Is the concept of momentum and trend trading flawed?

I have to admit I can't find it either. Here's the trick I use to see what they are doing: I have positions all over the place and see what they do with those. There would be no guess work then.

Here's an actual example. My short position is on the yellow line. They wanted me out. So they drag the price along the line and pray I would get out. Since I am familiar with their entire play book, I will not be getting out until they pay me. In the end, I will win.

244012d1501341892-concept-momentum-trend-trading-flawed-nasdaq.jpg

I wouldn't sell it before 5924.24, or if I really wanted in, 5920.51, but I see why you're there

Looks like you'll be on a long break ;)

My gut sd indicator says pretty imminent. If my gut turned out to be right, I wonder what will happen to all the trend followers ?

The play on my position suggests they have no interest in running me out by lifting the price. They are using the praying technique.

Are you saying that you couldn't find that trick all over the charts, or that you didn't bother to look?

If you want to call me paranoid, fine, I can take it, but only if you explain why.

If not, how am I wrong?

Would admitting that I may be right be a conflict of your interests?

I'm happy to not bother explaining anything to you.

However, you seem to be suggesting that trends are deliberately set up by the big players as traps so they can suck in the small players and take their money by reversing the trend. You seem to take the view that you have direct opponents in the market who are the big banks who have set themselves up as corporations specifically to take private retail traders' money, and whom you must out-smart and out-manoeuvre in every trade.

I think if you see a problem as what it isn't, you'll never find the solution.

By the way, do you also believe in The New World Order, or weather modification using chemtrails?

Ah, I see you're a believer in the news and gods and governments.

It's a shame for you you can't get past your cognitive dissonance and become enlightened.

Of course the market is a carefully manipulated scam! Why else do you think shorting is allowed???!!!
I'm sure you don't understand that it's a vehicle to drop the value of something real using a fiat currency produced out of thin air.

Do I believe that the World is an empire? No, I have the wisdom and courage to know that it is!

I'm not at all sure where this discussion takes us :confused:

I see trends on the chart and trends within those trends which enables me to take plenty of money out of the market. Suits me fine :D

news and ...

I used to dismiss news completely. Now I find it quite useful. For instance, the first moment they shouted recently: everyone buy wheat now, I jumped on it and sold. Then they continued shouting buy wheat buy wheat for a few more weeks. The problem was I was too early even though I was right.

The news story was like an advertising campaign, it continued for a while until the merchants sold out. So the best moment of entry was not at the beginning of the campaign but closer to the end. More profit there. If you don't use news, you aught to. It adds profit and is a superb timing device.

Last edited:
Ah, I see you're a believer in the news and gods and governments.

It's a shame for you you can't get past your cognitive dissonance and become enlightened.

Of course the market is a carefully manipulated scam! Why else do you think shorting is allowed???!!!
I'm sure you don't understand that it's a vehicle to drop the value of something real using a fiat currency produced out of thin air.

Do I believe that the World is an empire? No, I have the wisdom and courage to know that it is!

The market is not a scam in the sense of a deliberately designed and managed scheme that is created only to take money by illicit means. Of course its possible to lose money in the market but that doesn't make it a scam, its just business.

Look at it another way - is a motorway a scam because its possible to have a crash? Is a roulette wheel a scam because its possible to lose a bet? Is your employer a scammer because its possible you can get the sack?

Your reasoning that because bad things happen, you and we are therefore victims, is childish.

On another psychological level, people who portray that they understand the workings and plots of the elite who run things from behind the scenes are themselves claiming an elite status. I see no evidence you have earned such a status.

As for the world, its not an empire ruled by an intelligent entity or group, its a series of loosely linked mobs that nobody can fully control.

I'm not at all sure where this discussion takes us :confused:

I see trends on the chart and trends within those trends which enables me to take plenty of money out of the market. Suits me fine :D

I see big debunking/rebuttal team here , that will contradict everything , that real traders experience in live markets.Very difficult to know if any of you trade for real.

Attachments

• forum fakes.jpg
    forum fakes.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 195
The market is not a scam in the sense of a deliberately designed and managed scheme that is created only to take money by illicit means. Of course its possible to lose money in the market but that doesn't make it a scam, its just business.

Look at it another way - is a motorway a scam because its possible to have a crash? Is a roulette wheel a scam because its possible to lose a bet? Is your employer a scammer because its possible you can get the sack?

Your reasoning that because bad things happen, you and we are therefore victims, is childish.

On another psychological level, people who portray that they understand the workings and plots of the elite who run things from behind the scenes are themselves claiming an elite status. I see no evidence you have earned such a status.

As for the world, its not an empire ruled by an intelligent entity or group, its a series of loosely linked mobs that nobody can fully control.

Oh , you really are brainwashed!
You just continue on your delusion, waiting to die, so you can go to heaven, and get a big hug from your imaginary friend in the sky. Just don't forget to rack up massive national debts sending your children to murder their way around the planet so your "loosely linked mobs" can at last control the production of all currencies on it.

You just continue on your delusion, waiting to die, so you can go to heaven, and get a big hug from your imaginary friend in the sky. Just don't forget to rack up massive national debts sending your children to murder their way around the planet so your "loosely linked mobs" can at last control the production of all currencies on it.

Why don't you guys start your journals and post trades in advance , like I do.
There is no better way to prove your points , than a live trades journal.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OK, happy with that.

But it's very easy for you to tell none of us suffers from psychology problem. We hardly mention the word.

How can the hindsight trends club suffer anything , if they only trade it in hindsight.Most trends are only visible in hindsight the ones that materialized , the ones that broke down at support or resistance never were trends.

Attachments

• hindsight.gif
    hindsight.gif
    57.1 KB · Views: 240
  • hind.jpg
    hind.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 226
How can the hindsight trends club suffer anything , if they only trade it in hindsight.Most trends are only visible in hindsight the ones that materialized , the ones that broke down at support or resistance never were trends.

No use telling me. I don't do trends, psychology or anything else. I just coat tail merchants only. If merchants tell people to buy while they sell, I sell.

No use telling me. I don't do trends, psychology or anything else. I just coat tail merchants only. If merchants tell people to buy while they sell, I sell.

But you can see these merchants gathering at trendlines and support /resistance areas.Do you know what merchants these areas represent?Blue lines are merchants's gathering areas , red are selling areas

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 228
But you can see these merchants gathering at trendlines and support /resistance areas.Do you know what merchants these areas represent?Blue lines are merchants's gathering areas , red are selling areas

No I can't see any merchants there. Merchants often go on the news to advertise their warez. They don't care about charts or support and resistance. All they care about is money as represented by positions.