• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

IP protection for Darwins

TrainerTXR

Never trust a Darwin where the assets are hidden.
HFD also did that for a while before it crashed.

And I lost 1.60 € with BZC:
View attachment 296072
I disagree - thinking about hiding for TXR.
Why - since I guess there are many 'reverse engineers' on the way and you give the information for free. I don't judge traders hiding there edge, there are so many information provided apart from the pairs you cannot hide.
Real investors can see pairs it in the statement anyway - but therefor you have to 'risk' at least 66.67 (x3=200) EUR/USD/GBP for e few days only.

• Haha
Reactions: TLN
I disagree, and I'm not talking about TXR. :)
Usually traders hide their assets when they start trading high risk stuff like XTI, XAU and other metals or WS30.
Usually the position size is not adequate to the account size.
That has nothing to do with an edge, but just hiding the risk.

I'd appreciate if Darwinex would show at least a risk class if the assets are hidden or new assets are added.

but therefor you have to 'risk' at least 66.67 (x3=200) EUR/USD/GBP for e few days only
IMO real investors would not buy it if they do a due diligence for a Darwin (I intentionally did not with my former investments in foreign Darwins).

Why - since I guess there are many 'reverse engineers' on the way and you give the information for free. I don't judge traders hiding there edge, there are so many information provided apart from the pairs you cannot hide.
Real investors can see pairs it in the statement anyway - but therefor you have to 'risk' at least 66.67 (x3=200) EUR/USD/GBP for e few days only.
Reverse engineer what.

believe me, you could post your winning trades daily and you are unlikely to have an long term followers.

there are no magic parametres anyway.

believe me, you could post your winning trades daily and you are unlikely to have an long term followers.
So tell me why not? Since I just tell who I am and what i am doing? try to not dazzle anyone with marketing blabla with ML, AI, 100+ years experience, professional something ???

From what I see you are trading many forex pairs so the edge is not in the asset but in the strategy.
The problem is people replicating or averaging down spx500 and earning fees from it.
IP protection is a serious subject but often we bump into guys protecting bad practices and dangerous tricks.

I think it is choice of trader if he want to hide traded instruments.
We can even see warren buffett holding from 13F filing every quarter with United States Securities and Exchange Commission regulation.
But I don't think anyone will able to replicate warren buffett portfolio with 100% accuracy.

So tell me why not? Since I just tell who I am and what i am doing? try to not dazzle anyone with marketing blabla with ML, AI, 100+ years experience, professional something ???
like i said. reverse engineer what?

From what I see you are trading many forex pairs so the edge is not in the asset but in the strategy.
The problem is people replicating or averaging down spx500 and earning fees from it.
IP protection is a serious subject but often we bump into guys protecting bad practices and dangerous tricks.
IP protection is only so people can't copy your trades real time.

not "reverse engineering" you decisions

Are you a system developer ? No system works on ALL instruments and ALL time.
I guess I spend about 50% of my time finding the right instruments and right time window (which works not just a few lucky month but 10+ years). You need a lot of (reliable) data, work and even computing power to validate.
[there is a phrase here: "you have to kiss many many frogs to find a prince" - same is with trading system ideas]
So these information are EXTREMLY useful if you know what you are doing - thats I believe.

And in the end:
Since the liquidity is limited hiding the system being copied PROTECTS the investors/follower from divergence/slippage -ever thought about that ?

Last edited:
But I don't think anyone will able to replicate warren buffett portfolio with 100% accuracy.
I agree, and there is always a time delay with usually price moves.
Replication works only real time as @Muiris wrote.

Showing the assets is not the same as showing the trades.
IMO showing the assets does not touch the IP.

If I were Darwinex, I would remove that option:
1612786874476.png

At the end the pain and loss of investors creates the pain of Darwinex.

As we should have all learned from google: data is the new gold!

In the end it just comes to what level of paranoiya you personally run.
I simply respect other trader, who decides not to give that information - no blame for that.
And its good to have the choice in a free world.

Last edited:
Are you a system developer ? No system works on ALL instruments and ALL time.
I guess I spend about 50% of my time finding the right instruments and right time window (which works not just a few lucky month but 10+ years). You need a lot of (reliable) data, work and even computing power to validate.
[there is a phrase here: "you have to kiss many many frogs to find a prince" - same is with trading system ideas]
So these information are EXTREMLY useful if you know what you are doing - thats I believe.

And in the end:
Since the liquidity is limited hiding the system being copied PROTECTS the investors/follower from divergence/slippage -ever thought about that ?
I know . you defeated yourself with you own logic. bravo

At this point, I think I know what @TrainerTXR mentions.
Since, I used to search a lot from the internet, youtube, mql5 forum/market, code base, signal history to learn how a profitable could be.
On the other word, I do some reverse engineering. I analyze how the trades made, and try to figure out what the traders think to learn and to immitate for my own system.
But it's hard for realize above stuff. A good/smart engineer/programer in need to do that. And in Darwinex, just some simple strategies (such as with simple entry setup, simple exit rules) should be worried about copying by the others.
^^

Since, I used to search a lot from the internet, youtube, mql5 forum/market, code base, signal history to learn how a profitable could be.
This is learning. :) Not reverse engineering.
Mostly IP is in entries not in assets and by the way it is impossible to find the ruleset from the trades.

I agree but investors have to think if the trader is protecting an edge or a scam.
I think with all infor provided by Darwinex, investors got enough info about a strategy.
Ex: Var: show how it risks.
Darwinex volatile shows the volatile vs EU.
Monthly/daily rotation shows how often trades made.
Risk distribution: show how risk is managed per each trades
And a lot more.
The asset of a strategy is very very minor info.

It depends on the trader wether he will give the information.

It depends to the investor, wether he demand the information for investing/following.

A 'black box' system can fail. An 'Open Source' system can fail.

In both cases:
Historical results/data are no garantee for future sucess.

I agree, and there is always a time delay with usually price moves.
Replication works only real time as @Muiris wrote.

Showing the assets is not the same as showing the trades.

If I were Darwinex, I would remove that option:
View attachment 296081
At the end the pain and loss of investors creates the pain of Darwinex.
What I am actually missing with that is an additional button/Choise:

o INVESTORS ONLY !

this make 100% sence to me !