Is this a genuine company or a scam?

I'm sure many years ago if someone called offering to invest in solar energy or wind turbines it would of be laughed at, but now these renewable energy sources could be are future and is now considered a commodity.

Not at all from companies that had proper backing (verified), had management that could be 'verified' (ie, not crappy management bios that say 'has 10 years working in the industry for some of the biggest players), had proper websites that gave investors A LOT of verified information about the company (lawyers used, accountants employed, that sort of thing). And so on.

Folks, it's not the carbon credit market we're warning people about, that is legit, no doubt about that. Rather it's the fly by night operators who use the market to target the naive and foolish into parting with their money, and PART with it they will as so many investors have found out at their peril.

Not at all from companies that had proper backing (verified), had management that could be 'verified' (ie, not crappy management bios that say 'has 10 years working in the industry for some of the biggest players), had proper websites that gave investors A LOT of verified information about the company (lawyers used, accountants employed, that sort of thing). And so on.

Folks, it's not the carbon credit market we're warning people about, that is legit, no doubt about that. Rather it's the fly by night operators who use the market to target the naive and foolish into parting with their money, and PART with it they will as so many investors have found out at their peril.

Fair comments. The problem is that the warnings about particular markets tend ot come out after the damage has been done. Yes I was naive in parting with my money and it is a lesson learned. But it doesn't mean that I am going to sit back and moan and weep - I am looking for an exit that does not involve me parting with a significant amout more cash. Fonze experience, plus my own research, made me think that parting with a small fee was worth the risk. Only time will tell and I relate back what happens.

Alternative markets are not all bad, but can be more risky. Would I touch Rare Earth Metals - no. But fine wine, diamonds, stamps and others are relatively mature. That doesn't mean jump in with the first broker or taht every investment will be successful.

Fair comments. The problem is that the warnings about particular markets tend ot come out after the damage has been done. Yes I was naive in parting with my money and it is a lesson learned. But it doesn't mean that I am going to sit back and moan and weep - I am looking for an exit that does not involve me parting with a significant amout more cash. Fonze experience, plus my own research, made me think that parting with a small fee was worth the risk. Only time will tell and I relate back what happens.

Alternative markets are not all bad, but can be more risky. Would I touch Rare Earth Metals - no. But fine wine, diamonds, stamps and others are relatively mature. That doesn't mean jump in with the first broker or taht every investment will be successful.

What about some land banking, that seems to be about the only scam you haven't covered?

@PBOYLES Exactly ;-) These people are crazy right....ha ha....the trading software.....it's absolutely absurd

@PBOYLES Exactly ;-) These people are crazy right....ha ha....the trading software.....it's absolutely absurd

Yes desperately looking for evidence that its genuine whilst simultaneously ignoring all the evidence that it is a scam. It's called wishful thinking and its why scams exist in the first place.

What about some land banking, that seems to be about the only scam you haven't covered?

Err... I have successfully invested in fine wine for many years - not through buying individual cases, but through a collective investment which has produced double digit returns for many years. Actually less volatile than the stock market. Again, as I said there are plenty of dodgy brokers out there, but that doesn't prove the market as a whole is bad as my experience shows.

So Pboyles, given this is a trading forum, please share with us your trading secrets that have obviously made you so successful?

So Pboyles, given this is a trading forum, please share with us your trading secrets that have obviously made you so successful?

Never get involved with anything to do with trading or investments.

Yes I was naive in parting with my money and it is a lesson learned.

We all are some of the time Mike, including me in my past not with investments though. I was a sucker in my youth for the $99 systems and trading strategies :)

It's important that you realise this and admit it because now you're on your GUARD. Sadly many people can't quite accept they've been foolish and the scammers LOVE it because it offers them a great opportunity to scam some more because the victims still have 'HOPE' of getting back their lost capital. This is what the scammers then target, the hope via recovery room scams, that sort of thing.

More Carbon Credit follies from good old Tony Heatherington, the financial journalist who loves to exposes the cheats, frauds, shysters, conmen etc -

TONY HETHERINGTON: Carbon credit 20% profit boast that went up in smoke | This is Money

Folks, if you've been conned by an offshore broker take special note of the 3rd letter in the above article. This is known as a 'recovery room' scam. Basically promise a big pay day, but for the client to receive the big bag od juicy cash he/she will first have to pay a 'refundable' fee. However the story is spun, and it's always spun similar to this (note the crappy made up name the "International Corporate Trading Number") the client will again lose all that money as the people calling are the same thieves that sold the worthless stock.

More Carbon Credit follies from good old Tony Heatherington, the financial journalist who loves to exposes the cheats, frauds, shysters, conmen etc -

TONY HETHERINGTON: Carbon credit 20% profit boast that went up in smoke | This is Money

Folks, if you've been conned by an offshore broker take special note of the 3rd letter in the above article. This is known as a 'recovery room' scam. Basically promise a big pay day, but for the client to receive the big bag od juicy cash he/she will first have to pay a 'refundable' fee. However the story is spun, and it's always spun similar to this (note the crappy made up name the "International Corporate Trading Number") the client will again lose all that money as the people calling are the same thieves that sold the worthless stock.

MH Carbon were a classic case of this. There comes a point this becomes mis-representation in law - which (if proven) allows you to render the contract null and you get your money back (plus interest). Here's the issues: 1 You have to show mis-representation (better in writing than on the basis of an alleged promise over the phone). 2. The contract in the small print will say that any representations (i.e. promises) cannot be relied on. So you go to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 - which basically states that if a company has a Term in the Contract that is unreasonable for the consumer to understand and places him/her at a disadvantage it cannot be used. This probably falls under that so in theory you get your money back.

The good news is that the contract is with CarbonEx (the wholesaler) and under the agency/principal principle they are ultimately liable. The bad news is that they employ expensive lawyers to keep you at bay and use delaying tactics. They rely on the fact that the costs of taking them to court will be large and if you lose you will have to (probably) pay their costs as well as yours - all likely to be more than you invested in the first place. So they reckon you will bottle out. Its a high stakes game.

I'm looking for anyone who was subject to misrepresentation by Carbonex (or a broker where the contract was with Carbonex) as I have their promise (which turned out to be a lie) in writing. A class action reduces the individual costs and makes it more likely Carbonex will settle out of court.

The two wholesalers who supply credits to the majority of brokers in the Carbon market are Carbonex (based in Lux) and Carbon Neutral Investments (CNI) who are UK based FSA regulated. If you have been mis-sold credits through broker with CarbonEx you can go after them (as I am) via the agency principle. Can't do that if broker through CNI as they are not on the contract. But you will probably have paid your money to a CNI account. I bought credits in a project (named in the contract) where CNI gave me projects in another project. They are telling me that it was their suppliers fault;the credits are all VERs and essentally 'equal' and have given me 5% extra. I don't think so. Simple breach of contract. I'm awaiting their response. They can argue the contract isn't with them. But my card is that if I make a stink with the FSA they may be in deep trouble.

CNI are a joke, The FSA approval is miss informed they are not aloud to handle money and yet we have to pay them directly for carbon credits. They have changed bank account numerous times always with some elaborate story and if you call them they explain they only deal with business offsets. This is obviously to cover there back as they got numerous brokers acting on there behalf and many of them are actually owned by the MD of CNI, class of interest I think.

CNI are a joke, The FSA approval is miss informed they are not aloud to handle money and yet we have to pay them directly for carbon credits. They have changed bank account numerous times always with some elaborate story and if you call them they explain they only deal with business offsets. This is obviously to cover there back as they got numerous brokers acting on there behalf and many of them are actually owned by the MD of CNI, class of interest I think.

OK, guess I'll have to see what the FSA says if they refuse to accept clear breach of contract.

OK, guess I'll have to see what the FSA says if they refuse to accept clear breach of contract.

CNI won't give a toss about breach of contract, the guys working for these outfits have previous experience with dodgy dealings. Bunch of jokers the lot of them.

https://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/indivBasicDetails.do?area51=true&sid=685450

https://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/indivHistory.do?sid=685450

Rogue share trader Wills & Co escape £1.5m fine by shutting down - Investigations

CNI and many of them are actually owned by the MD of CNI, class of interest I think.

indeed there is a link with at least one company that uses cni.

enviro associates is one such entity, plenty of dirt on google about them. the company secretary of enviro is vaeron limited, a director of vaeron is one and the same as cni.

Company Check - Free company financial check on CARBON NEUTRAL INVESTMENTS LIMITED. Registered number 05136014. Free company accounts. Companies House information

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07526052#people-tab

https://www.duedil.com/company/07241915/vaeron-finance-limited/people

CNI are a joke, The FSA approval is miss informed they are not aloud to handle money and yet we have to pay them directly for carbon credits.

Not sure what it means that they are not allowed to handle client money yet we pay them directly?? Not surprisingly they have referred me back to the broker.

Re: Noble wealth management.

[QUIE=Googlezone;1999390]Been offered a com only job with them in dubai. Anyone heard of them.
Want to put this as a new thread but not sure how?[/QUOTE]

Hi im new to the forum.
My son has been offered a job the noble wealth.
I'm very sceptical of a position where you are working just on commisin
A 3 month offer with no guarantee of an income.
Did you find any more about this company.

Re: Noble wealth management.

is it worth my son trying a job in dubai with noble wealth, or he just be wasting his money on all the cost and walking away with nothing