Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 49 PM

EJ

nice move up after a small spike down at news and now back above 137 at 137 14

Above 136 97 on pullbacks - are still then scalp buys again - but under 90 then bcak to new scalp sells or hold any you are in

Even the GU as risen 20+ pips now ;-)

HI JR

Normally I try and be in under 9 mins from the news

I rarely leave a trade on with red news - ( unless a 30% NPGT with say 100+ pips in it already) - but try to be ready to judge whether the structure will take the move

On the EU structure was up nicely for either way move as fairly neutral level - smack in the middle of a range.

So after first spike up I am looking at my LRs for support and they said above 3373/5 look at keep buying

Under 3369 and 65 - back into the range and then I would not be taking it

So far we have made 3406 and I have taken 70% stake off and will leave 30% on whilst we stay over 3390

If i see it falling I will exit the 30% before 90 - and then look for a scalp sell down under 88 to 75/77

Hope that helps JR - every news release can be different - and some are easy - others can be really tough and then you wait until next TW - 21 mins after the release

Regards

F

Thats great F,

I'm always hesitant with the news and sometimes my hesitation can stop me from getting in on some nice moves after the news, I just need practice with gauging my entry after the initial spike. I've just looked at your above comment in relation to my chart and I can see how you took that trade on the EU, very nicely done!

Would you tend to focus on one pair before the news and stick with it or would you be looking at a few pairs when the news is announced then base your decision on the best mover out of the 5 or 6?

Cheers,
JR

1 56 pm

Not mentioned much on the Cad and UJ and Swissy

All have fallen but only in Swissy as it was the easiest to follow from the LR structure and as already dropped over 30 pips

Will be out next hr for a bit - but back later on

GL

Thats great F,

I'm always hesitant with the news and sometimes my hesitation can stop me from getting in on some nice moves after the news, I just need practice with gauging my entry after the initial spike. I've just looked at your above comment in relation to my chart and I can see how you took that trade on the EU, very nicely done!

Would you tend to focus on one pair before the news and stick with it or would you be looking at a few pairs when the news is announced then base your decision on the best mover out of the 5 or 6?

Cheers,
JR

No problem - glad I can help

Yes one main pair gets main efforts - in this case EU and on larger lot size and then I also trade up to 2 others on scalps - in this case GU and Swissy - purely because their PA and LR price structure gave me confidence - but only on a third of size of EU

I then try and take 70% profits off early to be safe allowing me to cover any problems etc

So far the 30% stake on EU as risen another 18 pips - so I will exit in this TW and 18 pips at 30% is like a nice 100% scalp of say 6 pips

I am really totally profit orientated and would rather have 5 pips in the bag then hold out for another 10 or 20 pips

I must be the most boring safest scalper out there lol

Regards

F

See you after 3 00 pm some time

Only leaving one 30% on with GU = out all other trades for now

Good hunting and stay safe ;-)

4 33 pm

Well leaving my 30% stake on the GU was a waste - stopped out with just 1 pip of profit - and glad i closed my EU and Swissy trades at near the correct levels - ie the interim top and interim low on swissy.

Looks as though it been a boring 60 /90 mins - although EU as dropped 50 pips from its high - so missed all that - shame

LR structure says I should buy the EU above 3345 and so will look for a buy after London close if we drop under 3350.

EU

The low at 4 39pm carried on another approx 6 pips to 3355 at 4 45pm

Since then we have had the first bounce above 10 pips - and I so far have got 4 of them on 70% stakes and the other 30% stake I will only keep on above 3360

Was looking at lower to hold a scalp buy on - but will see if this 3355 can last over 30 mins for now

6 00 pm

EU now at 3672

Worth leaving 30% scalp buy

Will leave on with now a tight stop at 68

Finished for the day now - see you prior to the Opens tomorrow

Good trading and stay focused

Regards

F

Thursday 14th August 2014- Pre Opens

Good Morning FX Intraday Traders

Two early red news releases this morning - one just happened at 6 30 am and the other on the German Prelim GDP q/q at 7 00 am in approx 20 mins time

Normal stuff for this thread

Quick reviews and updates on the main 4- 6 FX pairs I plan to trade today - ie levels and scalp bias etc .

Not all scalps can be advised - as some happen just too quickly - but in normal times I am after the 7 -25 pips moves all within 30 mins from 3-7 pip max stop sizes.

I trade both directions on a pair most days normally 10 -20 trades in total on a full day

Any questions etc are welcome

Have a good trading day

Regards

F

EU

Price atm basically in a 20 pip range - between 3350 and 3370

In simple terms - we need to see under 49 and 44 to be taking or holding scalp sells for tries lower and above 3372 and 85 for scalp buys for price to go back in the 3400+ zone

My scalp bias is bearish this morning - but this can easily change with the news in approx 12 mins

GU

Price fell yesterday from the 6830/40 area down to earlier this morning at 6670

In the last 4 /5 hrs we have seen rises to back up to 6686 - but need above 95 and 6700 to pass interim Rs for tries higher

For now above 6678/80 is still scalp bullish and I would need to see a fall to 79 and then 77 to be in scalp sells

7 00 am

EU price fell on news under 3350 - but only just to 3348 so far

Bias under 3360 is still bearish and down as we need above 69 and 73 for looking at holding or taking new scalp buys

EJ

Been the better scalp sell since 6 30 and 7 00 am

Price had made a LH to yesterdays 137 17 - at 14 and now with latest news dropped to 136 95

Under 137 05/6 still is scalp sell bias on any bounces now

interruption by my daughter last 5 mins - she go her A level results and got her place at Nottingham University - so she's pleased - shame about me not holding some stake on EJ sell though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.