IP protection for Darwins

• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

TrungLN

242 366
I agree but investors have to think if the trader is protecting an edge or a scam.
I think with all infor provided by Darwinex, investors got enough info about a strategy.
Ex: Var: show how it risks.
Darwinex volatile shows the volatile vs EU.
Monthly/daily rotation shows how often trades made.
Risk distribution: show how risk is managed per each trades
And a lot more.
The asset of a strategy is very very minor info.

Reactions: TrainerTXR

TrainerTXR

45 78
It depends on the trader wether he will give the information.

It depends to the investor, wether he demand the information for investing/following.

A 'black box' system can fail. An 'Open Source' system can fail.

In both cases:
Historical results/data are no garantee for future sucess.

Reactions: CavaliereVerde

TrainerTXR

45 78
I agree, and there is always a time delay with usually price moves.
Replication works only real time as @Muiris wrote.

Showing the assets is not the same as showing the trades.
IMO showing the assets does not touch the IP.

If I were Darwinex, I would remove that option:
View attachment 296081
At the end the pain and loss of investors creates the pain of Darwinex.
What I am actually missing with that is an additional button/Choise:

o INVESTORS ONLY !

this make 100% sence to me !

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
595 557
The asset of a strategy is very very minor info.
IMO no. The risk class is a gap which is not provided by Darwinex.
FSK crashed the trading account getting margin calls by starting to trade XPT (Platinum) which is removed meanwhile from the tradable assets as far as I can see it in MT4.
Investors here were fooled by hiding the assets.

Trader333

8,655 981
I have observed many successful traders and they would often let people know the entry, exit and asset that was being traded in advance. Even with that information that was readily given, no one was able to work out the strategy used. The idea of being able to reverse engineer a strategy may work on very simple indicators used such as MA etc but is almost impossible on more complex strategies in my view. One guy who allowed several of us to watch his live trades for months even told us what he was using and none of us to could work out how he was using it to make profits every day. We knew it was based on the principle that markets are cyclical and he was using multiple timeframes to enter and exit and even gave us some of the indicators he used but we never did work out how he did it. Those with complex and highly profitable strategies would never worry about others knowing the asset class or their entry and exits because they know that even with that information to hand no one is going to be able to work out how it works IMHO.

TrainerTXR

45 78
Hm, wondering what makes you all that sure, thats nobody out there on the (dark) net is willing and able to do it ? I am sure that there are really excellent hacker+programmer+engineers out there (even in russia or china) paid somehow with no ethic concerns at all.
Only because you and me(!) are not able or willing to do it ?

Last edited:
Reactions: CavaliereVerde

IlIlIlIlI

Established member
595 557
Hm, wondering what makes you all that sure, thats nobody out there on the (dark) net is willing and able to do it ? I am sure that there are really excellent hacker+programmer+engineers out there (even in russia or china) paid somehow with no ethic concerns at all.
Only because you and me(!) are not able or willing to do it ?
No. Because you don't (or didn't) make enough visible money with it.
Go to the hall of fame and copy the first ten traders there. Then you'll learn that you currently don't make enough money by copying their strategy, the cash cow lived in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gargamel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock