Is all discipline not the same?

Getting back to the thread and the subject of discipline, the following -- which provides the context for the first post -- provides one rationale for the journal and for the continuous loop provided by the scientific method:

The students' reactions to their experiences will be reflected in the maintenance of a hypothetical portfolio containing a detailed explanation of the fundamental and technical analysis of each trade and its result. This "trading journal" is a fascinating and exciting assessment vehicle because it requires not positive or profitable results but rather a logical explanation of the possible reasons for the results based on an understanding of progressively acquired theoretical concepts. The idea is especially intriguing when one realizes that the "market" is the ultimate "ill or unstructured problem." Indeed, a problem so unstructured that research indicates less than twenty percent of its profession participants consistently solve it with any real degree of success. The reasons for such a high level of difficulty in finding consistently successful solutions is because rarely do any of us grow up learning how to operate in an arena that allows for complete freedom of creative expression with few external structures to restrict that expression in any way. Participants of the market trading environment of necessity must make up their own rules for entry and exit. The "problem," however, is that price movement is fluid, always in motion, quite unlike the relatively structured events to which most of us are accustomed. The decisions that confront the participant in the market are as endless as the price fluctuations. There is no beginning, no middle and no end-- these become concepts created by the participant.

-- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy

Granted, there may be some who can accomplish all of this without working at it. But the rest of us just have to grind it out. :(

dbphoenix/ [i said:
The students' reactions to their experiences will be reflected in the maintenance of a hypothetical portfolio containing a detailed explanation of the fundamental and technical analysis of each trade and its result. This "trading journal" is a fascinating and exciting assessment vehicle because it requires not positive or profitable results but rather a logical explanation of the possible reasons for the results based on an understanding of progressively acquired theoretical concepts. The idea is especially intriguing when one realizes that the "market" is the ultimate "ill or unstructured problem." Indeed, a problem so unstructured that research indicates less than twenty percent of its profession participants consistently solve it with any real degree of success. The reasons for such a high level of difficulty in finding consistently successful solutions is because rarely do any of us grow up learning how to operate in an arena that allows for complete freedom of creative expression with few external structures to restrict that expression in any way. Participants of the market trading environment of necessity must make up their own rules for entry and exit. The "problem," however, is that price movement is fluid, always in motion, quite unlike the relatively structured events to which most of us are accustomed. The decisions that confront the participant in the market are as endless as the price fluctuations. There is no beginning, no middle and no end-- these become concepts created by the participant.[/i]

-- Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy

:(
Again, really, you ought not to post such nonsense because, the academy in Illinios I have no doubt has an illustrious history with regard to mathematics and science, but this pronouncement is absolute nonsense in regard to trading, but persuasively and insidiously worded, only to confuse and again misdirect the gullible, the vulnerable and the uninformed.

It's not a pronouncement; it's a course description. Would you like to see the whole thing?

dbphoenix said:
Granted, there may be some who can accomplish all of this without working at it. But the rest of us just have to grind it out. :(
Again, this is not correct. None of it can be accomplished without working.

But the kind of work required to be done both on the topic and oneself is not the kind of work that ordinary people are willing or able to do.

Additionally and curiously, the idea of the existence of naturally gifted people who are able to surmount and succeed with ease by comparison to the norm is not to be discounted, but they are in the absolute minority, nor indeed the existence of others who persuade themselves to fail, so, within the context of all these, the rest condemn themselves to grind it out as you say.

To additionally hamper them in the grinding process by not providing the correct framework is unfair, and morally indefensible, but obscurable by bigotry and bluster.

dbphoenix said:
It's not a pronouncement; it's a course description. Would you like to see the whole thing?
No thank you, because in contradistinction to most with regard to this topic, I am able to pinpoint in a nanosecond what is nonsense and what isn't.

And this is nonsense, absolute nonsense.

SOCRATES said:
Again, this is not correct. None of it can be accomplished without working.

You'll have to take that up with Bramble.

To additionally hamper them in the grinding process by not providing the correct framework is unfair, and morally indefensible, but obscurable by bigotry and bluster.

You'll have to take that up with the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy.

And......you duck it once again....

You take it up with Bramble if you like, I am just laying out the facts.
Oh, and additionally with Penelope, and Felicity and Aylish to boot.

As for the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, well, you ought to take it up with them yourself as well, since you are so keen to quote them, blindly, without considering what you are quoting and why, and in what context.

I have just received a PM from a member and I am certain will be tickled pink if I mention it here:~

QUOTE:~ As my expert contract bridge playing friend so and so said once to someone after she protested at his correcting an elementary mistake made at one of his lowest level seminars

"But Mr So and So - I have been playing this game for more than 40 years - much longer than you" - "Well madam, many players go on making the same mistakes over and over again all their lives but you cannot be one of those or you wouldn't be here". UNQUOTE

And this is what this thread is like now, a stupid closed loop argument that I am not willing to pursue any longer in preference to tea and scones in my sunny garden on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Ta Ta.

SOCRATES said:
And this is what this thread is like now, a stupid closed loop argument that I am not willing to pursue any longer.

So you've said. :)

But it's all written down, in your posts, in mine, in books and various accounts. Each novice is free to take whatever path enables him to reach his goals. Many goals, many paths.

Please yourself, but I am bored with all this bloody nonsense and persistent arguing, and that's it.

LMAO.

For Bramble. I note that dbPhoenix was the loser despite the fact that he is likely to have woken after Socrates. I also note my successful prediction of the schoolyard reference. Consistency in everything.

I will also declare that discipline is "deciding not to post anything further on this thread" and follow your excellent lead.

db, seeming to be following his patterns from a previous board will no doubt "have the last word (again, and maybe again and again)" unless Socrates having correctly analysed him has truly got bored with him this time ... and db can resist answering this.

Kiwi,

I will explain why I am bored. You see, I have here a veritable arsenal of various munitions. Each ordnance is suited to a particular target. I have a great variety of shells and rockets and cannonballs and even depth charges.The target has to be a significant target, one worth firing at.

Now what happens is that the shells that have been fired, not at db pheonix himself, but at the nonsense he persitently persists in insisting on is flimsy, by virtue of the fact that it is really cardboard cut out and not the real thing. In consequence, it is a waste of armour piercing shells, because instead of vapourising the target, they just go straight through, this I have now learnt.

Additionally this happens so fast very few people are able to keep up with the progress of the barrage.
Other ordnance is now on stand by, range and parabola set, all that needs to happen is for the target to manifest itself properly. Then if appropriate you can expect further shelling. I hope it is not the case.

Kind Regards.

Last edited:
OPEN APPEAL TO DB PHOENIX:~

Listen DB, poor Ducatti is in a lot of bother with a riddle he cannot solve in his dealings in Callum Petroleum. You and I may have our differences. It would be very easy for you to lend him a hand.
I cannot do it because he has been very naughty and rude to me, so he would never listen to me.
But I am confident he holds you in the highest esteem and is more likely to follow any useful pointer you may be able to provide. I entrust you as an act of charity, please, to render him whatever assistance is required in the plight in which he currently finds himself.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?p=178587#post178587

Very Kind Regards.