• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

IP protection for Darwins

The asset of a strategy is very very minor info.
IMO no. The risk class is a gap which is not provided by Darwinex.
FSK crashed the trading account getting margin calls by starting to trade XPT (Platinum) which is removed meanwhile from the tradable assets as far as I can see it in MT4.
Investors here were fooled by hiding the assets.

I have observed many successful traders and they would often let people know the entry, exit and asset that was being traded in advance. Even with that information that was readily given, no one was able to work out the strategy used. The idea of being able to reverse engineer a strategy may work on very simple indicators used such as MA etc but is almost impossible on more complex strategies in my view. One guy who allowed several of us to watch his live trades for months even told us what he was using and none of us to could work out how he was using it to make profits every day. We knew it was based on the principle that markets are cyclical and he was using multiple timeframes to enter and exit and even gave us some of the indicators he used but we never did work out how he did it. Those with complex and highly profitable strategies would never worry about others knowing the asset class or their entry and exits because they know that even with that information to hand no one is going to be able to work out how it works IMHO.

Hm, wondering what makes you all that sure, thats nobody out there on the (dark) net is willing and able to do it ? I am sure that there are really excellent hacker+programmer+engineers out there (even in russia or china) paid somehow with no ethic concerns at all.
Only because you and me(!) are not able or willing to do it ?

Last edited:
Hm, wondering what makes you all that sure, thats nobody out there on the (dark) net is willing and able to do it ? I am sure that there are really excellent hacker+programmer+engineers out there (even in russia or china) paid somehow with no ethic concerns at all.
Only because you and me(!) are not able or willing to do it ?
No. Because you don't (or didn't) make enough visible money with it.
Go to the hall of fame and copy the first ten traders there. Then you'll learn that you currently don't make enough money by copying their strategy, the cash cow lived in the past.

Last edited:
Let's assume you have a persistent edge and there are hackers able to reverse engineer it, investors are the first ones that you have to hide your strategy.
I am not speaking about peanut investors like me but big ones with millions.
Why pay you and Darwinex management and performance fees?
They could hire a hacker and benefit from the full edge of the strategy: 100% return.

Last edited:
Suppose that you are the prince with an alpha among the millions of lucky frogs.
Being able to to reverse engineer your strategy is probably less likely than being the prince.
Ah... I have just rechecked.
I had a mistake between showing trading asset and trading journal.
With only trading asset info, nothing can be analyzed more.
At least, trading journal should be provided to do some reverse engineering stuff.
@Trader333 : Anw, I think we should not underestimate others. Some of you can not do reverse engineering but please do not say as sure as noone can do it. It's just a matter that it's deserve to spend time and effort to do it or not.
And one more, no need to 100% reverse engineering a system, just a part of it also bring back some benefit.

@TrainerTXR : i think showing trading asset is OK. No harm at all.

@TrungLN
For the type of returns that even the best Darwins are getting I doubt that anyone would consider it worthwhile to try and reverse engineer the system. There are trading systems out there where the strategy is fully disclosed and if used properly will make very good returns but when given to two different traders, one will make money and the other loses. The point is that even if an entire system is known it is not as easy to trade as just knowing what it is. The example I gave was for someone who was making between $2K and $10K a day in profit every day and even told us most of how it was working. Your comment above that you only need part of the system is not the case in my experience as we had almost all of it and still couldn't work it out fully. I have a very good undertanding of indicators, money management and numerous trading systems and approaches to trading. This includes the ability to program and have previously reverse engineered several automated systems but even with that ability I was still unable to fully work out the example I gave.

There are trading systems out there where the strategy is fully disclosed and if used properly will make very good returns but when given to two different traders, one will make money and the other loses. T
For this case, I think fully disclosed stuff is just theory basis (general/overview info). And how to apply mainly depends on each traders and how they understand it.
And it's not strange in this trading world. Since a lot of factors impact to sucess of a strategy. Not only the system, but also the psychology in trading.
I have a very good undertanding of indicators, money management and numerous trading systems and approaches to trading. This includes the ability to program and have previously reverse engineered several automated systems but even with that ability I was still unable to fully work out the example I gave
Yeah. That's great. It's good to know how much your skill is. I just want to emphasize that one thing you can not do, it does not mean others can not, too.
The example I gave was for someone who was making between $2K and $10K a day in profit every day and even told us most of how it was working
Impressed am I about the profit of the example. Just, if the owner told you everything but you still not figure out. There are a lot of reason (not only about your skill or your ability of understanding, but also about the way the owner gives info to you). So, I do not know in details.

For the type of returns that even the best Darwins are getting I doubt that anyone would consider it worthwhile to try and reverse engineer the system.
But remember these Darwins have a defined VAR applied to them. Their returns are not the actual returns of the trading strategies behind them. A Darwin can achieve a return of 2% but find that the actual strategy achieved ~20%.