Is Mr Charts for real?

BJ is Mr Charts :-0

schizophrenia.jpg

Well if BJ is BS, then I reckon those are actual account statements still!

If not, I'm stumped as to who has disappeared and not come back already. I thought all were accounted for in one form or another...

Go & click that vendor badge, try to understand what the product is, then come back on here and tell me how I'm any different from the guys who produced Tradestation, CGQ, NinjaTrader or any other platform that provides you with charts/depth/time & sales.

That just reminded me of something else with NT you could maybe add.
I know backtesting isn't your thing, there is a demand for better historical tick data
handling in NT7 though.

Main issues are:
Import timestamps only resolve down to 1sec :rolleyes:
Memory usage problems.
Better import options allowing format of large text files at internal import stage of NT.
Search of NT tech support forums will give more detail.

There are workarounds for all these, but they are a serious PITA - thats why most
use TS or Ami for this kind of work then port the script to NT after.

Might be worth approaching NT directly about the possibility of
integrating your stuff at source if the money is right and you haven't already gone down that route.

LV - the couple of products I wrote were actually written for my own benefit. I don't have the time/energy to create new products that aren't primarily of benefit to me. I think that if I did produce something I wasn't interested in using, it'd be fairly crap to those with an interest in that area. I'd miss out the key features.

What would actually make more sense for me is an API layer so that my stuff can hook up directly to data feeds and not rely on NT. Still - I don't actually need that either...

The market is a weird place. Most people have blown up/given up way before they look into order flow and many that do want instructions/training with the product. It really is a minority that try the product, know what they want to do with it and then make a purchase. So - the issue isn't product or platform, it's that people want/need their hands holding. That's why you have people like OFA offering tools, training & wizardry.

To make the big $$$, I'd actually need to train people to use the products. So that it would be a one stop shop.

To me, that's a step too far. I wouldn't enjoy it. It would use up too much of my free time and I wouldn't be very good at it.

Aaaaaah, the irony.

No dice. It doesn't matter to me if you are half a vendor, a pretend vendor, a noob vendor, or any other kind of vendor, I am not interested. Fun discussions with me for the whys and wherefors are only possible with a non-vendor. If you log in as a non-vendor multinick, that would be acceptable to me. To frustrate your further, here's the current stats:

122654d1316892750-mr-charts-real-nodice.jpg

Attachments

• nodice.jpg
    nodice.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,094
No dice. It doesn't matter to me if you are half a vendor, a pretend vendor, a noob vendor, or any other kind of vendor, I am not interested. Fun discussions with me for the whys and wherefors are only possible with a non-vendor. If you log in as a non-vendor multinick, that would be acceptable to me. To frustrate your further, here's the current stats:

:sleep:
You bore me son, now go play in the sand pit with the other kiddies.

Peter

How would this frustrate anyone? We've already seen Howie & Spanish do the same thing.

Is there some reason you can't post an actual statement????

Last edited:
First let's disginuish between the long term vendors on here who have made valuable contributions over a period of time and have helped quite a few traders either via thread posts or PM's. These vendors clearly add value to t2w and so their vendor status and marketing, within reason, is generally accepted. Whether their methods work or not is another topic.

Then we have the newbie poster who flashes cool looking multi-colored charts, fancy market analysys, and/or act like total newbies and throw in a few links. They are seeking one thing only and that's subscriptions and revenue. They add no value to t2w whatsoever and wouldn't help out their grandmother unless she bought a subscription.

That's the difference.

Peter

well said P....well said....:cool:

N

so go and enjoy it ...........why bother us ? :confused:

N