Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 00 EO time in one min

Be careful if in any scalps etc - and this first 30 mins might have more silly twists and turns as the trickster play.

EJ

7 03 am

Supports around 138 50 have held over 90 mins now and range is approx 70 pips

Line in sand for PS for AM session for me is 138 95 to 139 05 ish

Above both favours rises and scalp buys - under both favours falls and scalps sells in terms of bias

We need back over 139 05 and 139 20 to be seeing rises etc and this morning moves are going to rely on whether we can breach under interim supports or not

AU

7 08 am

Mentioning it as my first scalp of morning

7750 -55 is the line in sand area - ie for morning PS

Its been nice PA last hour - very readable with a nice scalp buy from after 6 20 am and nice scalp sell after 6 51 am

EU

7 08 am

After 6 51 am and 7 00 am was a scalp sell - but did not take it - due to the EO and worry of spikes etc etc

We need under 1225 and 1218 to hold scalp sells on longer if you have taken any

GU

6 55 am

Line in the sand area for early AM session on PS is approx 5490 to 5500

We hit around 5550 yesterday and this morning need really over 5530 and 40 to be holding scalp buys on longer for further tries up

Under 5500 and 5490 favours scalp sells down to supports at 75/80 - 5450 and then 5425/30

Low at 5502 as held over 30 mins - but for now in a tightest range and not really showing anything other than scalp moves between 5520 and 5502

Just watch out for tricks after EO and this next 30 min first - but at least you know the main intraday levels for trades etc

GU

7 14 am

We peaked at 5514 and now after 7 00 am its been scalp sells and a breach of low at 5502 - so far making 5497

Bounces staying under 5509/ 10 are sells again for now - but we still need to see if the big round support number support area at 5500 is really breached or not

EU

7 08 am

After 6 51 am and 7 00 am was a scalp sell - but did not take it - due to the EO and worry of spikes etc etc

We need under 1225 and 1218 to hold scalp sells on longer if you have taken any

EU

7 24am

Well we dropped under 1225 - but stopped at 1217/18

Bounces under 38 are sells again - but if we turn here and make over 45 and 50 and low holds 30 mins etc - a different ballgame

Not going to be here for London Open - so be careful on the EU

I have found the AU a lot nicer so far - but as we know normally the AU is not a good mover normally in the UK session

UChf

7 30 am

Last review update before I go out for 50 mins or so

Line in the sand area on PS approx 9325 - 30

Above both favours higher and of course more than likely - EU falling

Under both prices of line in sand - lower scalp sells and then if that happened EU might be trying to rise

GL and see you half way or so through next hr after the LO

Morning Nick

You must let me know how the 30 min time rule works on indices etc etc

As you know never traded the FTSE / Dax / Dow etc etc - but wondered if there are many similar clues that could help decision making ??

F

Hi F,

I don't use it on Dax. I trade two parts on Dax, larger monetary positions taken around the current months options and then futures to balance out. These can be from 5 weeks to 2 weeks. I have done this for many years and prior to that on FTSE which now is so boring and doesn't lend itself to all day scalping.

With the bigger numbers now (last few years) on Dax it does lend itself to great scalping/trading most of the day. So I trade many times in the day. I would best describe (here at least) my methods as pure price action (this is why I get your coalface analogy) as you can see reasonably well from the 1000's of hours experience just watching.

Whilst the EU is in such a flux and swinging wildly as it has for 12 months, I have to pay closer attention to EU as it often trades inversely with Dax. So I get to your thread and am interested to learn more but the time constraints make it hard to do.

I do look at technicals mostly s/r for Dax before the start because so many others trade off it and then the Dax just blows them all out and we look for new ones. I agree with you on 'trickery', not that it is trickery as such but I laugh that people are surprised that there stops etc get taken out time and time again by people who get to make money by doing it. Dax and EU both exhibit these patterns and since following your thread I always keep a 1m EU chart open and trade the swoons etc having cheated a bit and take cognisance of your s/r and made some early notes myself.

Somedays (last 6 months) I could do 100 trades a day, (yes your honour I press those buttons real fast, honest guv), some days 20.

I do believe you would do very well with it and you just need to think of it as another pair.

GL

EU

8 47 am

7 57 / 8 00 am changed to scalp buys on EU above 1225

So far not got over the line in the sand area at 1250/ 55 - 60 area

We are in a tight range from 1225 now to 1245/50 - with bias for last 30 mins up still as a scalp buy

If no over 50 and 60 though - would look for more tests on 1225 and 1220 and if they are breached then more scalp sells

GU

8 50 am

We dropped to 5492 before LO but really had not got away from the 5500 support area

Set up like EU's atm and a 25 pip range to get out off for now

AU

7 08 am

Mentioning it as my first scalp of morning

7750 -55 is the line in sand area - ie for morning PS

Its been nice PA last hour - very readable with a nice scalp buy from after 6 20 am and nice scalp sell after 6 51 am

AU

8 51 am

Its been the most readable this morning - with no real trickery

Price after 6 51 am and 7 00 am and LO at 8 00 am still sells and now made new low morning low at 7714

Bounces staying under 7726 are still sells again to next supports at 7700 area

Hi F,

I don't use it on Dax. I trade two parts on Dax, larger monetary positions taken around the current months options and then futures to balance out. These can be from 5 weeks to 2 weeks. I have done this for many years and prior to that on FTSE which now is so boring and doesn't lend itself to all day scalping.

With the bigger numbers now (last few years) on Dax it does lend itself to great scalping/trading most of the day. So I trade many times in the day. I would best describe (here at least) my methods as pure price action (this is why I get your coalface analogy) as you can see reasonably well from the 1000's of hours experience just watching.

Whilst the EU is in such a flux and swinging wildly as it has for 12 months, I have to pay closer attention to EU as it often trades inversely with Dax. So I get to your thread and am interested to learn more but the time constraints make it hard to do.

I do look at technicals mostly s/r for Dax before the start because so many others trade off it and then the Dax just blows them all out and we look for new ones. I agree with you on 'trickery', not that it is trickery as such but I laugh that people are surprised that there stops etc get taken out time and time again by people who get to make money by doing it. Dax and EU both exhibit these patterns and since following your thread I always keep a 1m EU chart open and trade the swoons etc having cheated a bit and take cognisance of your s/r and made some early notes myself.

Somedays (last 6 months) I could do 100 trades a day, (yes your honour I press those buttons real fast, honest guv), some days 20.

I do believe you would do very well with it and you just need to think of it as another pair.

GL

Great post Nick, exactly why I always get where F is coming from, I've asked him a couple of times to come over to the Dax beast

Good luck today all.

EJ

8 56 am

Was not here for a great scalp buy after 7 56 am and 8 09 am - ie a 40 pip rise in approx 20 mins - and now its back under 139 00 and just chopping wood atm

Need more clues for next real direction - so will look at it again after 9 00 am

With the AU being fairly readable today - might be worth checking out the EA and the UCad as other pairs that do have correlations with the Aussie etc

Will look this next hour and update

Will post my AU chart in next 10 mins as its such a nice one this morning with clear line in the sand and nice PA which is very readable

Status
Not open for further replies.