TOTW Is it possible to feel no emotion when you win or lose a trade?

Those levels were just for example mike. It depends how I see things in the moment. Sometimes when things get wild you have to manage risk with size, always need ammo handy, you can't trade if you're maxed out.

need ammo handy

Attachments

• dttt.jpg
    dttt.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 186
I dont use stops mate, ever, no time limits etc. Always open and close on a limit. If things heat up and im looking to lighten I look to limit some place better than last price. Have normally got something at better prices that help to offset the day.

For example, if im -200 and I manage to get out at -50, -100, -199, +1 ;). Ive done my job as a trader, imho.

Wake up, your -200 is now +100 :clap:

Darktone

On a serious note, I know you don't think ( or maybe I have misunderstood you) that we can know the future in the markets, and I totally agree nothing is certain. But there are many scenarios that occur that are far from random. I have looked at a few of your past campaigns and there are some really good entry locations that were prime for adding into the (already profitable positions). Just wondering if this is something you have looked at or considered as an account acceleration method?

Good tarding to you BTW!

Darktone

On a serious note, I know you don't think ( or maybe I have misunderstood you) that we can know the future in the markets, and I totally agree nothing is certain. But there are many scenarios that occur that are far from random. I have looked at a few of your past campaigns and there are some really good entry locations that were prime for adding into the (already profitable positions). Just wondering if this is something you have looked at or considered as an account acceleration method?

Good tarding to you BTW!

Cheers bud :)

If im looking for a swing id want to and normally be positioned before the move. The only time id look to add onto what I already have would be if I wanted more size. If that makes sense.

can you control that bulge and could you control the uncontrollable emotional brain on live accounts ?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...nd-traps-affecting-traders-3.html#post2897376

Your Brain Does Really Weird Stuff When It Thinks About Money , the brain behaves very unpredictably , when executing trades.

search on google videos with words emotions and money

You are not your mind, its possible to be the observer of your thoughts, it can do what it likes, idc :D. From there its about accepting, not controlling.

But its all good innit :cheesy:

You are not your mind, its possible to be the observer of your thoughts, it can do what it likes, idc :D. From there its about accepting, not controlling.

Are you normal?

Attachments

• control.jpg
    control.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 226

"You are not your mind"

Yeah I struggled with that one for a long time, but came to the conclusion "we are our mind" after all what else is there?
"We are not our emotions" might be another way of expressing that.
Emotions are the results of our organs / senses punishing or pleasing our brain when they get what they want. Our identity sits above that.
Marathon runners hitting 'the wall' are being punished by their body, but their minds can overcome those feelings of pain and carry on running.

After 11 years , there is no knowledge on a subject on the forums .Please search on google , because the answers are available from real psychologists and researchers.I can't be bothered arguing with you guys.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psy...366-what-money-means-you-psychologically.html

The lulz content was started by the content manager , he showed it by example , what is acceptable.

Maybe the last 11 years they have been rooting your wife and spending your money:-0

...I can't be bothered arguing with you guys.

The lulz content was started by the content manager , he showed it by example , what is acceptable.

1. You clearly dont have what it takes to be a trader if you cant finish what you started.

2. Have you considered the possibility that other people might be different to YOU? :-0 Just because you have problems managing your emotions (its usually your mothers fault) doesnt mean other human beings do. :)