Is anyone using Forex Rebellion?

Hi Guys, I'm new here. I've just finished reading this thread as I've been using FR for a couple of weeks now. I'm seeing more success by following the trend and looking at obvious support and resistance levels but have been on holiday so now need it to fit in with my daily life. I'm interested to hear how everyone is getting on now that it's over a month down the track since the last post.
Looking forward to your replies.:) Cheers

Hi Ed, I stopped looking at it because the signals are usually too far away from the price action. I like my entries to be signalled immediately so I use swings.

When the reversal comes I can read it and trade from it.

Ed, I decided not to buy this system after reading the 10 week journal posted at systemsfortraders - It seems phreddyinbg has a valid point - the system seems not to miss the swings but to get in a little too late, similar to a MA crossover by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the input Sgt., much appreciated. I'm too testing this system, although I'm looking at it from another angle. As soon as I finish my testing, I hope to share. Bottom line, it seems like a rough diamond, but the basics are there.
Dan

What about you guys... ApacheDan and Sgt? You both seemed to be doing well or on your way to doing well with FR. I'm interested to hear how you are getting on if you have time to post something here.

Hi ed - I have been trading with this system for little over six months and I am convinced there is something here but only if you trade consistently and steadily without as sgt said getting over excited. I like his 12pip TP idea alot because all it takes is for 95% hits with 12 pips 6 trades and you have a home run by most peoples standards. Here's to this exciting prospect!

hey black... don't know if this is much to ask, but from time to time could you post like a spreadsheet or something similar to sum up the trades? It can be weekly or monthly even it's just so a person can have a better general view of all trades instead of being scattered thru posts. good luck :)
forexrebellion.png

Hi ed - I have been trading with this system for little over six months and I am convinced there is something here but only if you trade consistently and steadily without as sgt said getting over excited. I like his 12pip TP idea alot because all it takes is for 95% hits with 12 pips 6 trades and you have a home run by most peoples standards. Here's to this exciting prospect!

Novad, have you had decent results with the 12pip TP idea? I have been trying a similar idea and although my hit rate is closer to 75% I think there is definitely something here.

Hi All

being using Forex Rebellion for about two months ago and after reading several forums I discovered that most people decided that additional indicators/filters are required.

In addition the EA that comes supplied is a little bit basic, I have therefore created a Custom Indicator (not an EA must be installed as an indicator) that takes the standard advisor and brings it more up to date.

There are 4 main sections - they are as follows:-
Section 1 - Standard Rebellion Rules
Section 2- Additional Indicators / Strengths
Currency Strength meter,
Price Trend 1Hr,4Hr,Dy, ADX Trend,
8 Trend Indicators (MA1,MA2,MA2,MACD,CCI,ADX,Bulls,Bears)
Price Action (last 59 minutes)
Section 3 - Rebellion recommendations
Section 4 - General information

Note you must have the Wingdings 3 font installed (I cannot upload it as I dont have winzip & rar is not allowed but it can be found in the FX Multimeter 3 free download or on other forums)

Enjoy and let me know
Regards
John

Attachments

• Rebellion Advisor v1_1.ex4
    46 KB · Views: 655
Managed to download winzip so here is the font

Attachments

• wingding3zip.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 337
Just trying to figure out how to use this now - Is this meant to be used with the rebellion strategy or does it replace it please?

The above indicator still gives the same signals as the standard Forex Rebellion Trade Advisor, however as Forex Rebellion gives out lots of false signals, the extra information is there for you to decide whether or not to take the signal.

For instance Rebellion (and any trend following system) does not perform well in ranging markets, this is typically identified by the ADX main signal line, therefore this information is displayed.

Other people use MACD or CCI (or others) these are also displayed, they are simply there to help you to decide whether or not to take the signal generated by Rebellion

Many thanks for this indicator that can be used to filter out bad trades. Have a couple questions though:
1) Do you have a manual or instructions for using the indicator?
2) I do not see the 8 additional indicators displayed in my MT4 account. Am I doing something wrong?
3) Have you been successful using the indicator along with forex rebellion? What strategy do you use to filter out bad trades?

Thanks in advance and really appreciate your help.

Regards
J Bond

Hi All

being using Forex Rebellion for about two months ago and after reading several forums I discovered that most people decided that additional indicators/filters are required.

In addition the EA that comes supplied is a little bit basic, I have therefore created a Custom Indicator (not an EA must be installed as an indicator) that takes the standard advisor and brings it more up to date.

There are 4 main sections - they are as follows:-
Section 1 - Standard Rebellion Rules
Section 2- Additional Indicators / Strengths
Currency Strength meter,
Price Trend 1Hr,4Hr,Dy, ADX Trend,
8 Trend Indicators (MA1,MA2,MA2,MACD,CCI,ADX,Bulls,Bears)
Price Action (last 59 minutes)
Section 3 - Rebellion recommendations
Section 4 - General information

Note you must have the Wingdings 3 font installed (I cannot upload it as I dont have winzip & rar is not allowed but it can be found in the FX Multimeter 3 free download or on other forums)

Enjoy and let me know
Regards
John

Hello Mr Bond (you probably get that all the time),
No manual as such for the indicator, just follow standard rebellion rules (which the indicator does anyway for you) - the additional information is purely there so your screen doesnt have to be cluttered with lots of additional windows and indicators.
The 8 additional indicators are displayed with little arrows, below the H1,H4,Dy arrows, if you hover with your mouse over these arrows then it will tell you what the arrow represents in terms of trend indicator, but from left to right they are as listed in my post.
I have recently updated this indicator and will be uploading shortly which makes it easier to tell which arrow means what and also to add a customizable strength value to each setting.
The accuracy you get depends on how risky you wish to be, I take little risk so miss some good trades but very rarely lose on a trade (about 1 in 10) - depends on your self.
Any other questions please feel free to ask
P.S. New upload should be next week once I have completed my final testing.
Regards
John

Thank you John.
This indicator is pretty good at consolidating all the information. I am pretty impressed that you lose 1 in 10 with your conservative strategy. Do you ensure all 8 indicators are in alignment before entering a trade or which indicators do you put most value on before entering.

Cheers

Hello Mr Bond (you probably get that all the time),
No manual as such for the indicator, just follow standard rebellion rules (which the indicator does anyway for you) - the additional information is purely there so your screen doesnt have to be cluttered with lots of additional windows and indicators.
The 8 additional indicators are displayed with little arrows, below the H1,H4,Dy arrows, if you hover with your mouse over these arrows then it will tell you what the arrow represents in terms of trend indicator, but from left to right they are as listed in my post.
I have recently updated this indicator and will be uploading shortly which makes it easier to tell which arrow means what and also to add a customizable strength value to each setting.
The accuracy you get depends on how risky you wish to be, I take little risk so miss some good trades but very rarely lose on a trade (about 1 in 10) - depends on your self.
Any other questions please feel free to ask
P.S. New upload should be next week once I have completed my final testing.
Regards
John

Hi
to be clear first there are actually 16 indicators, the top 4 are the rebellion ones, so they have to be in alignment, the next 4 are the EMA on 1hr, 4hr, Daily and the ADX, the next 8 are the MA1,MA2,MA3,MACD,CCI,ADX,Bulls,Bears
Obviously if all 16 are in alignment that is the best, but for me (I trade on 1hr charts) I am happy to enter a trade when all indicators are in alignment except 4hr,Daily and MA3 as these can take quite a while to come into alignment. The most important thing for me though is the ADX thumbs up to avoid ranging markets, although you have to be careful if this is showing a thumbs up after a particularly strong trend in the opposite direction
Regards
John

Hi John,
What take profit and stop loss strategy are you using for your 90% success rate? I noted that your indicator also shows a stop loss level and an entry point level (although the entry point sometime differs from the price suggested by FR).

Also, how many trades do you make in a typical week and do you risk like 2% on each trade ? I want to replicate your strategy seeing that it has been successful for you.

Thanks again.
Mr Bond

Hi
Take Profit - I generally let my trades run as per the standard rebellion (EMA5 shifted 3) for closing, however I use another indicator (I didnt write it but can be found on various forums) iRegr (3,1.5,350,0), if the price is close to the appropriate line of this indicator then I tighten up my stops considerably (although one slight problem with iRegr is that it repaints so you cant be 100% accurate).

Stop Loss I use the lowest (or highest) price in the last 7 bars subject to the max & min stop loss set in parameters. Note - I do not follow the standard Rebellion rules in moving stop loss, I move mine more aggressively usually every 10pips (on candle close), unless superceded by the iRegr which is even more aggressive (see above).

EntryPrice, yes mine differs slightly from standard Rebellion - the number of points from last candle can be set in the parameters, also you can specify that if the trade is against the EMA that the entry price should be set a number of points from the EMA - also mine does not recalculate the entry price as the standard rebellion advisor.

I make on average 3 to 4 trades a day trading London & NY (monitoring 11 pairs).
I risk 2% per trade - note the way my indicator calculates lot size is not the same as most peoples, the formula used by my indicator is as follows
StopLoss*TickValue/FreeMargin
Most methods using percentages takes into account the margin requirement and not the stop loss

BTW the testing on the new version is coming nicely and I think I have ironed out most of the bugs, with this version there is a secondary entry price (ie. when you dont take the trade because other indicators were initially bad), in addition there is a new indicator which monitors the output from this indicator and displays it on one screen for all the currency pairs been monitored (max 14) - I will try to complete testing in the next few days to upload it (although my time is somewhat limited at the moment due to my watching the world cup)

Regards
John

Whatever happened to Blackmonday? the person who started this thread. I was hoping he would have let us know how the forex rebellion went for him

Hi All
managed to finish my changes :), in the zip file there is the following

Indicators:-
Rebellion Advisor v1.3 - This is the latest version of my updated indicator for Rebellion
Rebellion Overview v1 - This is a new indicator that allows to see at a glance all the pairs being monitored by Rebellion Advisor (max 14) - Note: This indicator must be on the same period length as the ones being monitored
Rebellion History v1 - New indicator that will display the values of the advisor but on a historical basis, enter either the time/date that you want to display or type "last" to have the last signal information displayed

Templates:-
:Rebellion Advisor v1.3 - Template for using rebellion advisor
Rebellion Overview v1 - Template for using rebellion overview

Scripts:-
Rebellion Trade - script to open pending orders based on the Advisor recommendations (recommended to add to a hot key for onekey trading)

Miscellaneous:-
Wingdings 3 font

Any questions please ask.
Regards
John

Attachments

• JMW Rebellion.zip
    105.8 KB · Views: 1,293