Is anyone using Forex Rebellion?

Hello Traders,

I'm new on this forum, but been trading for some time. I've been using Rebellion for 2 months now, earlier I visited this thread, but when I popped in today I was sooo shocked.

John, your work is truly exceptional. I've been trying to improve Rebellion in a similar way, applying additional indicators, the CCI, ADX, BBands, and Bulls and Bears, additionally MFI and Volume, but I've needed 3 templates to use them:) It was a real surprise to find out that you did a similar thing, though you did it in a completely different manner- professionally. I am really greatful for you sharing your masterpiece.

I am looking forward to testing your strategy, and if you have any additional info, thoughts, ideas, do not hesitate to share them. Personally, I strongly appreciate your work, and it is still hard for me to believe that among all those scam artists there are genuine, kind people trading forex;D

To your success,
Peter

Hi Peter
hope you can find some use with my work, if you have any suggestions for improving them (additional indicators to be displayed etc.) please let me know, as long as it works for the general improvement of the system I will be happy to modify - hey if it makes me more money why not!!!
Seriously though, if you have anything you wish to comment on (including bad stuff, this is all from my mind, and more brains are better than one) please let me know.
Regards
John

Hi Peter
hope you can find some use with my work, if you have any suggestions for improving them (additional indicators to be displayed etc.) please let me know, as long as it works for the general improvement of the system I will be happy to modify - hey if it makes me more money why not!!!
Seriously though, if you have anything you wish to comment on (including bad stuff, this is all from my mind, and more brains are better than one) please let me know.
Regards
John

Hi,

Would someone please be so kind and tell me how to how to load this indicator onto to my metatrader4 charts. Many thanks

Jon

Hi Jon Dep

download the zip file,

The TTF file in directory Font move to Windows/Fonts/

The 3 ex4 files in Indicators move to MT4directory/Experts/Indicators/

The 1 ex4 file in Scripts move to MT4directory/Experts/Scripts/

The 2 tpl files in Templates move to MT4directory/Templates

Restart MT4 and everything is there, just open a chart and apply the template

Regards
John
The

Hi Jon Dep

download the zip file,

The TTF file in directory Font move to Windows/Fonts/

The 3 ex4 files in Indicators move to MT4directory/Experts/Indicators/

The 1 ex4 file in Scripts move to MT4directory/Experts/Scripts/

The 2 tpl files in Templates move to MT4directory/Templates

Restart MT4 and everything is there, just open a chart and apply the template

Regards
John
The

Many thanks John. I look forward to testing/trading your work on Monday.

Regards
Jon

Hi,
Thanks for all your work JMW. I am new to Metatrader but following your instructions think I have succeeded in setting up your chart. (see attached). I am on a newbie trading account with IG at 20p a point, but very wary of making any more losses on forex. So I have been looking at lots of systems this weekend. I was delighted to find your work at the end of this thread as the thread had petered out a little. I was quite hopeful at first but when the posts dried up I assumed that FR was not reliable. Hope there is further to go with this.

Will enjoy watching the indicators on Monday and trying to work out the trades.
Enjoy the match tonight.
Taypot

PS Just restarted Metatrader and opened up template again and the readings are slightly different yet its Sunday afternoon and no trading at this time. Its taken a reading from a different day in march and figures are now @ 1.49896 and @ 1.50628 which is about 200 and 500 change from chart attached. Number in bottom right corner is now 59. Bit puzzled as expected it to be the same.

Attachments

• rebellion.PNG
    rebellion.PNG
    151.6 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
yes i use it it is meta trader4 and comes with its own tester ect,after years without it serves it purpose and is easy to use,a solid investment citytrader

Hi Taypot

what worries me more is the entry date of march for the order, this looks as though it didn't save the indicator properly on exit from MT4 (I have found this with a number of brokers), this isn't a problem for me as my MT4 is open from Sunday thru to Friday though you should check the entries that you get.

P.S. I have written a new version of this which I am testing on a small live account, you can follow it's progress at http://jmw1970.mt4stats.com

This also uses 2 new indicators I have developed, if the live tests are successful then I will be uploading these new indicators as well.

Live testing will complete end of July, if all is well new versions will be uploaded in August.

Regards
John

Hi Taypot

what worries me more is the entry date of march for the order, this looks as though it didn't save the indicator properly on exit from MT4 (I have found this with a number of brokers), this isn't a problem for me as my MT4 is open from Sunday thru to Friday though you should check the entries that you get.

P.S. I have written a new version of this which I am testing on a small live account, you can follow it's progress at http://jmw1970.mt4stats.com

This also uses 2 new indicators I have developed, if the live tests are successful then I will be uploading these new indicators as well.

Live testing will complete end of July, if all is well new versions will be uploaded in August.

Regards
John

Hi John,
Thanks for the reply. Will look out for the new versions.
Regards Taypot.

I hope the man behind 'Forex Rebellion' doesn't get caught in a counter-Rebellion when his customers realise they've all been had :)

Also, I wonder how much he's making from his affiliate deals with the scummy FX brokers he pushes people to?

diy

'Being had' means taken advantage of and sold something that is basically worthless.

if you want to make any system unprofitable, let human emotion get in the way.

Yesterday I thought I was having a pretty bad day, had 3 orders in on EURGBP, EURJPY & USDJPY - EURGBP & EURJPY got stopped out, so even though the indicators were still showing good for USDJPY I manually stopped it out for less than 1 pip profit because the price was showing retracement and I was thinking today is not my day.

Big mistake, the price never went much above where I stopped (no danger of being stopped out) and today is nearly 200pips in profit.

The problem I see with manual systems is that you must look at the screen to see whether or not you should take the suggested trade, you must also look at your open orders - this can generate a sick feeling especially if the previous orders you entered got stopped out at full loss.

I think the major learning points I gleaned from yesterday are:-

dont let human emotion get in the way
trades are not related, just because some trades go bad doesnt mean the forex market is against you

I think the first though (human emotion) is going to be the hardest to control but I believe it is necessary to ensure that viable manual systems do not get passed off as rubbish.

Just my thoughts.
Regards
John

diy

'Being had' means taken advantage of and sold something that is basically worthless.
I know what been had means in the english language, I meant in what way were we been had by purchasing the rebellion system? Afterall its just a system thats signalling points to go long or short at, its up to the individual to decide if he/she wants to go in on the trades. I use that system to compare with my indicators to see if I was reading them correct or not and 9 times out of 10 we are heading the right way.what I find is if the market is very volatile there is a lot of signals but as the manual says, the choice is mine if I want to get in the trade of not.
Untill us beginners reach your level we need some sort of guide to confirm that we are reading our charts correctly and the way I see it is either spend £60 on a system or £4000 on a 6 months mentorship. If the system turns out to be partialy useless we should still make our £60 back. what if we dont gell with the mentor that we are assign to, do we got our £4000 back? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Hi John,

Thanks for your work, very interesting and I have been using it for a couple of days along with my standard approach and it has been successful so far. Once comment, when I run the script (using Alpari 5-Digit), I get an error code 130, nothing in the journal. This appears to be around submitting invalid TP or SL which is why I thought it worth mentioning the fact I have a 5-digit broker.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks again.

Hi Rogerha

interesting because I am also using a 5 digit broker with no problems.

Please do the following

In mt4 press F3, this will bring up the global variables

find the following global variables and send me their values:-

RebellionXXXXXX99EP
RebellionXXXXXX99SL
RebellionXXXXXX99Dir

replace the XXXXXX with the currency pair and the 99 with the timeframe

Thanks
John

Hi Rogerha

interesting because I am also using a 5 digit broker with no problems.

Please do the following

In mt4 press F3, this will bring up the global variables

find the following global variables and send me their values:-

RebellionXXXXXX99EP
RebellionXXXXXX99SL
RebellionXXXXXX99Dir

replace the XXXXXX with the currency pair and the 99 with the timeframe

Thanks
John

Prompt response, thanks John.

Those variables don't seem to exist, please see attached screenshot. I am not running Rebellion History, if that matters ?

Sorry John - re-read your instructions and they are there (5min timeframe)

Attachments

• 15-07-2010 20-48-32.png
    15-07-2010 20-48-32.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 280
Hi

I can see from your screen shot the variables for GBPUSD 5min timeframe and GBPUSD 60min timeframe - maybe my instructions were incorrect???

Will have a look to see why it is not working, I think this could be due to the fact that I use a manual way of calculating the number of digits after the point (this original part of the code I wrote when still trying to work out how to program MT4).

Regards
John

Hi

I can see from your screen shot the variables for GBPUSD 5min timeframe and GBPUSD 60min timeframe - maybe my instructions were incorrect???

Will have a look to see why it is not working, I think this could be due to the fact that I use a manual way of calculating the number of digits after the point (this original part of the code I wrote when still trying to work out how to program MT4).

Regards
John

Hi John, It's running on the 5min, however I may have switched timeframe on the chart whilst trading to 60min which is possibly why you see to sets of variables ? Just a guess from a non-programmer ;-)