The Market Maker 'Myth'

Do you trade manually or use orders? When I work out my entry levels I have less problems with an order- don't have to watch it, either.

Hi Splitlink
Both of them - depending on a set up. Agree with you - I found it easier to use orders (unless the price is moving quickly and I need to enter straight away). Only thing they come with smaller or bigger slippage.

Ok, so I have the wrong mind because I scalp using SB. What's even more wrong is all my scalps work and none of my longer term positions work.

See some of my wrongness from just now. Did someone wants to see 10 winning trades ?

119146d1311245623-market-maker-myth-trade.jpg

:) That has happened to me, this morning. I have been scalping my way back because of a stupid first trade. Because of my advanced years :cheesy: I have been toying with farther away stops. I've decided that it is difficult to teach an old dog new tricks. I am happier snatching quicker profits. Not scalping, necessarily, but closer stops, which means closer targets, too.

Ok, so I have the wrong mind because I scalp using SB. What's even more wrong is all my scalps work and none of my longer term positions work.

See some of my wrongness from just now. Did someone wants to see 10 winning trades ?

Jesus Joe, fine you're scalping on IG with .75p trades. S/B companies ain't built for scalping, they don't like it. You need an ECN broker or something. Fine .75p scalps cool, amazing, try doing it with £10pp and see how many re-quotes, market not available, current price not available and eventually slippage the size of my a$$ after a night on the beers you get. S/B is built for those who like to intraday trade at the very least.

I'm not saying scalping isn't a viable way of making money, trading and plans need to suit whoever is using them, swing trading aint for you, scalping is, you like to feel busy, I can see that, just don't try scalping on a S/B company ;)

Jesus Joe, fine you're scalping on IG with .75p trades. S/B companies ain't built for scalping, they don't like it. You need an ECN broker or something. Fine .75p scalps cool, amazing, try doing it with £10pp and see how many re-quotes, market not available, current price not available and eventually slippage the size of my a$$ after a night on the beers you get. S/B is built for those who like to intraday trade at the very least.

I'm not saying scalping isn't a viable way of making money, trading and plans need to suit whoever is using them, swing trading aint for you, scalping is, you like to feel busy, I can see that, just don't try scalping on a S/B company ;)

probably best you avoid barrymores pool parties in future s/f:)

It's ok if you don't mind being rejected entry 7 times within 4 minutes.

I just spoke to someone else and they said they had about 6 re quotes in 8 months

I may try the demo service and see how that goes, as its exactly the same as live apparently

I really want MT4 lol

I just spoke to someone else and they said they had about 6 re quotes in 8 months

I may try the demo service and see how that goes, as its exactly the same as live apparently

I really want MT4 lol

Doom, why don't you open demo with Alpari or similar. They give you MT4 for free.

About re-quotes - funny. I had 7 refused in 4 minutes and the other guy had 6 in 8 months. Just out of curiosity - is he a profitable trader?

Last edited:
Alpari would be great if Dax and FTSE were 1 point spread and not 1.5 -.-

And the person i spoke to, i have no idea i made an MT4 SB thread in the spread betting section