but still unable to penetrate that 4hr 20 moving average, and still looking weak overall
4hr chart tells me that daily trend is still weak as is 4hr trend but daily still oversold somewhat and either more consolidation or a little pullback towards the 4hr 50 moving average.
78.54 is the level it needs to break through on the downside to see the slide continue, whilst on the upside would need to penetrate that ever elusive 79.05.
15m chart tells a slightly different story. My little diagonal support from yesterday’s low has been broken, so room to the bottom of the 79.05 78.54 channel.
The 15m 20/50 are close to a bearish crossing.
60m 20/50 are in close proximity adding extra resistance to the daily pivot point region of 78.80.
Just needs to break previous low at 78.66 to confirm this.
General consensus is to an overall weaker dollar but there is still big potential for a pullback with what looks like a hugely overbought Dow Jones, so would look to take small anti-dollar positions with a view to closing them out as soon as we see the Dow stop.

Afternoon all

Ok its carnage out there but i am hoping that a few of u caught that break in Wall Street.

We spoke endlessly not to trade anything until either the 8800 or 8900 level was broken in Wall St Future.

As u can see from the chart it smashed 8900 in a big way...Some nice pips in the tin.

See u all tomorrow.

D

Attachments

• wallst230709.gif
    wallst230709.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 187
Having sat on this desk for nearly 8 years I have seen some pretty maddays in my time. First Moodys upgrade in Russia, Tnk Bp merger and nowwe have the 2009 QE bubble. I traded more times in the first 3 hours oftoday's session than I have in the last week, follow on demand for thenew Gazprom deals was unprecedented. Relative value went out the windowpushing the bonds through all the secondary curves by a country mile andevery man and his dog, cat and gerbil looking to buy this steal of thecentury. If ever you wanted evidence of the euphoria and the stupiditythat has engulfed us, was seeing Evraz 09s trading at -ve yield in5million. The market is on fire like I have never ever seen it beforeand as I said yesterday, stand in the way of it at your peril. At themoment every single new issue is a no brainer win win for anyone who islucky enough to get bonds. That in itself is fuelling the madnessfurther. In my experience there is no such thing as a free lunch or ano brainer so I am off to buy some handkerchiefs because I guarantee itall ends in tears!

Status
Not open for further replies.