is it really this bad?

kmthor

Im in the UK and would like to start trading a bit but im finding it very different to Australia were im from.
It seems that all brokers have a spread on the price? and then they also have a fee I have seen no brokers offering shorts and it seems most if not all are market makers.
Im not interested in CFDs and that seems really big over here at the moment
I am astonished at how unbelievably bad the brokering services are in the UK with a complete lack of true access to the market.
Am I missing something or do you just put up with the sh1t service?

Ax*******

They are from your side of the world and ofder UK accounts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A x I t r a d E r

Site blocking broker names

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Im in the UK and would like to start trading a bit but im finding it very different to Australia were im from.
It seems that all brokers have a spread on the price? and then they also have a fee I have seen no brokers offering shorts and it seems most if not all are market makers.
I am astonished at how unbelievably bad the brokering services are in the UK with a complete lack of true access to the market.

Welcome to the UK. If you are finding the service of our brokers sh1t, maybe you should try another country.

All the best,
Lee

Is direct market access absolutely necessary?

In the UK you also get the opportunity to make financial spreadbets. These may not suit you, the firms are effectively making a market. However, they have consistently reported over the years that at any one time about 20% of their clients are profitable, and this seems comparable to what brokers report. So is it worth exploring?

Hi thanks for the replies. i trade stocks. I did try an IG markets years ago but fell pray of the spikes in there MM they didn’t have a good name in the trading community back at home.
Maybe I should look at them again. Im really just trying to find a fear playing ground
i would like to be able to see the order book, depth,volumn .... a stream of live data that i can trade on

thanks

tell us the fees / spreads you were getting - maybe we can suggest some brokers ....hey at least your trading timezone isnt Sh*t anymore and you can play some proper markets ?

N:smart:

I have a Barclays and H&L account which have very limited info and both have spreads H&L also charge to get your money out but no account fees. Barclays have an account fee on top on the trading fee this makes day or short term trading would be very difficult

How are the majority of people trading here ? Are there still day traders? I assume most people trade with a Market maker service?

Don’t people have trouble with the market makers IG had a really bad name in OZ because they use spikes to control there profit and your loss

I have a Barclays and H&L account which have very limited info and both have spreads H&L also charge to get your money out but no account fees. Barclays have an account fee on top on the trading fee this makes day or short term trading would be very difficult

How are the majority of people trading here ? Are there still day traders? I assume most people trade with a Market maker service?

Don’t people have trouble with the market makers IG had a really bad name in OZ because they use spikes to control there profit and your loss

In defence of your statement that ‘IG had a really bad name is OZ’.
See the below link for the following.

There overall reputation is one of the best, this includes Australia - so not sure what pub you got your stats from. IG is also the most popular in Australia. pepperstone, IC and Easy markets rank higher out of the bag of brokers reviewed. IG score far less on leverage products and offer 200/1 as appose to pepperstone offering 500/1 and as we know, small guys like big leverage. They also scored less on cost (a good platform costs good money) and IG don’t claim to be the cheapest. I took a little peak at some of the above mentioned broker reviews (including world wide for IG) and all the bad reviews (across all brokers) seem to echo the same attitude these people typically display. For example, ‘my stops keep getting hit whilst I’m asleep in the quiet Asian session’ (lol, quiet). ‘And execution didn’t go through fast enough’ (not sure milliseconds is fast enough but usual problems relay back to the users PC running too much in the background or/and internet speed/connections. Regardless of the reviews, they all echo the same trend and no one can pick them apart from one broker to another, but, you could pick apart the people writing the bad reviews as they all sound the same. It’s pertinent to note they’re always written by losers and we know there’s a lot of them around us. Winners seldom take the time as they’re getting p1ss at the pub. :LOL: that’s not me today by the way, I’m having a day off.

Needless to say that IG scores one of the best but we also have to bear in mind that they have twice the reviews of the others. This is obviously due to their client base. Maybe you can try a little research on line yourself to find the best broker for you, let us all know how you got on. I bet you’re wondering maybe why you didn’t do any due diligence before flying out, especially if you’ve come over here to do some trading a well.

There’s lots of great regulated brokers around in most countries. If you look for the worst, you’ll no doubt find it. If you are a bad trader or simply misunderstand the ins and outs, then you will just end up being another person writing up yet another bad review whilst wondering how to pay the bills.

Researched links provided:

Compare forex brokers (Australia)
https://www.compareforexbrokers.com.au/australian-forex-brokers/ig-markets/

Trust Pilot reviews (IG)
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ig.com?languages=en&stars=1

Trust pilot reviews (Pepperstone)
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/pepperstone.com?languages=en&stars=1

Happy Sunday. :)
Lee

Last edited:
LMFO im not sure that ‘IG had a really bad name is OZ’ constitutes a review but whatever floats your boat
Have a nice Sunday tiger

What's the problem with CFDs? Pretty much liqudity, fast execution, low spreads? Do you know contract specifications what you actually need? Maybe you need dividends then go to stock brokers, but then clarify - are you investor or trader?

Why you dont do as I did. I found a platform that has unbelivable suport without Brokers and most important the platform does not control your money. It is so much better without a broker, my winnings are higher now :)

Whenever I go to a new platform I google everything about that and I recommend everyone to do that before registering anywhere :)