TOTW Is it possible to feel no emotion when you win or lose a trade?

What I am discussing on these threads is not a reflection of my own situation , but discussing (with salesmen and vendors with their point of view ) my knowledge about the subject .

I have developed a stress free method , using a set and forget method , that eliminates psychological demons from my trading

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 272
Emotions can be mastered , can they really?If markets become extremly unpredictable , volatile , irrational chaotic and then they take your stops out , and head in the your direction without you , I can remain cal unemotional

Attachments

• ggggggggggggggggg.jpg
    ggggggggggggggggg.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 281
I remain completely calm

more like
6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4216-excited.jpg

The way I see things theres nothing to get stressed about, I dont see the market as a threat.
I accept the reality of the situation as best I can and execute as best I can in that moment. Theres no right/wrong win/lose.

Ive a dax position that 200pts under water atm, should I be upset?

more like

The way I see things theres nothing to get stressed about, I dont see the market as a threat.
I accept the reality of the situation as best I can and execute as best I can in that moment. Theres no right/wrong win/lose.

Only if your account is £201. ;)

more like

Depend on how u trade , but if price does not go back to +200 for 6 years,you can not make your weekly profits , you are stuck .

Depend on how u trade , but if price does not go back to +200 for 6 years,you can not make your weekly profits , you are stuck .

Well, heres the trade.

6099-darktone-albums-general-7-picture4712-drawdown.jpg

The only thing I got stuck with is the 3.25% profit from the other 60 long only tards opened and closed since opening that position.

6099-darktone-albums-general-7-picture4718-tardes-taken.jpg

And heres some facts:-
1) If I do a nero (sit, watch it, do nothing), Dax would have to drop 67,000 odd points to bust my acc.
2) If I do a nero (sit, watch it, do nothing), dax would have to drop 2100 pts to give back the profits from those other 60 tardes.
3) Max size at any time was less than 2x
4) Time at the screen to do all this was an hour over those 11 days (actually, thats not a fact, but its pretty damn close :D)

Obviously I could do better but I havent put in the time :cheesy:

Obviously I could do better but I havent put in the time :cheesy:

That's because like most traders you are lazy and do not want to put in the effort.
You will never succeed unless you are ready to put everything in.
There are only a maximum of two ways to trade and this is not one of them.
When you are ready, come and talk to me, until then don't waste my time. :LOL:

Hi DT, Hope you don't mind me asking: How do you deal with these small but very soggy trades? Have you a hard stop 500+ pts away? Or perhaps a time limit after which you shut them down?

Many Ta's

Hi DT, Hope you don't mind me asking: How do you deal with these small but very soggy trades? Have you a hard stop 500+ pts away? Or perhaps a time limit after which you shut them down?

Many Ta's

I dont use stops mate, ever, no time limits etc. Always open and close on a limit. If things heat up and im looking to lighten I look to limit some place better than last price. Have normally got something at better prices that help to offset the day.

For example, if im -200 and I manage to get out at -50, -100, -199, +1 ;). Ive done my job as a trader, imho.

I dont use stops mate, ever, no time limits etc. Always open and close on a limit. If things heat up and im looking to lighten I look to limit some place better than last price. Have normally got something at better prices that help to offset the day.

For example, if im -200 and I manage to get out at -50, -100, -199, +1 ;). Ive done my job as a trader, imho.

OK gotya. It's is a strategy I'm interested in but the smallest stake is 50p with my broker - I'd need more like 10p!

OK gotya. It's is a strategy I'm interested in but the smallest stake is 50p with my broker - I'd need more like 10p!

Yeah defo. Say you had 12k to tard dax with, at todays prices if your total exposure is £1pp youre 1x, £4pp youre 4x. At 10p per unit you can be the big dog at 4x with 40 units to play with.

238186d1492872660t-possible-feel-no-emotion-when-you-win-lose-trade-nappy.jpg

1000ppp!? You definitely got the wrong darktone there tim :cheesy:

Yeah defo. Say you had 12k to tard dax with, at todays prices if your total exposure is £1pp youre 1x, £4pp youre 4x. At 10p per unit you can be the big dog at 4x with 40 units to play with.

1000ppp!? You definitely got the wrong darktone there tim :cheesy:

How many other positions are you operating , that are also in the red ?
BTW this is an experiment demo of your strategy.All profits have been taken , so still losing 250 points on demo nett , over 1 month.

Attachments

• dark tone.jpg
    dark tone.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 193
How many other positions are you operating , that are also in the red ?
BTW this is an experiment demo of your strategy.All profits have been taken , so still losing 250 points on demo nett , over 1 month.

Just the one as shown before
6099-darktone-albums-general-7-picture4720-current-just-one.jpg

and heres the curve of the 60
6099-darktone-albums-general-7-picture4722-curve.jpg

An experiment of my strategy!? I think your beliefs are messing with you there bro :D

First up, u using stops... No, just No...
3934yu85yu4.gif

Second is ur long n short, im long only... atm

Third up, you cant replicate any meaningful demo because what I do is discretionary based on a methodology. Its not a + b = c point to point system, you want the dojo for that :D

If you have no mental stop nor time limit Darkness, then what determines the above levels ?