Is anyone using Forex Rebellion?

everyones misreading things, I didn't see your quote that they were there.

Invalid Stops 130 error occurs if there is an invalid stop loss (to close to the price) or above/below it

It also occurs on Buy & Sell stops if the requested price is too close to the current price, as a test go into the global variables and say on the 5 min entry price value (EP) change it to a very high number like 1.82132 (too ensure the order is not accidently triggered), then run the script again on the 5 min chart, if the order enters - delete it obviously, but it means that when the script was run the current Bid/Ask price was too close to the entry.

Regards
John

everyones misreading things, I didn't see your quote that they were there.

Invalid Stops 130 error occurs if there is an invalid stop loss (to close to the price) or above/below it

It also occurs on Buy & Sell stops if the requested price is too close to the current price, as a test go into the global variables and say on the 5 min entry price value (EP) change it to a very high number like 1.82132 (too ensure the order is not accidently triggered), then run the script again on the 5 min chart, if the order enters - delete it obviously, but it means that when the script was run the current Bid/Ask price was too close to the entry.

Regards
John

Yes John that worked, I changed EP to 1.5900 and the order went through. So maybe I have been unlucky and I apologise for wasting your time although I had tried it a couple of times. I'll continue to work with it and feedback accordingly.

Thanks again,

Hi All
Rebellion Overview v1 - This is a new indicator that allows to see at a glance all the pairs being monitored by Rebellion Advisor (max 14) - Note: This indicator must be on the same period length as the ones being monitored

John
first of all, thank you very much for your indicators, they are GREAT!!

Regarding the Overview v1, could you please confirm if I am correct with this:

- do the thumbs up/down refer to the ADX over/under the 20 level?
- what the white arrow is based on?
- is the strenght % similar to the !IN10TION indicator?

Thanks for your excelent piece of work.

PS. Hope you enjoyed the WC, especially the passing flair of the winners ;)

Hi

yes the thumbs up/down refers to the ADX being above the pre-defined level (dft 20)
the white arrow gives the direction of the ADX
the strength is based upon the supporting indicators (MAx,MACD,CCI,Bulls,Bears,PSAR etc)

regarding the WC just a shame the final was a little disappointing...

Hi

yes the thumbs up/down refers to the ADX being above the pre-defined level (dft 20)
the white arrow gives the direction of the ADX
the strength is based upon the supporting indicators (MAx,MACD,CCI,Bulls,Bears,PSAR etc)

regarding the WC just a shame the final was a little disappointing...

Thanks for the info (y)

One thing I am noticing is that some charts will not refresh the rebellion signals and therefore will send wrong info to the summary chart.
I have to re-apply the template to everyone of the 8 charts to ensure the signals are correct and sure enough, there is always one or two with a wrong signal.

With a wrong signal I mean showing a buy, then looking at the price does not make sense, so I re-apply the template and the signal now is different.

Not a big deal for me, I just reapply the template everytime and get going. :)
but maybe there is a setting somewhere I need to adjust?

Thanks again for your great piece of work, I am using it every hour!! (y)

Not a good week for me..
This week really has damaged the previous good results from my live testing of my latest rebellion mod.
The first 3 days were chop, then I managed to sleep in and miss the best of the trades on thursday, oh well at least today I made a little bit.

Dont know if any of you have watched the video Russ sent on Wednesday, it's a bit long and boring but does come up with some valuable strategies for avoiding getting chopped up.

Heres hoping to a better next week..
Digg this Post!

Hi Aiirplus

you are not the first to report this problem but I am still unable to find a reason, it does not happen with the accounts I test/use (Gallant/Alpari UK).

MT4 gives strange results sometimes and I havent worked out why, maybe it is something in the way that I code the indicators (I am still learning) as these are not true bar based indicators.

The template does not need to be reloaded, simply going into the indicator parameters will force a reload.

The new version is a true bar based indicator so hopefully this wont happen.

After this I will be trying to convert everything to MQL5 in preparation for the last quarter.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause (have caused)..
John

Forgot something

if you are using the Overview indicator ensure that you apply this to a currency pair that has a lot of movement (ie. one of the majors), otherwise signal lag can be significant

Hi Aiirplus
The template does not need to be reloaded, simply going into the indicator parameters will force a reload.

The new version is a true bar based indicator so hopefully this wont happen.

After this I will be trying to convert everything to MQL5 in preparation for the last quarter.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause (have caused)..
John

No prob John, I will use the EURUSD for it.

Again, many thanks for your great work!! (y)

Hi All
well the month testing is complete, and although it ended with a 420pip profit I still believe that there could of been more, I entered a lot of trades on choppy markets, I exited quite a few trades early when there was no need and I completely missed quite a few trades.
Also the last two weeks of the month was mainly chop, but beggars cant be choosers and 420 pips is still better than nothing.
I have some final upgrades in mind but have decided that I will freeze the current versions of the indicators and post them, this will be done this week I just want to put some documentation together so that I am not bombarded with questions.
Regards
John

Hi All
well the month testing is complete, and although it ended with a 420pip profit I still believe that there could of been more, I entered a lot of trades on choppy markets, I exited quite a few trades early when there was no need and I completely missed quite a few trades.
Also the last two weeks of the month was mainly chop, but beggars cant be choosers and 420 pips is still better than nothing.
I have some final upgrades in mind but have decided that I will freeze the current versions of the indicators and post them, this will be done this week I just want to put some documentation together so that I am not bombarded with questions.
Regards
John

Thanks very much John, your work is greatly appreciated. (y)

Hi All

As promised here are my latest versions of my Rebellion modifications. To make sure there are no misunderstandings, the main rebellion indicator to replace the EA provided by Russ still requires that you have the original rebellion indicators installed, if not it will not work.

There are a total of 7 indicators in the package (as well as the Wingdings 3 font), they are as follows

$JMW Rebellion Evolution
This indicator replaces the standard EA provided with Rebellion.
The parameters are pretty self explanatory, note:- the points next level (PNL) uses the standard daily pivot to calculate the next level.
Indicator displays a histogram, this will either have no value (ie. Wait), or buy / sell, the color of the buy/sell bars will depend on the strength of the signal (silver,gold,red/blue). There is also the possibility for a lime dot to be displayed, this indicates that the market is probably out of a ranging market

$JMW ADX 2TF Hist
This indicator is a rewrite of the standard ADX in histogram form, the bars will either be colored red blue or silver if the minimum is not met. A yellow line is also displayed showing the ADX values on another TF (this must be less than the current TF), an aqua line is displayed showing the distance between the +DI & -DI values.

$JMW Daily Pivot
My own daily pivot indicator as I couldn’t find one I liked, this has the ability to exclude Sunday data.

$JMW Close Alert
Indicator that can always be attached to the chart and allows you to specify a price and timeframe and receive an alert when a bar has closed above/below that price (useful when waiting for retracements or entries). Set the price to zero to switch off.

$JMW Fibo Semi Auto
Indicator displaying the Fibonacci retracements as well as extensions, the start point must be manually set by moving the line, the end point will be recalculated as necessary, for uptrend blue line should be furthest right, downtrend red line furthest right. Move the horizontal lines together to remove the fibo.

$JMW MA Channel
Moving average channel indicator, (I use this to create on a 1hr chart the average High/Low channel)

$JMW Multi TF Indicator
Indicator showing different indicators on different timeframes, the indicators shown are pre-determined but you can choose which timeframes you want to see.

I should point out that I use these on the 1hr charts therefore the defaults are set for this, you may need to play around with the values if you use other time frames.

Here’s hoping to some more pips
John

Attachments

• $jmw rebellion.zip
    84.3 KB · Views: 391
Hi All

As promised here are my latest versions of my Rebellion modifications. To make sure there are no misunderstandings, the main rebellion indicator to replace the EA provided by Russ still requires that you have the original rebellion indicators installed, if not it will not work.

There are a total of 7 indicators in the package (as well as the Wingdings 3 font), they are as follows

$JMW Rebellion Evolution
This indicator replaces the standard EA provided with Rebellion.
The parameters are pretty self explanatory, note:- the points next level (PNL) uses the standard daily pivot to calculate the next level.
Indicator displays a histogram, this will either have no value (ie. Wait), or buy / sell, the color of the buy/sell bars will depend on the strength of the signal (silver,gold,red/blue). There is also the possibility for a lime dot to be displayed, this indicates that the market is probably out of a ranging market

$JMW ADX 2TF Hist
This indicator is a rewrite of the standard ADX in histogram form, the bars will either be colored red blue or silver if the minimum is not met. A yellow line is also displayed showing the ADX values on another TF (this must be less than the current TF), an aqua line is displayed showing the distance between the +DI & -DI values.

$JMW Daily Pivot
My own daily pivot indicator as I couldn’t find one I liked, this has the ability to exclude Sunday data.

$JMW Close Alert
Indicator that can always be attached to the chart and allows you to specify a price and timeframe and receive an alert when a bar has closed above/below that price (useful when waiting for retracements or entries). Set the price to zero to switch off.

$JMW Fibo Semi Auto
Indicator displaying the Fibonacci retracements as well as extensions, the start point must be manually set by moving the line, the end point will be recalculated as necessary, for uptrend blue line should be furthest right, downtrend red line furthest right. Move the horizontal lines together to remove the fibo.

$JMW MA Channel
Moving average channel indicator, (I use this to create on a 1hr chart the average High/Low channel)

$JMW Multi TF Indicator
Indicator showing different indicators on different timeframes, the indicators shown are pre-determined but you can choose which timeframes you want to see.

I should point out that I use these on the 1hr charts therefore the defaults are set for this, you may need to play around with the values if you use other time frames.

Here’s hoping to some more pips
John

Thanks for the share mate.

Hi All

not sure if anyone saw the eMail Russ sent out the other day, normally I don't bother reading them especially as he is just basically providing marketing for other systems, this one however I thought I might as well sign up for the free report as Russ said he was thinking about using it within Rebellion.

Although the free report didn't specifically mention Renko, basically from looking at the screen shots it was basically a renko based chart.

So with a few mods of my Rebellion indicator to work using Renko (actually it meant removing a lot of the extra indicators I had in and incorporating ADX directly), I have managed to write a new version which is Rebellion/Renko based.

Looking at the screen history it looks as it might have some potential as a lot of false signals are missed so I am going to try it out, I will post an update after performing a small live test (of course if all is good I will be posting the new indicator).

The live test can be followed on my Stats page (MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world)

If you are looking at the stats it will be any entry with a date of August.

Lets hope that this can bring some more pips
Regards
John

I've been using FR for about 6 weeks. I lost big at first. I also tried using 1:1 as well as 1:1.5. I also spent time with trailing the 5ema. I found that if you add 3 additional pips to the suggested entry and take your profit at 12 pips, you can have a 90% success rate on the 1hr. I know its not many pips for the time frame, but its very low risk and 9 out of 10 trades win. I've been taking 2-6 trades a day, monday-thursday only, and it works just about every time. FB gives you plenty of signals, so no need to get greedy w/ the pips on a single trade.

I don't suggest using the same currency pair after you win a trade; wait for another pair to signal even if the momentum is looking good on the pair you just exited. I don't consider myself to be a scalper and before FB I use to take less trades and aim for 30 - 150 pips, but this seems to work best so far for me. I suggest closing a losing trade at between 36-48 pips. Don't ever enter a trade earlier than suggested. I don't use FB on eur/jpy, gbp/jpy/, eur/gbp (too slow) or gbp/usd either. Also, I use the same amount of lots per trade for the entire week. I'll increase it the next week (considering an increase in balance) and stay with it until the week ends. I've been trading for 2yrs and this is my favorite system so far out of a dozen or so I've tried. I'm sticking with it forever as long as it keeps working. I also use Mbtrading b/c I found that they have the best spreads in the business which really helps out alot for this method. Hope this helps.

Hi my Friend , i am new to this forum and your way of trading shows your professional approach,I am planning to buy forex reb next week and could you ps tell me your present performance of FR

I trade the EUR/USD on the daily time frame using forex Rebellion. It's very profitable. I trade 2 seperate positions. One is using a 225 pip target with a 150 pip stop loss in most cases. I move the position to break even ( using a break even EA) after 100 pips of profit.
The second position is almost exactly the same except I leave the position open as long as possible until the candle closes below/above the moving average. I do things slightly different than the author but back testing for 4 years and foward testing proves very profitable. I enter immediately after the close of the candle. I don't wait for it to break out past the high or low. I also have some very good and basically mechanical strategies of forex rebellion on the 4 hour TF. Ones that i have tested extensively are EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and EUR/JPY. The smoothest equity curves come from the EUR and EUR/JPY.
But all 3 are all very profitable. Paris:)

Thanks Paris,quite informative and i was fed up using the automated robot system and manual system i want to give a try.When i was trading manually i use 1hr time frame but i made a lot of basic mistakes that made me to quit quickly.Now i am coming for the second round with Forex Reb,let me try again with these three pairs and i will tell you the result.Ps share me wht all basic cautions i have to take when i start trading with Forex Reb

I trade the EUR/USD on the daily time frame using forex Rebellion. It's very profitable. I trade 2 seperate positions. One is using a 225 pip target with a 150 pip stop loss in most cases. I move the position to break even ( using a break even EA) after 100 pips of profit.
The second position is almost exactly the same except I leave the position open as long as possible until the candle closes below/above the moving average. I do things slightly different than the author but back testing for 4 years and foward testing proves very profitable. I enter immediately after the close of the candle. I don't wait for it to break out past the high or low. I also have some very good and basically mechanical strategies of forex rebellion on the 4 hour TF. Ones that i have tested extensively are EUR/USD, GBP/USD, and EUR/JPY. The smoothest equity curves come from the EUR and EUR/JPY.
But all 3 are all very profitable. Paris:)

Thanks Paris,quite informative and i was fed up using the automated robot system and manual system i want to give a try.When i was trading manually i use 1hr time frame but i made a lot of basic mistakes that made me to quit quickly.Now i am coming for the second round with Forex Reb,let me try again with these three pairs and i will tell you the result.Ps share me wht all basic cautions i have to take when i start trading with Forex Reb

I'll give more details about 12 hours from now. I'm going to be busy all day. Paris:)