Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know you look at ticks and 1 mins, do you look at wider contexts beyond say an our on the chart? I see spinola above had about a half hr range on his chart. i guess im just used to a bit wider context, but just curious, im happy to learn different styles. but right now i have to admit im struggling to see what you're seeing. i'll get there though.

Hi MA

Yes sure do

What i find is my longer 3 Lrs on the 1 min give me a 1 hr view on bias

But I do use 1 hr charts to get a week view etc for important levels etc etc

I even look at weekly / monthly now and again if i get a few trades left on and with possibilities of trying over 500 or 1000 pip moves

For 90% of time my 1 min with longer Lrs gives me all i need to see

i do use then tick for a quick 5 - 15 mon view - and even scan out the 1 min to show the last 8 -10 hrs as well for levels etc etc

A good question as you do need to see all the angles and views etc to help give you more clues

Good Luck with the new journal (y)

Regards

F

3 30 pm

EU

45 to 75 the range - 30 pips to find a way out of this area

Be careful on any 2 -3 pip breach - either way - as still could be false

Eu rinse, repeat. locking in pips, soon as, as I'm getting knackered , hope the bulls are too..

n6z12x.jpg

The scalp sells on on again after 3 30 pm - so can we test under 45 now or not ??

whilst under 66 it favours lower for now

Just flattened +50 on final tranche , I'm done in now for today. . The bears had it ! :)

Good trading.

spyexg.jpg

Just flattened +50 on final tranche , I'm done in now for today. . The bears had it ! :)

Good trading.

Nice one Spinola and very well done

So far - its been a really nice week

I look forward to see what they have planned to try and fool us tomorrow

All the best

F

EU

bounce was only up to 36 and so a 10 - 12 pip scalp really

Testing 0617/8 again now and could go and then test 0600

Got to pop out on a school run - so out now

Will pop back after 5 00pm

Good Trading guys

Thanks for the response F,
I also would be curious if anyone could shed light on getting fast fills on size, I believe it's not always so easy and I guess fast scalping doesn't lend itself well to multi accounting.
Good luck.

Thanks for the response F,
I also would be curious if anyone could shed light on getting fast fills on size, I believe it's not always so easy and I guess fast scalping doesn't lend itself well to multi accounting.
Good luck.

Hi Nick, Please define 'size' and what you consider a fast fill. I just checked LMAX one minute ago (obviously market fairly quiet here) and there was an avg of $2mio per 0.1 pip on the order-book in EURUSD. Being an MTF (i.e. exchange), your fill will be near-instant (i.e. 3ms avg fill speed). Tbh I'd be shocked if anyone here is trading enough size to clear that book. As for multi-accounting, yes scalping isn't a great strategy for that. I sometimes have orders auto-executed (measuring many trade duration's in seconds), & considering the latency in some multi-accounting software, that might cause issues. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.