Is Mr Charts for real?

Like the rest, you couldn't be bothered to start at the beginning of the story. But it doesn't matter. The strategy is still being developed and will take time to mature and to perfect. Writting off something you don't know much about is premature. As I will be here for a long time to come, not withstanding a ban, you will be able to observe steady progress being made. Effectly I am redering a system in full public view as a retort against all these clowns who like to claim they have something while not being able to back up their claims with a simple statement or equivalent.

BJ

Well, I'm sorry not to have seen that start of your story - I was just going by what you have said and your seeming equanimity in standing enormous drawdowns for minimal gain. If you are not doing that, then fine. If you are doing that, then search through the boards and you will find many shipwrecks where the captains have set sail with the same plan only to hit the rocks - albeit that some with charmed lives sailed around merrily for some time before disaster struck.

jon

Jon, is there any way to get responses from people you don't have on ignore to bods you do have on ignore, to be ignored – just the quoted bit?

This is a bit like passive smoking - I get just as sick seeing it in a quote box...

As a (major) aside:

There are two primary elements to trading: Analysis and Execution.

Those that do really well day in and day out are those that do just one or the other. Unfortunately, the majority of retail traders, through a combination of necessity, stupidity and ignorance, do both. Most are (or think they are) pretty hot on the analysis side. But when they look back at why they DID what they did WHEN they did it, having done all that good analysis, they often wonder why they did what they did when they did.

If you can’t afford a team of quants and a team of traders and you have to do the whole job yourself, keep your focus on the analysis and make like a monkey with the execution. That’s 99% brain-work and 1% monkey hit button/monkey keep fingers off buttons.

(Of course, if you’re crap at the analysis too, they no amount of basic chimp-work will help…)

Mr Bramble,

*********... that certainly used to do what you require although I don't know if it will still work.

Last edited:
is there any way to get responses from people you don't have on ignore to bods you do have on ignore, to be ignored – just the quoted bit?

No you can't. People always think they can make computers do things when they don't have the necessary skillz. The reality is more difficult than that and takes years of work and experience. My expert advice that's guranteed to work is turn off the computer.

Can anyone tell me if Arabian said anything worthwhile. Can't be arsed to take him off ignore.

Is any trading vendor for real?

I don't know.

Agree with BJ - difficult to say without a verifiable 3 year track record.

IMO A bit of healthy scepticism is always good when thinking about paying for the training.

DT, I rarely use the ignore function on the basis that accidentally, even a total pr|ck might say something that takes me off down a useful tangent, but this clown is one of the few that has managed to say absolutely nothing of interest in over 1000 posts.

The bliss of seeing that he's posted and I don't have to read them anymore....

So, BJ, join the club. You're in good company with recent recruits roarson and joseff. They were just accidentally asinine. I'm sure you'll show them how to be completely clueless.

Were Joseff's jokes that bad?

Yes, I know one for real. He keeps saying cr*p about my trades. I think he's trying to convince me to sign up with him for training or something.

As much as you need it, it's not something I do. As for the stuff I sell, it would probably be of no use to you either at this stage in the journey. Funny thing is - I started off exactly where you are. Attempting to apply my technical skills to the markets. I probably put in 2 years at this before I did a huge analysis project to do statistical modelling on the various items we see in TA books. The result of this modelling showed me that the markets are not mathematical. Of course, if you are arb trading, then statistical models can be applied but for trading outright directional positions, the answer is more in emotion than math.

Scalping off a chart in forex is a tough game in my opinion. Mostly because the market is one dimensional. You have charts but you don't have volume, tape or a DOM. The tape/delta and DOM are Godsends in the futures markets.

You obviously need to work on the entries. For me, it seems that no matter what other people taught me on the topic - which was Mr Charts, Joel Parker, Brian Hoffman and also I spent time looking at free resource from FT71 - it seems that I couldn't fit any of these methods onto me in exactly the way they taught. My results were sporadic but much better than before the training.

What I could do though was see things based on what they taught that let me define the method that suited me. So - training didn't give me a cookie cutter system to trade, it gave me an understanding which I needed to apply to my own style.

I think part of the problem is that if you talk to someone that has been doing something for 5-10 years, is that the one thing they cannot impart is their experience. It's a bit like having golf lessons off Tiger. I'd never be as good as him at what he does. Still, I'd eventually be able to hold my own.

Now - I can hand on heart say that I would still take additional training. There is no need to stand still in your trading just like it's no need to stand still in your IT career. The problem is at this stage, I don't know if there's anything missing. I guess when I see the right thing, I'll jump at it.

For a scalper - entry is everything. Ideally you need to get in and out on limit orders and you cannot chase a trade. This nailing of the entry point is only something you can teach yourself with pointers from someone that has already made it in that respect. Understand it, trade it, figure out which methods apply best to you an stick to them

For Forex, you should drop the SIM account. Get a demo at Mirus with Ninja/Zenfire and an account at Oanda where you can trade for pennies. Use Ninja/Zenfire to analyze the futures market (eg the 6E) and then trade the EUR/USD in very small size on Oanda.This does not have to break you but you will find that when there is real money on the line - even if it is just a fee $$$ per trade - this is how you will improve.

Also - stop asking people for account statements. The community will give back if you are nice to people. If you are just annoying, you will not see much in terms of solid replies to your quest.