is there ANY way at all to bet on the pure ftse 100 cash?

Chartsy

Experienced member
i've asked about and it seems that via spreadbetting and even CFDs you never get to actually trade the FTSE cash, instead what you get is a mix between the futures price and fair value jumbo, i think this is misleading- any way to prove me wrong? i am considering a ftse 100 cash open strategy but it wouldn't work if the futures prices were used

i've asked about and it seems that via spreadbetting and even CFDs you never get to actually trade the FTSE cash, instead what you get is a mix between the futures price and fair value jumbo, i think this is misleading- any way to prove me wrong? i am considering a ftse 100 cash open strategy but it wouldn't work if the futures prices were used

The futures will not deviate from the cash price by any significant degree because of arbitrageurs.

If your concern is movements outside of the cash times, then just use no stops overnight, which would be no different to running an overnight position in the cash...

i was thinking of a bracket buy and sell stop at the ftse cash open , hold for 1 minute bar close but obviously such momentum doesn't exist in the futures with much consistency. ah well

Please understand that LSE stocks don't open all at once... there's no point in developing a strategy that only works if your could buy/sell things that are not open.

Sorry.

there's no point in developing a strategy that only works if your could buy/sell things that are not open.

IMO, this is what alot of indicator using traders do... they buy the FTSE as a proxy for the overbought RSI, for example.

You must have clicked on wrong lady. PM me and I'll make sure we're on the same page :)

Chratsy, you are a cad... But I know yer site. Let's try again, eh ;)

I ain't mentioning your site, on the basis you don't mention waterfield's copy and pasting. Let's call it mutually assured destruction ;)