Intraday Waves/cycles

TA03

2 0
Hello,

I am new to the board and hope that the more experienced traders can help me with my question.

I have come across Elliot wave and found it very intimidating but I am sure that if I can understand what the definition oa single wave is I should understand it better so;

"What is a single wave or cycle, what are the charectristics, how do you recognise the biginning/end or high/low of one?".

I should be grateful if anybody could give me some examples as well.

Thank you very much.

Skimbleshanks

2,325 16
The only Elliott Wave stuff I use is the 5 wave.

Wave 1 up, wave 2 pullback, wave 3 up, wave 4 pullback, wave 5 up. And the same for going down. Wave 4 is usually longer, deeper and messier than wave 2.

A three wave correction (ABC) is good to know about too, and these can be traded as a measured move, whereby the length of wave A from top to bottom is often equal to wave C from top to bottom.

That's all I concern myself with when it comes to Elliott Waves - keeping it simple is the way I work. I'll try and post a few examples after the market closes today, if I remember! :D

And welcome to T2W by the way. :D

fudgestain

254 9
TAO3? Trading At the Open every 3rd day .. just being silly really.

However, TAO3, if I may so suggest, start studying the ranges and size of gyrations of the market you propose trading (ie Dow). You may then catch the excitement of what can be done.

I leave the 'bicycles and sea waves' to others .. but your choice entirely.

Enjoy T2W!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock