Investing Tesla

Are you investing Tesla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be comfortable with a negative performance for 2021 but I believe it will be positive and higher than +20% for a quote higher than 1000.

Adding a new survery is not something Mods are able to do from what I can see. We can only edit the existing one but LM may know better than I do.

Good luck if you've made money from Tesla so far, but you are playing with fire. It will not be worth more than $800 by the end of the year!
If it is I wont post here anymore!
Bump.
Down 13.5% from my post in Jan, looking like a falling knife right now.
Any buyers???

If anyone bought Tesla shares this year .. they are losing money! 😢
The charts aren't looking good! 😲
And at some point the market is going to want them to make an actual profit, not like the phoney one they used to get into the s&p. 🤣

I'm thinking of starting a new thread
"What will you switch too once Tesla drops to $580".
Like this post if you would participate. 😉

On a more serious note Tesla is the new boy on the block and it has niche value.
Volkswagen have come out with the ID3 and now the ID4 and they have Brand recognition. Millions of people want to buy EV's that will get them from A -> B, on one charge, safely (ie will not spontaneously combust like a Tesla).
Also 'old people' (Thats the ones with the money who can afford EV's)
a) Dont trust computers to drive them autonomously (thats how they got to be old ... by not trusting computers with their life) and actually ENJOY the driving experience. You know the fast cars fixation thats been around for over 100 years).
b) Have grown up buying German cars, a brand synonymous with luxury and reliability.

Tesla's impact on the global market is limited and time (and lack of sales) will show this to be the case. All in my not so humble opinion of course.
Get out while you can!

Spontaneous combustion is BS ...
Gasoline is much more flammable than batteries...
Competition by VW is serious but I would be courious if they are profitable selling their electric cars.
All companies produce electric cars but they are not pushing them because they are not meking money with electric cars.
Even decent cars like Zoe Leaf and Kona are not advertised by their companies, they prefer to advertise internal combustion models, or mild-hybrid bullshit.
Brands are important, I think tesla will sell a lot of skateboards to other car manifacturers

Spontaneous combustion is BS ...
Gasoline is much more flammable than batteries...
Competition by VW is serious but I would be courious if they are profitable selling their electric cars.
All companies produce electric cars but they are not pushing them because they are not meking money with electric cars.
Even decent cars like Zoe Leaf and Kona are not advertised by their companies, they prefer to advertise internal combustion models, or mild-hybrid bullshit.
Brands are important, I think tesla will sell a lot of skateboards to other car manifacturers
The facts are against you on that one!

"There was yet another Tesla fire, this time in Shanghai.

It broke out as a Tesla Model S was sitting in a parking garage. The car had not just suffered an impact, as in previous fire cases, and it was not charging."

"From 2011 to 2015, 325 people in the US on average died each year in internal-combustion-engine vehicle fires. That's out of 263.6 million registered vehicles in the US.
That means there were, on average, about 1.23 fire deaths per million vehicles annually from 2011 to 2015. Most of them, 58%, started with a vehicle collision or overturn."

"...if Tesla were an average car, we would have expected 0.23 Tesla fire deaths in 2016, 0.35 in 2017, 0.45 deaths in 2018, and 0.16 deaths in 1Q 2019," Brown wrote. That's a total of 1.19 fire deaths over three years."

In 2019 alone there were 4 deaths from fires. Just one year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also 'old people' (Thats the ones with the money who can afford EV's)
a) Dont trust computers to drive them autonomously (thats how they got to be old ... by not trusting computers with their life) and actually ENJOY the driving experience. You know the fast cars fixation thats been around for over 100 years).
Autonomous driving will make the difference for Taxi .
Tesla cars are the most fun to drive, old people that want to enjoy are more likely to be satisfied with 350-400 hp than with 150 .
Only Tesla is giving you a family car with the performance of a sport car.