Is my avatar offensive & in really poor taste for this kind of forum?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
Yup, basic idea.

OK, people do get picked up there just like anywhere else where two people are mutually attracted, be it in a club, supermarket or plane lol, but its got to be mutual obviously.

You start a conversation and the other side doesn't respond then thats it.

Anyone abusing that and going on, trying to pick someone up who doesn't want to be picked up, would probably get kicked out, and rightly.

RU/have you been a member of a fitness club yourself where this is common place?

And does the bathing costume/no bathing costume issue make absolutely no difference whatsoever to the mood/atmosphere/intent that exists within the facility/s? Or does it add a little bit of a XXX factor?

One member seems to think so.

However, i prefer to get a feel for the general consensus, before contemplating widesweeping changes.

Perhaps my avator is offensive?

Perhaps the complainant needs to lighten up?

Perhaps seeing my avatar as offensive demonstrates a conscious, or unconscious acceptance of contemporary extreme parochial Christian Fundamentalist ideology/s that seem to have gained strength in some parts of the western world??

Does this incident highlight some of the very problems that are fundamental to forms of social degradation that are prevalent in modern society? If so, how?

Personally, i don't see my avatar as offensive. For me, it is anything but. I believe there is great joy to be had in viewing a fine example of the female form in a bathing costume. For me, there is only one thing better than this, and that would involve viewing the female form NOT in a bathing costume..........but thats just my opinion, and i may well be a shovanistic pig, for all i know....

Please enlighten me -

What do you guys think?

PS. The poll result will decide the future of the avatar!

I think the T2W technical whiz-kids should help out here.

They could provide us with an "Ignore avatar" option on a member, whereby avatars we object to are replaced by an inoffensive picture of our choosing e.g. a couple of puppies or a pussy

Charlton

RU/have you been a member of a fitness club yourself where this is common place?

And does the bathing costume/no bathing costume issue make absolutely no difference whatsoever to the mood/atmosphere/intent that exists within the facility/s? Or does it add a little bit of a XXX factor?

Haha this is interesting you what mate :D

I go swimming once a week in a place where they have a nice pool, and some 15 or so different saunas, and, hey, what can one say, of course a lot of pretty naked girls adds a zing, but again, its all perfectly well behaved with absolutely no assholes pushing themselves on others who aren't interested being tolerated, and people don't stare either, you have families going there with their kids,you have singles, couples, old, young, the whole bag, and, again like everywhere on this planet where you have two people who are mutually attracted, there will be people starting conversations, and where that ends up is then obviously up to them.

Well, they have dry saunas, wet saunas, hotter and less hot saunas, biosaunas with strange light sequences supposed to calm you but that just irritate the living daylights out of me lol, steam baths, etc.

I go there for like 2 hours or so, but for a lot of the families its a day excursion - you buy tickets for depending on the place 2 hours, 4 hrs, or a day type of thing), so they need some variety for the kids. (And for themselves too lol)

Also, its a size thing, there can probably be a few hundred people there at a time, so you need some space and enough saunas for em all.

Funny thing btw, my wife is from Finland - where the sauna is from - and while Scandinavia is generally extremely liberal where boy - girl things are concerned, but up there saunas are seperated.

After the sauna they'll sit together outside wrapped up in towels and drink beer, but the actual sauna itself is seperate.

No idea since when thats the case actually, will have to check that out next time I'm up there.

Ahh Split, you're a bit of a conundrum, see, you're definitely trés successful and of the highest reputation, but the problem is you're trading from the lofty position of not actually having to trade any more as a wealthy retiree, so, while from a standpoint of net profits and reputability you definitely need including, I'm not sure if thats fair to us working stiffs needing to slog it to reach your elevated rank, while you just choose to trade out of solidarity to us and to motivate us on our gruelling journey.

Hmm.

Difficult that.

:D

Don't worry about it. I don't mind being a conundrum. I sounds very.....diferent. :cool:

Haha this is interesting you what mate :D

I go swimming once a week in a place where they have a nice pool, and some 15 or so different saunas, and, hey, what can one say, of course a lot of pretty naked girls adds a zing, but again, its all perfectly well behaved with absolutely no assholes pushing themselves on others who aren't interested being tolerated, and people don't stare either, you have families going their with their kids,you have singles, couples, old, young, the whole bag, and, again like everywhere on this planet where you have two people who are mutually attracted, there will be people starting conversations, and where that ends up is then obviously up to them.

It is very interesting. Probably as its such a stark contrast to the UK. I guess its something you'd get used to though.

In the UK, there are many purpose built fitness clubs around, that have up to 4000 members. These tend to be open 16 hours per day, 7 days per week. They are often on the edge of towns, within retail parks, or standing alone built next to a busy commuter road.

They look something like this -

P6071153.jpg

item83487.jpg

fitness-first1-430.jpg

Greens Health and Fitness

Do you have these types of gyms/fitness clubs in Germany, and in these types of fitness clubs, does the mixed nudity exist?

Cheers.

"After the sauna they'll sit together outside wrapped up in towels and drink beer"

Combine this with your saunas and it's ideal.

Don't worry about it. I don't mind being a conundrum. I sounds very.....diferent. :cool:

Do you have these types of gyms/fitness clubs in Germany, and in these types of fitness clubs, does the mixed nudity exist?

Cheers.

Oh yeah we have those.

You're not actually training naked though lol, but the better ones have saunas for after the training, and they're mixed and nude then again.

"After the sauna they'll sit together outside wrapped up in towels and drink beer"

Combine this with your saunas and it's ideal.

Haha, exactly !

Oh yeah we have those.

You're not actually training naked though lol, but the better ones have saunas for after the training, and they're mixed and nude then again.

Haha, exactly !

Oh yes, i probably wouldn't want to watch someone doing naked squats, lunges or Roman deadlifts! (health & safety!) or would i :idea::LOL:

Sounds good (y).
Where do i sign? ;)

I lived over there from 75-81 but my German seems ok when talking to others on holiday. Maybe I should think about moving back.

Look what I (or German sauna habits more like it hehe) are doing for tourism / immigration here, have to go to Berlin and present Angela with my bill for spreading the news I think :)

Yeah, they don't do pics of people naked in the sauna, I mean that'd be a bit odd what, so if they have pics of the sauna at all then sometimes peeps will be shown wrapped up in towels, but go there live and people are there as God made us.

It's just not seen as a big deal kind of thing I suppose is the best way of describing it.

;-)

Thinking back to when I was in Berlin, we used to go to a nudist beach by the Havel and I don't remember any problems there either.

Yeah, they don't do pics of people naked in the sauna, I mean that'd be a bit odd what, so if they have pics of the sauna at all then sometimes peeps will be shown wrapped up in towels, but go there live and people are there as God made us.

It's just not seen as a big deal kind of thing I suppose is the best way of describing it.

;-)

I consider myself something of an honorary German then. I like the game plan!

Is this naked trend in fitness clubs prevalent right across Germany, East & West, big cities like Berlin & Frankfurt, and smaller towns also?

ps. its interesting to note that these 2 fitness club chains in Germany are UK owned....and that the language on the websites is both a mixture of Englisch und Deutsch.

Well thats good then :)

RE spread of this custom, yup, its everywhere, from north to south, west to east.

Don't know about villages lol, but definitely in all big cities.

Chose those two chains for their english language versions.

Not that you guys need that.