Investing Tesla

Are you investing Tesla?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think many things are already priced but many are still to be priced.
What I think is priced is that Tesla will be the biggest car company, having the best technology for EVs.
What I think has still to be priced is autonomous/robotaxi stuff and the growth as energy provider.
Texas has proved the US is not ready with the necessary infrastructure for EV's. If there's no electricity to heat and light your home theres no electricity to charge your car. Its dead in the water.
Until the US spends money to improve infrastructure which takes a LOOONNNG time, people will not switch.
The autonomous taxi idea is great but works well in metropolitan areas, and we are seeing people leaving these areas to move to the country and work remotely. THAT market is shrinking before its even begun.
I think I'm the Debbie Downer today so ...
If the US (and the rest of the world China, Russia, African nations) invests in nuclear power and upgrades its electrical infrastructure I'm a long term investor in Tesla. Until then I'll just trade the swings.

Texas has proved the US is not ready with the necessary infrastructure for EV's. If there's no electricity to heat and light your home theres no electricity to charge your car. Its dead in the water.
Until the US spends money to improve infrastructure which takes a LOOONNNG time, people will not switch.
The world adapts very fast.
It has been more difficult to transition from horses to cars, it happened in 10 years.
I live in a small town under 2000 inhabitants in Italy, even here we have a fast charger in the car park, 3 years ago there was nothig.
This is not about Tesla, the world has to go electric , even competitors admit it
What you mention as a problem is an opportunity for Tesla, they already stabilized the grid with their megapack in Australia
, they will do the same in Texas.

The world adapts very fast.
It has been more difficult to transition from horses to cars, it happened in 10 years.
I live in a small town under 2000 inhabitants in Italy, even here we have a fast charger in the car park, 3 years ago there was nothig.
This is not about Tesla, the world has to go electric , even competitors admit it
What you mention as a problem is an opportunity for Tesla, they already stabilized the grid with their megapack in Australia
, they will do the same in Texas.
Do they get many hurricanes in Australia?
FIRST of the seasons hurricanes hits Texas* (Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina...)
How long will solar panels and wind turbines last? And where is the Sun?

Electrification is a great idea but the world will need a lot more Nuclear power stations in order to make it work. And voters like Nuclear power stations ... but not in their back yard.

About nuclear I agree, I like Terra Power promoted by Bill Gates, it will be needed.
The point is that solar is already a reality.
We will reach a point when every house will have panels on the roof.
Wind turbines are much more resistent than regular buildings.
If a hurricane destroys a 200k value house that is the main problem not the loss of 20k of panels.

Unstoppable Volkswagen shares eye best week ever in EV frenzy​

(Reuters) - Shares in Germany’s Volkswagen were up on Thursday and on course for a fourth daily rise and their best week ever as investors cheered its plans to overtake Tesla in the electric car market.

...making the carmaker the biggest company of the DAX benchmark index ahead of software group SAP .

...ordinary stock was up 9.3% and up 46.5% on the week in its best run since Volkswagen’s short squeeze in 2008.

VW is Bigger than the Tech companies 😉

I hate to say I told you so (not really) but 2 weeks ago I told you so!
On a more serious note Tesla is the new boy on the block and it has niche value.
Volkswagen have come out with the ID3 and now the ID4 and they have Brand recognition. Millions of people want to buy EV's that will get them from A -> B, on one charge, safely (ie will not spontaneously combust like a Tesla).
Also 'old people' (Thats the ones with the money who can afford EV's)
a) Dont trust computers to drive them autonomously (thats how they got to be old ... by not trusting computers with their life) and actually ENJOY the driving experience. You know the fast cars fixation thats been around for over 100 years).
b) Have grown up buying German cars, a brand synonymous with luxury and reliability.

Tesla's impact on the global market is limited and time (and lack of sales) will show this to be the case. All in my not so humble opinion of course.
Get out while you can!

Just one more. From the Financial Times no less ...

Volkswagen is the new Tesla​

www.ft.com/content/4a1f3980-502d-454b-8492-47f31590e706

1616062796056.png

Ouch I mean thats got to hurt. 😂

VW is copying Tesla and will certainly survive the transition to electric.
Tesla is the best placed company.
VW is the second and the best for traditional car manufacturers.
They are working their ass to go electric and I think this is the best they can do.
The point is that they have a huge obsolete structure designed to sell and mantain IC cars.
Here in Italy I have advertisment of VW IC cars many times a day, no advertising for ID4 ID3 ...

Last edited:
Tesla was a meme stock, it isnt anymore, you just need to read WSB (the new WSJ) and its barely mentioned . All the stimulus money this time round is going elsewhere, and then it stops completely.
Tesla after almost 20 years is just another (niche) car manufacturer, who's demographic is 17 year old (soy) boys and mid life crisis males.
>80% of people want bland cars ... 50% are only interested in the colour so maybe if Tesla bought out some female friendly colours they would have a huge advantage but they only have 'male' colours.
Tesla as a leader in EV car manufacturing is a pipe dream Elon is spread too thin to focus on making it happen, he's more interested in smoking 'fancy' cigarettes and tweeting about doge coin.

Tesla was a good rocket ride but its over. Trade the swings.

You are dead wrong. :)
I dont' care about Wall Street stuff.
I acheived 500% in 2020 not following suggestion of WS "analysts" but studying techonolgy and cars.
They were very wrong about Tesla so prefer to focus on car experts, instead of "stock experts".
10 years ago I thought Musk was a crazy guy that asked for money before producing cars.
Now I know him much better and he is a genius.
Diess is not a genius but he is a smart CEO and decided to copy Tesla industrial plan because it works.
A niche company...
Maybe you missed that Tesla is building 2 gigafactories per year.

You are dead wrong. :)
I dont' care about Wall Street stuff.
I acheived 500% in 2020 not following suggestion of WS "analysts" but studying techonolgy and cars.
They were very wrong about Tesla so prefer to focus on car experts, instead of "stock experts".
10 years ago I thought Musk was a crazy guy that asked for money before producing cars.
Now I know him much better and he is a genius.
Diess is not a genius but he is a smart CEO and decided to copy Tesla industrial plan because it works.
A niche company...
Maybe you missed that Tesla is building 2 gigafactories per year.
I'm just checking to see if your still alive and the virus hasn't affected your cognitive abilities. 😄
The Brits call it banter.

I would not be able to answer better than him: ;)

Yep some random dude does a "Back of a fag packet" calculation and comes how much of an increase in the AMOUNT of electricity needed to power cars but not the increase in the cost of the power GRID to support all the extra electricity. Currently there are rolling blackouts across large portions of America and complete power outages are common.
Here are 2 estimates of how much it would cost.

Good luck getting that bill passed through the Senate.

random dude
I hope you watched the video by this random dude with 3 millions of subscribers.
The grid has more problems from air conditioning that from EVs that are usually charged at night.
There are many place in US where roads are crappy, maybe they will go back to horses.