It sucks

CrudelyTrading

I think SB sucks. If anyone has a good SB company to work with then I would be glad to hear about them.

The advantages are obvious as a UK citizen, but I have used Finspreads, Ig and CityIndex and had similar problems with all of them.

I enjoyed it for the start out, the charts are OK etc, but the pricing is crap. I don´t mind the spreads its the constant locking of platform, and the re-quoting.

Are there any SB companies who don´t do this ?

I don´t mind the spreads its the constant locking of platform, and the re-quoting.

Never had any such problems with IG or CS [no scalping] . Have you examined the possibility that it might be your kit or connection?

Who is CS ?

My kits fine when I use my US Direct Access Broker so I have to assume it it the SB Companies. The worst one for it is the company beginning with F which could be short for various words ! ! hehe

No problems with Finspreads or Capital Sspreads, though I am never usually on their platforms longer than an hour or so.

I used to find Capital Spreads ran like a lumbering elephant stuck in treacle, but I haven't tried them since the new platform.

IG seem reasonable.

Tradefair is a bit Java-intensive I think. OK most of the time, but every so often I seem to need to reboot to clear things out. The machine is a bit under-powered, but I think it could be memory leakage or whatever.

Used to use them; their spreads weren't too bad at the time. Seemed to get a lot worse.
Didn't have any problems with the platform.

I work for S&L, and I'm not aware of spreads getting at all worse, let alone a lot worse. Is there something you know that I don't?

I think SB sucks. If anyone has a good SB company to work with then I would be glad to hear about them.

The advantages are obvious as a UK citizen, but I have used Finspreads, Ig and CityIndex and had similar problems with all of them.

I enjoyed it for the start out, the charts are OK etc, but the pricing is crap. I don´t mind the spreads its the constant locking of platform, and the re-quoting.

A good SB ?

About as likely as a 'nice' case of herpes.

smartlive been OK for me so far
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/95342-redarts-smartlive-journal.html

tradefair were good in terms of speed of execution but the java platform was just way too basic.

However, they all seem to have come a long way from when I used CMC (deal4free at the time) a few years ago. I used them again breifly about 1 year ago and their spreads were still the same and their delays on quotes were the worst. Im suprised they are still in business what with the amount of competition.
Only thing ill say for them, is that when I very first started using them, they were really kind everytime I messed up and cancelled bad trades for me sometimes! lol. Like, I'd ring them and say 'I just went short accidentally and am losing' and they'd cancel the trade for me!

Also, another time, I woke up to find a £80 per point position on the dow running on my account. I always traded £1 per point with them, and it obviosly wasn't my trade. I realised that they'd put my dad's trade that he had just phoned through onto my account by accident (same surname obviously). I t was a free trade in my eyes. If it made profit I'd take it and be forever greatful, given that it at 80 TIMES my usual stake, and if it lost I would ring them and say 'what on earth is this trade?? I didn't do it'.
Unfortunately, as is my luck, it just kept going against me and i didn't want to wait for days and days for it to come back (which it didn't anyway) in case they said 'why didn't you contact us straight away' etc and it mught mean waiting longer to get my money back, if at all!

I work for S&L, and I'm not aware of spreads getting at all worse, let alone a lot worse. Is there something you know that I don't?

How long have you worked for them?

I think I opened my account very soon after they opened for business. What is it ... 2 years now?

Well the one I particularly remember was crude. I used to day trade crude with a 5 pip spread. I used to recommend it to people for that reason. Don't think it's that now.

To settle the discussion, why don't you go back and check the history of your spreads in say:

Crude
Gold
EUR/USD
GBP/USD
Bund

from the time of opening to the present day?

My memory may be faulty, but the statistics can't lie, can they? :)

I don't think it's much to ask considering the money I gave you! :)

I think I queried the increase in crude with the help email address, and was told, well, at least our stops are guaranteed with no extra charge [unlike IGIndex - my comment].

It's clear to me. Too many SBs chasing too few clients, exacerbated by a decline in the mug birthrate due to collapse of world economy.

How long have you worked for them?

I think I opened my account very soon after they opened for business. What is it ... 2 years now?

Well the one I particularly remember was crude. I used to day trade crude with a 5 pip spread. I used to recommend it to people for that reason. Don't think it's that now.

To settle the discussion, why don't you go back and check the history of your spreads in say:

Crude
Gold
EUR/USD
GBP/USD
Bund

from the time of opening to the present day?

My memory may be faulty, but the statistics can't lie, can they? :)

I don't think it's much to ask considering the money I gave you! :)

I think I queried the increase in crude with the help email address, and was told, well, at least our stops are guaranteed with no extra charge [unlike IGIndex - my comment].

I don’t doubt you at all. :p

I’ve been a trader here for less than a year, during which time we’ve only lowered our spreads.

These are our spreads on those markets as they're quoted now:

Crude 5
Gold .5
EUR/USD 3
GBP/USD 3
Bund 4

As you’ve kindly pointed out, all prices include a guaranteed stop. Also, we don't re-quote, move prices, have an ‘average price’ (where we can claim as-low-as prices), nor have an unreliable platform. AND we protect new accounts’ deposit up to £100 in their first two weeks of trading. :cool:

I don’t doubt you at all. :p

I’ve been a trader here for less than a year, during which time we’ve only lowered our spreads.

These are our spreads on those markets as they're quoted now:

Crude 5
Gold .5
EUR/USD 3
GBP/USD 3
Bund 4

As you’ve kindly pointed out, all prices include a guaranteed stop. Also, we don't re-quote, move prices, have an ‘average price’ (where we can claim as-low-as prices), nor have an unreliable platform. AND we protect new accounts’ deposit up to £100 in their first two weeks of trading. :cool:

Thanks Lume. Glad to be corrected about crude anyway.

I have to say that out of that list, EUR/USD stands out as being uncompetitive.

EDIT: I liked the simple but effective platform. It used to lack charts, but I know you have added them since.

Thanks Lume. Glad to be corrected about crude anyway.

I have to say that out of that list, EUR/USD stands out as being uncompetitive.

EDIT: I liked the simple but effective platform. It used to lack charts, but I know you have added them since.

Just spoke to one of IG’s lovely customer helpers, who assured me their typical spread on EUR/USD is 2, not guaranteed. Guessing that they charge maybe 2 pips for the risk premium, I’d say we’re cheaper than the market leader.

POW :cheesy: